IGNORED

Does your home course have fairway bunkers?

Note: This thread is 4695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Does your home course have fairway bunkers?

• Yes
    • No

Mine does not, most of the courses in my area do not have fairway bunkers.  As a matter of fact my home course only has 2 green side bunkers.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

My regular course has a ton of them (pretty much every hole). I do have one course that I occasionally play that has none and another that has none on its back 9 (the land is allowed to be used by the course as long as no bunkers are put in)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

My home course has them all over the place with the last time I was there I counted 79 traps between fairways and greens.  When the course was first built there was something around 150.  I do alot of work directly for the owner, so throughout the summer we may be adding even more at places I saw that there should be one, including making what was originally a large pond into waste land.  After all is said and done there will be 115 bunkers, about 78 of them along fairways, with only 50% or so coming into play for the average golfer.

• 2 weeks later...

A few. I can count off the top of my head 5 holes with fairway bunkers. It's still a tough course with a 136 slope at 6400 yards. Most of the difficulty is in strategically placed wetlands and some narrow fairways.

My home course has only a hand full.  But none of them are for the aesthetics, they are all in play and will influence you next shot when looking at them.

Butch

Originally Posted by warfelg

My home course has them all over the place with the last time I was there I counted 79 traps between fairways and greens.  When the course was first built there was something around 150.  I do alot of work directly for the owner, so throughout the summer we may be adding even more at places I saw that there should be one, including making what was originally a large pond into waste land.  After all is said and done there will be 115 bunkers, about 78 of them along fairways, with only 50% or so coming into play for the average golfer.

Seems like a lot of sand (and maintenance) considering 50% of them aren't even in play or are they mostly maintenance free waste bunkers?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My entire home course (9 holes) has only 2 total greenside bunkers :O.

I always say if I somehow get rich that I would give them some money to build new bunkers, tees, water, cart paths, etc..

:whistle:

The course where I play has one set of 18 with only water, and another full 18 with bunkers all over the place.

"drive for show, putt for dough"

#2 par 5..one in play on the left side only for 200 or less hitters

#7 par 5 one in play on the left side reachable from either of the blue tees(265 to reach from the further tee) if you don't turn your ball over left to right with the dogleg

#8 par 4 has a sucker bunker as I call it on the right side that will catch someone erring too far from the trees on the left side of the fairway or someone who flairs a drive

#10 par 4  two bunkers but neither are really in play.  One is very short and serves more as a mental/alignment than anything and the other IS reachable on your best drives but still hard to get into as its set into some rolling humps

#18 par 4 right side of the fairway at 250 to reach the front of it.  It comes into play a lot with slicers, faders and blockers.  Worse than missing the bunker is the very deep valley between mounds with mature trees towards the green making for a blind shot and usually with a club that can't reach the green.

After having typed those out, its weird how my course doesn't use bunkering on the back 9 in the fairways really at all.  Unique choice to go with a lot of mounding instead of bunkers, I guess.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Fort Pierce, Florida... My home course is Indian Hills (a municipal course...) We actually have some fairways between bunkers...

It's been a real bad Spring so far and the courses are so dry I can get an extra 25 yards out of a drive...

I think the only place that's worse is this course... in the Sahara...

sahara-desert-golf-course.jpg

Originally Posted by Bob Phoenix

I'm in Fort Pierce, Florida... My home course is Indian Hills (a municipal course...) We actually have some fairways between bunkers...

It's been a real bad Spring so far and the courses are so dry I can get an extra 25 yards out of a drive...

I think the only place that's worse is this course... in the Sahara...

You should see Kabul Golf Club in Afghanistan.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Note: This thread is 4695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!