IGNORED

Golf Bag: where do you store it, is the car trunk or garage OK?

arduous1
Note: This thread is 4755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Uber$winG

I keep my clubs/bag in my house when I’m not using them.

I’ve heard that it’s a bad idea to store one’s clubs in the trunk of one’s car because it tends to compromise the efficacy of the epoxy, and I’ve heard that storing clubs in the trunk won’t do anything to loosen the bond. I’m ambivalent.

The main reason I don’t keep my clubs in the trunk is because there is that off-chance my car might be stolen… along with my clubs. I don’t have a custom fitted car and it’s both insured and replaceable.

Same for me!  And just last summer my brother, who never leaves his clubs in the car either, did just this once, and had them stolen.  His home owners insurance paid for the clubs, less his deductible, but the hassle is not worth it.

I'd take them to bed with me every night, but afraid my wife would roll over on them and hurt them!!!!

• Upvote 1

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I keep my clubs in only the purified waters of Lake Winapatunku

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

This topic comes up about once a year.  If you want to leave your clubs in your car it will do them no harm.  My clubs are in the car through the year and I have never had a problem.  Grips don't dry out, epoxy doesn't break apart.  Furthermore, my 3-wood is about 15 years old and I have never had a problem with it.  It has been kept in the car more than it hasn't, with no ill effects whatsoever.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Another aspect is gas milage for your car.  Any kind of unneeded weight is going to make your car's engine have to work harder and reduce fuel milage.  It might only be a 2% difference, but with near $4 a gallon gas anything you can do to improve your milage isnt a bad thing.

Ok this is the silliest reason yet.  I can assure you that the difference in mileage with and without your bag in the car is unmeasurable.  We are talking  30-40 pounds in a vehicle which weighs a good 1.5 tons.  It would have a greater effect if you strapped them on top to disrupt the aerodynamics, and even that wouldn't be 2%.

Originally Posted by goblue107501

This topic comes up about once a year.  If you want to leave your clubs in your car it will do them no harm.  My clubs are in the car through the year and I have never had a problem.  Grips don't dry out, epoxy doesn't break apart.  Furthermore, my 3-wood is about 15 years old and I have never had a problem with it.  It has been kept in the car more than it hasn't, with no ill effects whatsoever.

This is what I've always done.  In 35 years my clubs have never suffered any damage from it - the grips don't go bad any faster and the epoxy is never harmed.  From 100+ in the summer to 20 below in the winter... no problems.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine are in the trunk. I've heard things about grips wearing down or epoxy coming loose and, really, it's worth the convenience. I've never had any problems.

And the gas mileage thing is BS. No insult intended, but it's just not true. The weight of a bag of golf clubs is near negligible compared to the weight of the rest of your car.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Car trunk is fine. Epoxy can handle tremendours heat, in fact, when mixing epoxy resin, it will get pretty damn hot. It will not stop curing for 10 years...it's tough stuff

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have two large metal lockers in my garage that I keep my golf clubs and spare equipment in. Keeps prying eyes from seeing my stuff when the door is rolled up.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

in europe you guys use efficient diesel engines for pretty much all vehicles. for some reason, american autobuilders don't make small diesel engines, so you guys get about double the mileage per gallon that we do, and it evens out. it would be great though if we did use diesels as you guys do, as it's cleaner and cheaper.

Originally Posted by trickymicky69

Why is your "gas" so cheap?

Our petrol is $10.64 per gallon

How do you like them apples?

I have tried to save weight by removing the engine and gearbox, which has improved the weight but now it doesn't drive

Ummm....Ok.  To answer your question: the reason why your, "petrol" is so much more expensive is because of all the taxes they add onto it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

in europe you guys use efficient diesel engines for pretty much all vehicles. for some reason, american autobuilders don't make small diesel engines, so you guys get about double the mileage per gallon that we do, and it evens out. it would be great though if we did use diesels as you guys do, as it's cleaner and cheaper.

Americans dont want diesel engines.  Various automakers have tried diesels and they were never strong sellers.  Diesel costs more than gas now and today's cleaner diesel fuels (low sulfur) dont get the milage than the older ones did.  Oh and diesels arent cheaper.  A diesel costs about twice as much as a gas engine.  Price out a diesel VW Jetta and then price out a gas version and you will see the diesel costs about $4,000 more.

I can do without a diesel.  I'll take a hybrid that burns no fuel when its sitting in traffic and doesnt have stinky exhaust.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

what course do you play at?

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

gas in America is pretty cheap compared to the rest of the world. and we still complain. lol

4 bucks is far from cheap.......... or forever it has been.

Keep them in the bedroom. Its just me and the dog here. Men rule!

Originally Posted by XMScott

of course it is far from cheap. but I am comparing to the rest of the world, which is very expensive. I am in no way saying 4 dollars is cheap. I hate 4 dollars. the #4 shouldn't be allowed at the front of the gas price ever. but it is and we have to deal with it. my work is weekend related, so no traffic, and not to far. I do shoots in the OC/LA area. so depending on where they need me determines how much driving and gas I use.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I had my car broken in to, they stole three burnt CD's and a phone charger and didn't touch my clubs which are probably worth more than my car (at least to me).  I keep them in the garage now, because of the previous story and because I have had my sun screen leak due to the heat of my trunk.

Originally Posted by oberscrc

I had my car broken in to, they stole three burnt CD's and a phone charger and didn't touch my clubs which are probably worth more than my car (at least to me).  I keep them in the garage now, because of the previous story and because I have had my sun screen leak due to the heat of my trunk.

burnt cd's and left the golf clubs? haha. some dumb robbers you got there. lucky for you I guess that they didn't take the clubs.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

During the winter they stay in my bedroom. I do a lot of putting and chipping during the winter so it's nice having them right there. In the summer I tend to keep them in my trunk because I need them everyday and sometimes I don't have time to get home to grab them. This year we are supposed to be having club storage at our country club which I definitely plan on taking advantage of if it is true.

another vote for the trunk of the car.  whenever i want to hit the range on the way home from work, or cut out early to play a round, i'm always ready.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by XMScott

Keep them in the bedroom. Its just me and the dog here. Men rule!

We are paying around 5.08 per gallon (converted from litres) here in Toronto and in Vancouver they are paying around 5.44 per litre.  Brutal...

I vote for the clubs in my room.  I park my car outisde and am afraid that they will get stolen 1. and 2. I like them in my room because every couple of hours, I yank out my putter and putt on my carpet or yank out an iron and do slow motion swings in front of the mirror.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!