IGNORED

How do you feel about buying clubs online?

Note: This thread is 4791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw a set of Taylormade Superlaunch irons on ebay at an impressive price. How do you feel about buying clubs online?

Since these are cast irons would that effect the fitting process if I took them into a shop?

I am somewhat leary about buying clubs online but the pricing is substantially better than some of the local shops in my area.

if you post the link, it will be much easier to tell you if it's legit or not.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

If it's ebay I only buy from top rated sellers. Anything else I won't buy. I'm not going to be like most ppl here that will say make sure you hit the clubs before you buy them, but definitely make sure it's what you want before you make the purchase. GL!

Ive bought most of my clubs online and have no regrets.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I buy almost all my clubs online (ebay) and have had nothing but good experiences.  As long as you buy from a highly rated seller with many tansactions (like the one selling the clubs you're looking at) you should be just fine.  I live in Canada and the Adams 9064ls driver is selling for 399.  You can buy it in the States for 299.  I just bought one off Ebay (Global Golf, huge seller) for 199 band new.  You just can't beat the prices you find on Ebay.  Never had clubs fitted I bought online.

If you are going to get clubs off of ebay buy from a top seller, check and see that theyve sold golf clubs before and that previous buyers were happy, have fully detailed pictures so you can see each clubface, shaft, grip, etc up close.  Make sure the specs are specified, have the seller rate the condition of the clubs, and i would recommend buying something that has a return option.

i bought a set of irons for cheap that were supposed to be 8.5/10 condition.  it was such a good deal i took a chance on it.  not a good view from the pics, no return policy.  it turned out the seller sold coins and just happened to have a set of irons come around.  the heads and shafts were 8.5, but whoever glued them together did a horrible job...the hosels were effed up to verying degrees on all of them...and they were lengthened a half an inch.

so i spent and extra 190 bucks getting my irons set up after i bought them....

im ok with the setup cuz i got a deal....i just should have been less impulsive and looked into the info before i bought.

if you buy used i have bought from callaway preowned and global golf and was very happy.  have also bought new from golfio and was happy..good luck

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the only reason why I buy online is because of the cheaper prices for golf clubs. other than that, I like to see the clubs I buy in person.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I too have bought a lot of clubs online through eBay, and like everyone else has said, make sure they are a reputable seller before buying.  I have had very good luck with the clubs I have bought, but have had some small pit falls.

My first set of Mizuno irons I bought off of eBay for a very good price, almost 50% off of retail.  Sounds to good to be true but I took a chance, the clubs were great, but, the 4i had a small nick in bottom of the club. Almost like it had hit a rock or was dropped on something sharp.  You could not see it at address nor did it effect the playability of the club.  I would never have paid full retail for a club like that nor would I have paid full retail for a set of clubs with one having a different serial number.  However, that nick saved me about $400, and in the long run I was more than satsified.

I didn't go back on the seller, but I'm sure they were aware of the issue, why else would you have a $800 set of clubs on eBay without a starting bid or reserve price, they just needed to get rid of them.

While this one transaction was a little odd, I have had many more that worked out great.  I was able to buy and sell several hybirds for basically no money out of pocket, when I was expermenting to find one I like, which I never found and it cost me no money.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I bought some clubs on ebay. The guy had like 30 sets of the same exact clubs. Guessing he got some bulk buy from a shop that got over stocked or something. $600's at the local shop and I paid $342 shipped. BUT, I was scared they were knock offs until I ran over to the shop and compared them to theirs. The guys at the store, hoping to find fakes, lol, went over the whole set for like 20 minutes and concluded they were real. He looks at me and says "well, good job....I guess". Mad that I found them elsewhere.

Another time I bought a used driver for $90 and it came with the head falling off. No response or returns allowed from the seller. So, I lost out there.

Also, anything coming from "china" is a red flag.

Check reviews of the site online. Make sure they have a phone number you can call and talk to someone. My local shop said they would match online prices if they can call and talk to someone, which may be a better option if you have a local shop that does the same.

How does fitting work out when buying clubs online? I've heard that it's a bad idea to buy cast irons online because it is extremely difficult to adjust the lie angle and that there is potential to break the club.

I'm fine with buy golf clubs online as long as it's from an authorized dealer. I haven't been able to get myself to buy from ebay yet. The idea of buying a counterfeit clubs just to save $30-40 just isn't worth it. But overall I have had great experience with online dealers, you can always find a great price and exactly what you want. A lot of companies will even talk to the manufacturer and get you custom clubs (within reason).

Originally Posted by golfismyworld

I'm fine with buy golf clubs online as long as it's from an authorized dealer. I haven't been able to get myself to buy from ebay yet. The idea of buying a counterfeit clubs just to save $30-40 just isn't worth it. But overall I have had great experience with online dealers, you can always find a great price and exactly what you want. A lot of companies will even talk to the manufacturer and get you custom clubs (within reason).

StartFragmentEndFragment

What other online sites do you find to be a bit more reputable and reliable than ebay?

any time you buy online it's a crapshoot as to whether you'll get clubs that actually fit your swing.  if you can't take them to a reputable clubfitter who can work on them then you're basically stuck with what you bought.  you'll be adjusting your swing to the club and not vice versa.  there are no "standards" in golf.  are you a "standard" golfer? the "deal" online may be a good "deal", for someone else.

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

How do you feel about buying clubs online?

Never have - never will.  I believe in supporting local merchants.

But you do what you want to do.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

What other online sites do you find to be a bit more reputable and reliable than ebay?

I've bought from rockbottomgolf and hurricane golf and had great experience with both. Low prices and fast shipping.

In the bag:

Driver: :tmade: '07 Burner Draw 10.5 
3/4 Hybrid: :adams: Idea a205
Irons: :tmade: Burner Plus  

Never had a problem buying online, never even had a real problem buying on ebay, that includes golf clubs and guitars over the last 6 years.  Only issue I ever had was a driver (store demo) that came with an extremely worn grip, but the seller refunded me the price of a new grip without complaint.  And I am a "standard" golfer-I realize that doesn't help tons of other people, but I've been fit for many different clubs and I always come out "standard."  5'11", 34" wrist to floor.  I buy from local shops too, but no shop has near the selection available online.

Note: This thread is 4791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!