IGNORED

AimPoint Green Reading

I am very interested in taking up Aim Point but I do not have an instructor close enough for me to logically start this method.  Is there somewhere online that this is taught?

Driver:     Cleveland Launcher DST 9.0 Degree, UST Proforce V2 67 X-Stiff
Wood:     Cleveland Launcher (2009) 15 Degrees, Stock shaft Stiff
Hybrid:    Adams Idea A2 20 Degree, stock shaft stiff
Irons:       Cleveland CG Red , 3-PW, DSG300 Stiff
Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM4 54 and 60 degrees
Putter:     Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 34.5 inches
Balls:      Titleist Pro V1X, Srixon Z-Star XV

Originally Posted by jaredshows1

Is there somewhere online that this is taught?

No. You can really only learn it in person anyway (I would think).

However, once you learn it, its nice to have online forums for it (like this) where we can ask questions and have discussions with other aimpointers about it.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah after I posted it I realized it probably wouldn't be possible. Oh well this isn't the first stupid question I have asked and it certainly won't be the last.

Driver:     Cleveland Launcher DST 9.0 Degree, UST Proforce V2 67 X-Stiff
Wood:     Cleveland Launcher (2009) 15 Degrees, Stock shaft Stiff
Hybrid:    Adams Idea A2 20 Degree, stock shaft stiff
Irons:       Cleveland CG Red , 3-PW, DSG300 Stiff
Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM4 54 and 60 degrees
Putter:     Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 34.5 inches
Balls:      Titleist Pro V1X, Srixon Z-Star XV

I mean, I bet there is a very, very small handful of people out there who could learn it just through videos and articles -- if there was an instructor out there willing to spend all the time it would take to write out the system.

But since so much of it involves feel with your feet -- and the info takes a few hours to learn all the information -- I just think it would be impossible to teach it thru the internet. (once you learn the information though after that 2, 3 hours or whatever, it is very clear and you can more or less move on as a self-sufficient aimpointer)

Frankly, I feel the same way about Stack and Tilt -- that you can't self-teach it thru the internet -- but that doesn't stop the vast majority of people online trying to do that too.

Constantine

Here is a little teaser video I made tonight... Showing off what I learned this weekend at the Aimpoint clinic I attended...

5' Putt - on a 4% slope - running at 9 on the stimp.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Here is a little teaser video I made tonight... Showing off what I learned this weekend at the Aimpoint clinic I attended...

5' Putt - on a 4% slope - running at 9 on the stimp.

Well done sir!  I had my first practice session today at lunch.  I had no trouble finding the stimp of the practice green, and also no trouble finding straight ... so long as it was over 2%.  The flat stuff, forget about it!  That is going to take me a lot of time to figure out I think.  But then I spent the last 10 or 15 minutes just lagging 15 footers.

I think I will heading over to Joann's soon as well.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Well done sir!  I had my first practice session today at lunch.  I had no trouble finding the stimp of the practice green, and also no trouble finding straight ... so long as it was over 2%.  The flat stuff, forget about it!  That is going to take me a lot of time to figure out I think.  But then I spent the last 10 or 15 minutes just lagging 15 footers.

I think I will heading over to Joann's soon as well.

Flat putts are always going to be tough.  Especially on the muni's that we play where they are bumpy.

I'm going to pick up some needles and string too!

Nice video.  That demonstrates AimPoint very well.  If you asked 10 people to read that putt with there eyes, most would be way off.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

The nice thing about flat (1%) slopes is that you can be off by 30° or more and it won't affect your read very much at all because, after all, the green is pretty flat. :)

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Nice video.  That demonstrates AimPoint very well.  If you asked 10 people to read that putt with there eyes, most would be way off.

No doubt!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

The nice thing about flat (1%) slopes is that you can be off by 30° or more and it won't affect your read very much at all because, after all, the green is pretty flat. :)

Yes, good point.  But I have to really practice to avoid confusing the <1% slope putt that breaks THIS way from the <1% slope that breaks THAT way.  Otherwise, I am going to have to practice that Tiger Woods exasperated hand wave move that Dave showed us at the beginning of class.

"Wait, it breaks that way??"

Yes, good point.  But I have to really practice to avoid confusing the <1% slope putt that breaks THIS way from the <1% slope that breaks THAT way.  Otherwise, I am going to have to practice that Tiger Woods exasperated hand wave move that Dave showed us at the beginning of class.

Dave still extremely bald?

• Upvote 2

That actually made me laugh! LOL  I remember that, clearly!!!

• Administrator

Yes, good point.  But I have to really practice to avoid confusing the

I showed you that. Wait, you know Dave is the BALD guy right?

Anyway, for those, just find the directions where you definitely feel one foot's higher than the other, and take the middle of those two positions (left higher, right higher) as straight.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I showed you that. Wait, you know Dave is the BALD guy right?

Anyway, for those, just find the directions where you definitely feel one foot's higher than the other, and take the middle of those two positions (left higher, right higher) as straight.

LOL, most definitely.  I had seen enough of you and Dave on here that I recognized you all before introductions were made.  I just forgot that it was you that demonstrated that move.  My bad.

I won't ever forget, however, your superb Charles Barkley swing imitation form Sunday.  That was quite accurate and impressive!

• Administrator

I won't ever forget, however, your superb Charles Barkley swing imitation form Sunday.  That was quite accurate and impressive!

Hmmm. Charles is bald too. ;)

Quote:

I forgot about that!  Dennis showed us at the beginning of the lesson how our feet can feel the slope when we are perpendicular to it.  The almost flat putts are troubling for me, but I have been trying to find uphill by facing it.  Thanks for the reminder.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It has been 4 weeks after taking the AP Basic Class and played close to 10 rounds of golf.

Besides the AP Green Reading , i also work on my speed control and direction ( i found the stance that suite my stoke ,but opening my left stance which helps my putter release ) .

I can see that my putting is improving and can see that some long putts like 20 to 40 ft are getting near to the hole.

Yesteray , i got 3 bridies on a course which i play for the 1st time and 2 of them are back to back.

Those putts are from 8ft to 20 ft  and with > 24" of break.

I would hihgly recommend this to people who are strugging with putting.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight