IGNORED

Someone Hit me With their Ball... Did I take it too far?

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 4751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hear fore my hands go over my face and I do some weird half bend crouching thing.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by max power

Yeah-but a golfer of any sort of frequency learns quickly to duck and cover when they hear FORE.

yeah. but still, some golfers do look up and look to see where the fore call is coming from. I have (stupidly), and I am pretty sure you have done it once or twice.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

yeah. but still, some golfers do look up and look to see where the fore call is coming from. I have (stupidly), and I am pretty sure you have done it once or twice.

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

I hear fore my hands go over my face and I do some weird half bend crouching thing.

I do exactly what jmanbooyaa describes.  I played a lot of sports as a kid, and learned that "heads up" or "fore" or "lookout" means duck and cover your face.  Besides, the fact that the occasional golfer looks up doesn't excuse someone from yelling "fore."  Most golfers know what that means and what to do.

You were a better man than me, because i would have Punched dude in his mouth. no questions asked.. he hit you and acted like a douche he needed it.

I feel sorry for all of you people who say he went too far......your a bunch of pansies....

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Originally Posted by ajschn06

I feel sorry for all of you people who say he went too far......your a bunch of pansies....

Great, just what we need.  Another tough guy who thinks it's cool to escalate violence.  Have fun out there, tough guy.

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Will do, thanks buddy!  Noone said anything about escalating violence, he got hit with a golf ball.....yet he went "too far" by throwing the guys ball....

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

lots of people do the above. when you hear "heads up!!!" you look up. it is just a natural reaction.

No it isn't.....  not on a golf course.  I was not taught that way, and my children have not been taught that either.  That said - who yells "heads up" on a golf course either?

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Originally Posted by Bryan SD2

No it isn't.....  not on a golf course.  I was not taught that way, and my children have not been taught that either.  That said - who yells "heads up" on a golf course either?

yes, exactly. who yells heads up on a golf course? I never said people say heads up on a golf course, did I? I wasn't talking about saying heads on a golf course. I was talking in general. and I am happy that you have taught your kids that heads up is not a fun game you play in the dark, but it is something that tells you to duck and take cover. the heads up game I am referring to is heads up seven up. in case you don't know.

you may not turn your head when you hear a "fore" call. but a lot of people I have played with have. and I am stunned that they turn their heads towards a "fore" call. shocked! it happens all the time. just a natural thing to do is what I get from it. or maybe just some stupid people. I don't want to think people are that dumb, so I just say they turn out of instinct or maybe curiosity. so, consider yourself a very smart person if you duck and run for cover cause a hard ball is coming at you at 150 mph and you do the correct thing and hide cause you don't want to die. happy trails my friend.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Back to the point of the post, my man was struck by a ball and the guy who did it, acted like a jerk.

just think about it like this what if you were putting and someone came over and bashed your leg in

with a gap wedge. would you punch him? if you could stand lol. i had the same thing happen to me

but wasn't hit by the ball. landed right beside me on the 8th green. i freaked out and started walking to the tee

with my putter in baseball mode talking junk to the guy. he was very apologetic . thinking back i should have just said

nice chance at double eagle, he was teeing off at no 1 par 5.

This type of situation best inform the club discipline committees or green committees. It is dangerous to take a shot if you could see players infront or on the green. The player hitting the ball just say sorry or with all sorts of excuses but the unlucky player could be in ICU.....

In my home club, we view this type of play very seriously, a player if being complained or hit a ball near or over another player head, didn't shout FORE if one ball goes OB...will get 3 months to 1 year of suspension for club members and 1 year banned notice for visitors. The main booker will get suspension too.

Be SAFE  than SORRY is my motto...

In regards to the OP's situation, am I the only one wondering why someone was teeing off on a par 3 hole with people still on the green putting?  Anyone who tees off on a par 3 while people are still on that hole deserve to be chewed out regardless of whether or not a ball hits someone.

Originally Posted by GoCocks74

In regards to the OP's situation, am I the only one wondering why someone was teeing off on a par 3 hole with people still on the green putting?  Anyone who tees off on a par 3 while people are still on that hole deserve to be chewed out regardless of whether or not a ball hits someone.

The way I read it, he was hit by someone teeing off from a different hole.

yes, exactly. who yells heads up on a golf course? I never said people say heads up on a golf course, did I? I wasn't talking about saying heads on a golf course. I was talking in general. and I am happy that you have taught your kids that heads up is not a fun game you play in the dark, but it is something that tells you to duck and take cover. the heads up game I am referring to is heads up seven up. in case you don't know.

you may not turn your head when you hear a "fore" call. but a lot of people I have played with have. and I am stunned that they turn their heads towards a "fore" call. shocked! it happens all the time. just a natural thing to do is what I get from it. or maybe just some stupid people. I don't want to think people are that dumb, so I just say they turn out of instinct or maybe curiosity. so, consider yourself a very smart person if you duck and run for cover cause a hard ball is coming at you at 150 mph and you do the correct thing and hide cause you don't want to die. happy trails my friend.

Then why post reactions to a "HEADS UP!" yell and a golf ball between the eyes if "heads up" is not a factor here?  What's next... what people should do if they hear "watch out!" or "Fire!", "OMG!", or "C'Mere Baby..."

I once played with a guy who heard someone yell "Stop!  Thieif!!"  and immdiately made eleventeen birdies straight.  I guess I reacted wrong, because I was two over during that same stretch.

We can be indeed be friends...  it's cool.  I enjoy your posts.  Cheers from Indy.  Bryan

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Then why post reactions to a "HEADS UP!" yell and a golf ball between the eyes if "heads up" is not a factor here?  What's next... what people should do if they hear "watch out!" or "Fire!", "OMG!", or "C'Mere Baby..."

I once played with a guy who heard someone yell "Stop!  Thieif!!"  and immdiately made eleventeen birdies straight.  I guess I reacted wrong, because I was two over during that same stretch.

We can be indeed be friends...  it's cool.  I enjoy your posts.  Cheers from Indy.  Bryan

Once when we were screwing around and it was basically completely dark out we had like 4 people teeing off at the same time, thought we were the only ones on the course. Turns out another group was about to cut across our fairway when we yell "FIRE!!!!" and four people hook/slice drives all over haha.. Then they sprinted across our fairway looking terrified!

We saw them back at the clubhouse and had a huge laugh over it with a beer.

But I have yet to see someone hear "FORE!" and look up into the sky like a dimwit.......

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I actually played with someone on monday who yelled "heads up" when he hit his ball. It was very weird and funny because I thought of this thread when it happened. I swear, not lying, he actually said "heads up."

so most golfers look away or duck for cover. I just think novice golfers who don't know better will be dumb and look up or towards the "fore" call. it happens.

Originally Posted by 90fiveo

You were a better man than me, because i would have Punched dude in his mouth. no questions asked.. he hit you and acted like a douche he needed it.

So an assault charge and a police record is worth that? Man- I'm brand new to this game but played hockey at various levels for the past 35 years- even we have our limits...

...besides... you never know who is punching back...I'd hate to be the guy in jail who got beat up by a fellow golfer...that would win you b*t*h points for sure...

Note: This thread is 4751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!