IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How often do you smoke?  I havnt had a weed hangover since highschool...  Now i smoke and within an hour im completly sober.  I do know that i used to golf horribly high, like you i would top it, hook, and over shoot the green's.  Now i find that it calm's me down and helps to relax me, no more freaking out about a poorly hit shot.

Weed hangover; didn't know it existed.  You and Carl Spackler must have smoked the front nine.  Probably just an off day; I have more than my share of them, especially in the early season.

It's remarkable how many people actually know what the effect could be a day later. I don't have any experiential input to give regarding pot but alcohol hangovers definitely have a negative effect on my game so I would imagine weed would do the same.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Weed hangover; didn't know it existed..

Well when i say weed hangover i kinda mean in a haze the next day, i remember feeling like that when i first started taking a couple tokes here and their. Also smoking a high grade of hash(concentrated trichomes from the marijuana plant for those who dont know) can def keep you high for a good 12 hours leaving a strange after glow.

im not saying it is like a hangover...

My mind just drifts, hand-eye coordination isn't quite as sharp the next day.

focus is the most important thing in golf and marijuana does the exact opposite

It wouldn't affect your motor skills, hand eye coordination, and whatnot the next day.  If your not used to it, you could definitely feel "burnt out" or a little weighed down the next day which could certainly affect concentration...

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Originally Posted by tanktwo2

im not saying it is like a hangover...

My mind just drifts, hand-eye coordination isn't quite as sharp the next day.

focus is the most important thing in golf and marijuana does the exact opposite

I got what your saying, everything is somewhat in a haze.  To be honest i think it kinda depends on the person, because for me it's only helped my focus, it slows my thought process down allowing me to focus shot by shot and not hole by hole.  Also like i said, if i hit a bad shot its whatever, i dont freak out and ruin the next couple holes because of it.

Now i smoke and within an hour im completly sober.  .

Ju mus not be getting da right chit mang! Stay 'way from da bruvas on da cona!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I remember in college one of my golf buddies would smoke right on the course... he was a great golfer and he would get high as a kite!  He was around a  10-12 hc and would empty out his cigarette and fill it with the green stuff... I was always worried we'd be arrested or something lol maybe just some of his paranoia rubbing off on me haha... I know the worst rounds I've played have been due to lack of sleep or hangover from the night before.  So I cant imagine a "weed hangover" being any different.

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Phelps

Now i smoke and within an hour im completly sober.  .

Ju mus not be getting da right chit mang! Stay 'way from da bruvas on da cona!

Haha trust me im def not getting it on the corner.  I def get top shelf buds, my problem is i just smoke to much, ive blazed up 4-5 times a day for over the past 5 years, my tolerance is maxed..

Originally Posted by Kenny D

I remember in college one of my golf buddies would smoke right on the course... he was a great golfer and he would get high as a kite!  He was around a  10-12 hc and would empty out his cigarette and fill it with the green stuff... I was always worried we'd be arrested or something lol maybe just some of his paranoia rubbing off on me haha... I know the worst rounds I've played have been due to lack of sleep or hangover from the night before.  So I cant imagine a "weed hangover" being any different.

I toke it up on the coarse evertime i golf, as long as no one is close enough to smell know one will know

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Weed hangover? Has everyone that is claiming this exists actually done the drug?

Yep ive used it everyday for over 5 years.  A weed Hangover does exist, it's not like an alcohol hangover which is what im assuming everyone is comparing it to.  More or less if you smoke to much and everything is somewhat in a haze the next day..  This really only applys to people who rarely smoke though.

I can only say that the only time I played high in high school was the only time I was the medalist, LOL

Haven't touched the stuff since I graduated from college almost 15 years ago.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

What in the name of all that is holy is this thread about?  How to be a pothead and still be excellent at the things you do in life?  Come on people.  Please develop some class.

• Upvote 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

What in the name of all that is holy is this thread about?  How to be a pothead and still be excellent at the things you do in life?  Come on people.  Please develop some class.

Amen to that!!

Butch

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

Watch alittle to much reefer madness? Lol man you should just relax and take a puff.  There is nothing wrong with smoking the herb, as has been proven over the past 10 years that it has ton's of tremendous quality's.

There is alot of sucessful people who smoke herb, IE Michael Phelps.

Note: This thread is 2722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!