IGNORED

Golf Bag: where do you store it, is the car trunk or garage OK?

arduous1
Note: This thread is 4748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have been keeping bag in the trunk since august in Houston, its about to get very hot. Where do you guys keep your sticks, is extreme heat ie 100+ F okay? Curious, ard1

All Pings except for Cleveland wedges

Well I have a pretty big walkin closet and I just store them in there. I dont keep them in the garage because Im scared my mom or dad will run them over haha. And not in my car becuase it does get super hot in there.

I keep my clubs/bag in my house when I’m not using them.

I’ve heard that it’s a bad idea to store one’s clubs in the trunk of one’s car because it tends to compromise the efficacy of the epoxy, and I’ve heard that storing clubs in the trunk won’t do anything to loosen the bond. I’m ambivalent.

The main reason I don’t keep my clubs in the trunk is because there is that off-chance my car might be stolen… along with my clubs. I don’t have a custom fitted car and it’s both insured and replaceable.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I keep them in my office, this way I don't have to worry about the wife or kids knocking them over or piling stuff on top of them.  Plus I've heard mixed things about what extreme heat and cold does to the clubs so I figure why risk it.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bring mine into my house if Im not going to the course that day.  Leaving your bag in your trunk isnt good for your clubs or your golfballs and leaving it in your garage isnt a good idea because mice might chew a hole in it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I always bring mine into the house when I'm not using them. I have a hatchback and the clubs pretty much take up all trunk space. Plus I worry about someone seeing them and wanting to break in or something.

I bring mine into my room. My garage is sometimes left open and I don't want people to see them and steal them

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Well, since i got some better sticks, i guess i'll be storing them inside when possible.  I always thought the trunk probably wasn't the best idea.  jostling around and the extreme heat.  having said that, i park under covered parking the vast majority of days.  so its not sitting there under the brutal heat.  I wanted to keep em handy so that if i wanted to goto the range or got an early day out, could do it without having to make a special trip home etc.

thanks for the input,

ard1

ps Fgiord, i sent u a pm

All Pings except for Cleveland wedges

Another aspect is gas milage for your car.  Any kind of unneeded weight is going to make your car's engine have to work harder and reduce fuel milage.  It might only be a 2% difference, but with near $4 a gallon gas anything you can do to improve your milage isnt a bad thing.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Another aspect is gas milage for your car.  Any kind of unneeded weight is going to make your car's engine have to work harder and reduce fuel milage.  It might only be a 2% difference, but with near $4 a gallon gas anything you can do to improve your milage isnt a bad thing.

Why is your "gas" so cheap?

Our petrol is $10.64 per gallon

How do you like them apples?

I have tried to save weight by removing the engine and gearbox, which has improved the weight but now it doesn't drive

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

In the Winter the weather is pretty pleasant here so I leave them in my garage.  In Summer I bring them in the house or leave them in my locker at the club.  I have also heard it isn't a good idea to leave clubs or balls in the car trunk in very hot weather so I don't.  Too expensive to take the chance.  But I have friends that do keep their equipment in the car trunk and I don't know of any failures caused by that practice.

Butch

Varies, when its not to hot out, like spring time i keep them in the car.. Not my shoes, those stay in the house, car trunks kill leather. In the summer will bring them inside.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I keep mine at the club. When we play another course it will stay in the trunk.

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

gas in America is pretty cheap compared to the rest of the world. and we still complain. lol

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

In the trunk, nowhere else in the apartment to keep them that wouldn't be a nightmare to get them out of.  Never had any problems with heat doing bad things to them.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 4748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!