IGNORED

Who else sneaks on the golf courses?

sc0braj
Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sc0braj

and before anybody else continues to talk nonsense bullshit about how i'm an idiot, remember, i am.  i'm a dick head.

now, continue...

Fixed.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sc0braj

and before anybody else continues to talk nonsense bullshit about how i'm an idiot, remember, i'm in san jose, california. i'm DOWN to play a straight up match play for money if necessary. i'm pretty much a scratch golfer, but i'll give strokes, i'm not an unfair dick head.

now, continue...

One can be a terrific golfer and still be an idiot.  For proof, get a mirror.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by BostonSully

I thought this was going to be a cool thread

When I was younger and working at a golf course. We used to sneak onto the other course right down the street from us and hang out on the 13-14th green and tee boxes after dark and drink and party out there. Sometimes write something taunting with the rake in the sandtrap and sign it with our courses initials.

Stealing aint cool though bro, a cop might show up not a ranger. Plus good luck if you cut someone off and didnt pay . Im only 23 but you sound immature even to me....

I stopped sneaking on when I was 15 before that we used to do it all the time sneak on play 9 holes and after it was dark wade the creak for ball and sell them the next day. $2 a dozen

My brother and I used to sneak onto a nearby private golf course on a regular basis when we were teenagers. The membership was a bunch of bluebloods who played very little golf and it was always empty. One of the top course in the Philly area too. As long as we stayed on the holes far from the clubhouse, nobody ever saw us. We were very respectful to the course, replacing divots and fixing ball marks, as we were taught by our Dad. I stopped sneaking on when I was 14 or so because I started caddying there and we could play every Monday anyway.

I haven't done it since and I would never consider doing it it as an adult, as it is trespassing.

Bill M

Originally Posted by phan52

My brother and I used to sneak onto a nearby private golf course on a regular basis when we were teenagers. The membership was a bunch of bluebloods who played very little golf and it was always empty. One of the top course in the Philly area too. As long as we stayed on the holes far from the clubhouse, nobody ever saw us. We were very respectful to the course, replacing divots and fixing ball marks, as we were taught by our Dad. I stopped sneaking on when I was 14 or so because I started caddying there and we could play every Monday anyway.

I haven't done it since and I would never consider doing it it as an adult, as it is trespassing.

Your dad didn't teach you it was trespassing? Just playing devil's advocate.... :P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Your dad didn't teach you it was trespassing? Just playing devil's advocate.... :P

He didn't care because he knew nobody would catch us. He would even make a point to tell us to be respectful of the course when we went over there. He would never have been allowed to join that club back in the day anyway, even if he had the money. Irish Catholics need not apply.

The interesting thing is that the current Club President there is an Irish Catholic woman. Those bluebloods are spinning in their graves.

Bill M

Originally Posted by Clambake

It isn't wrong if you don't get caught?      Interesting parenting concept.....

It's still wrong - it just doesn't matter.  Just like stealing something is technically wrong but totally ok if the person you stole it from won't notice.

Originally Posted by Clambake

It isn't wrong if you don't get caught?      Interesting parenting concept.....

We all knew it was wrong. Different time, different place. I think my Dad didn't mind that we were getting one over on the local ruling class.

Bill M

It's still wrong - it just doesn't matter.  Just like stealing something is technically wrong but totally ok if the person you stole it from won't notice.

Please tell me that was intended as sarcasm and not meant in a literal sense.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Please tell me that was intended as sarcasm and not meant in a literal sense.....

In some cases that is true, like if its a penny that someone dropped, but not in others. Not sure what kind of situation he meant by this though.

My bag:

Driver: G10 10.5* w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

3 Wood: G10 w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

18* and 21* hybrids: G10 with Pro Launch Red Stiff 

4-PW: Ping Eye 2 Irons w/ Reg GS 95 

56* and 60*: Tour-S Rustique Wedges w/ Stiff KBS Tour 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 

I would rather see kids sneaking on golf courses playing golf rather than a lot of other things kids do, before the first tee this may have been the only way kids were able to get on golf courses.

eh...who cares...

teenagers sneaking on a golf course vs sneaking alcohol...guess which one is more prevalent?  i dont really have a problem at all with it.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

What is this "sarcasm" that you speak of . . . .?

You don't really mean it when you say "it's ok to steal if the person you stole from doesn't notice", right?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by colin007

How about stealing from someone who stole from you?

2 wrongs do not make a right...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

2 wrongs do not make a right...

I would feel fine with this if you had hard proof that they stole from you, and you took it back with their knowledge. Just take the evidence to them, and attempt to reclaim your property. If that doesn't work, then contact the authorities.

My bag:

Driver: G10 10.5* w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

3 Wood: G10 w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

18* and 21* hybrids: G10 with Pro Launch Red Stiff 

4-PW: Ping Eye 2 Irons w/ Reg GS 95 

56* and 60*: Tour-S Rustique Wedges w/ Stiff KBS Tour 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 

Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!