IGNORED

Pants or Shorts in Summer

Note: This thread is 4453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another reason to wear pants--bugs.  My area has a ton of bugs and they seem to hang out at the golf courses regardless of time of day.  Have yet to find a bug repellent that works on them, and I do not like using it anyway since I am not a fan of spraying chemicals on my body.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by Shane77624

Shorts it is.

Question:   Several of the posts staed that pants make you feel more like a professional golfer.   Why do you want to feel like a professional?

Based on the images and video in several other threads, most of the teaching professionals wear shorts, so maybe people like to pretend they're on the PGA Tour?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Like the OP I Iive in the Houston area and it's shorts for me.  I'm not bothered much by mosquitoes and don't mind the feel of the sun on my skin.  I'll change to pants when it gets into the low to mid 60s.

We only get 5 maybe 6 months of golf and only 3 were its nice enough to wear shorts so I prefer to wear them. Will wear pants if required.

Always shorts when the weather warms up. Still wearing pants about half the season in our climate.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Shorts if it is warm enough (anything above 70* F for me).  I wear "technical" fabrics with both pants and shorts and shorts are cooler once it gets too warm.  Even have a few pairs of seersucker shorts for those really hot and humid days.  For any sort of charity event or company outing I'll usually switch back to pants though since I'm now on "company time."

Pants just look nicer to me. I've always worn shorts in the summer before but that was because I never had any actual golf pants with all this ultra breathable material. I just bought some of those climalite adidas pants so I plan on trying them out in the summer to see how it goes.

I have 3 pairs of golf pants that I have in my rotation...

1x Black and 1x Gray pair of Oakley Take 2 pants.

BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwdV1ghOaQdpC2kIaQNzFAI.jpg

Then for the colder weather, 1x Black pair of Under Armour cold gear pants - that are water resistant and wind proof - but look like standard golf pants.  Great for colder weather.  I looked for a photo of these on the Under Armour site, but it looks like they are no longer selling them?  But they are awesome and highly recommended if you can find them.

I usually wear golf pants as long as it is in the low 70's or colder.  Once it gets into the mid 70's and higher... I go with shorts.  For golf shorts I have Dunning, Nike, Tommy Bahama, Banana Republic and others that I rotate through.  I really like the Oakley Take 2 golf pants, and will probably pick up some of their shorts for this Summer's golf attire?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shorts were a must for me a couple years back; I was living in Guam.  However, I'm now back in MD and pants are a required part of my early and late season wardrobe.  I normally shop for sales on my golf attire.  I recommend Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Kohls and Target.  I've also scored quite a few deals at a couple of the outlet malls in the area; Champion makes fairly decent, and affordable, golf wear.

I have 3 pairs of golf pants that I have in my rotation... 1x Black and 1x Gray pair of Oakley Take 2 pants. [URL=http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/a/a6/a6054fa2_BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwdV1ghOaQdpC2kIaQNzFAI.jpeg][IMG]http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/a/a6/368x527px-LL-a6054fa2_BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwdV1ghOaQdpC2kIaQNzFAI.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

If you have to wear Oakleys pants minus shirts, I'm out. That's probably not within the dress code.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

If you have to wear Oakleys pants minus shirts, I'm out. That's probably not within the dress code.

Hahhaha... I found it interesting that their model isn't wearing a shirt?  I guess they want you to see the way the pant fits against your waist??  No idea, but they are pretty good golf pants.

Note: This thread is 4453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!