IGNORED

Share Your Workout Program!

ncates00
Note: This thread is 4393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't edit, but one thing I forgot to say is that there are bodybuilding routines and then there are powerlifting routines.  Many times that is where confusion is when comparing routines.  My routine is more of a powerlifting style with very little bodybuilding technique.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by TN94z

I can't edit, but one thing I forgot to say is that there are bodybuilding routines and then there are powerlifting routines.  Many times that is where confusion is when comparing routines.  My routine is more of a powerlifting style with very little bodybuilding technique.

And then there is Marisa Tomei's Core and Curves.  The GF tried this and I noticed it would be great as a light routine for golf core strength and balance.  It is mostly for chicks, but as a taller man, the balance exercises are tougher than for women.  I won't do the skipping parts though.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, here is my routine.  Exercise change pretty much every week.

Monday

Chest

4-5 execises

Biceps

1-2 exercises

1 hour recumbent bike

Tuesday

Back

4-5 exercises

Triceps

1-2 exercises

2 hours - Basketball

Wednesday

Legs

5-6 exercises - 1 super setted with lunges

Abs

1 hour softball

Thursday

Shoulders

4-5 exercises

Chest

1 exercise (4 sets low weight till failure)

1 hour recumbent bike

Friday

Triceps

4 exercises

Biceps

4 exercises

Saturday

Back

2 exercises

Abs

1 hour recumbent bike

Originally Posted by Quinn07

My workout consists of P90x.  I have been following that program and using the eating plan from Mens Health Belly Off and I have been able to shed 16 pounds in 8 weeks.  I have played once and have noticed a significant change in my fitness on the golf course.

I am starting day 1 again today. Did 63 days 2 yrs ago and lost 14 lbs. I have since gained it back. P90x, my old nemesis..we meet again! I can only imagine what yogax and stretchx will do for my game.

Congrats on all the success, you smell terrific!

• 1 month later...

I don't really have a set routine, my mood usually dictates what I work that night, and whether I do it in my gym or go outside.

In the gym, I'll focus on compound movements with little to no isolation lifts.  The exceptions to the no isolation exercises are seated calf raises, and chest flys.  My calves are really lacking, and I do the flys for no other reason than I just like doing flys.  :)

My basement gym is equipped with about everything I could ever want or need.  I've built most of my equipment, and keep adding to the list of things to build.

I keep most all of my "outdoor gym equipment" in a shed and in a corner of my shop.  Various size tires (anything from a 14" car tire, a 33/10.50-15 off my truck, a few different sized skidsteer tires, semi truck tires, a grader and a loader tire), sledgehammers, sandbags, battle ropes (made from 1-3/4" fire hose), pull up bar, farmers bars, sleds, kegs, etc.  Plus a squat rack that I can quickly assemble and disassemble to keep out of the way, plus about 600# of weights (have about 1250# worth in the basement gym).  I'm drawing up plans right now to build a yoke hopefully next weekend.

Being able to mix things up helps to keep our workouts from getting stale and boring.

Setting up a routine is definitely beneficial though. And that routine should also change periodically.

At the least you do regular exercise, that's definitely the most important.

Lol, I have 3 actually!  2 in the basement, and 1 in the shop.

I say I don't have a set routine, but in reality I work everything during the week.  But I don't necessarily do the same exercises .  With only a couple exceptions, I train the movement, not the muscle.

Note: This thread is 4393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!