IGNORED

Who has the most best, beautiful, and ugliest swing on the Tour?

ipark1303
Note: This thread is 6294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Curious to hear your opinion....

In my honest opinion,

Best Swing: Tiger Woods

Beautiful Swing: Fred Couples

Ugliest Swing: Jim Furyk

Sorry for the mistype on the title of the thread... obviously, what I meant was : "who has the best, most beautiful, and ugliest swing on Tour".... beg your pardon~!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Agree on Tiger and Boom Boom.
Ugliest IMO goes to Justin Leonard.

L4Vx Diamana Red
Burner 15° R
#5 3DX DC
Raptures 4-U Wedge z-z65 Shafts
SM Oil Can Vokey 56° Black Series i #1 b330

It will probably be a consensus that Tiger has the 'best' swing, because of performance and his ability to adapt to conditions such as wind, terrain and 'B' games days.

I have noticed a prototype beautiful swing that shows on many players; Couples, Toms, Maggert, DL III, Gore, Scott, Howell III and Donald, to name a few. I wonder if they all have the same coach?

Can we go to the Seniors (Jim Thorpe) for 'ugly', or is that off limits?

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

Adam Scott and Tiger have basically the same best swing

Geoff Ogilvy has the most beautiful swing

I'm trying to think of someone other than Furyk for ugly . . .

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Ugliest - Allen Doyle

Agree, Doyle's swing is very strange. I think you could throw in Jim Thorpe, Bubba Watson, Charles Barkley?

For swings I enjoy watching, obviously Tiger is tops, but I really like watching Geoff Ogilvy too. Such effortless power.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

Best: Adam Scott
Beutiful: Chris Dimarco
Ugly: Jim Furyk

In the bag:
Driver: Hawk Eye
3 and 5 wood: pro response
other 3 wood 1200
Irons:3-5: 1200Irons: 6-SW pro responsePutter: pro responseBalls: SFT2Bag: Glove: FJ SofJoyHome Course: Islands End

Best - Tiger
Beautiful - Luke Donald (the way he hits long irons)
Ugliest - Between Furyk and Paul Casey

I hate the stupid finish Casey has to lean forward at the finish. I no why he has to do it but it looks stupid but like Furyk it works, so i dont mind if i would have that swing
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

Beautiful ....... Ernie (E-Z) Els, and Freddie of course.
Ugly ....... Thorpie, but I love watching it for some reason. He's such a tough competitor, I guess. Gives hope to millions. Gary Player was "ugly" as well, but look where it got him...... NOT Furyk - it doesn't matter how you go up, it's how you come down that counts! (and he looks very, very cool coming down, doesn't he?)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Interesting to see your everyday golfers oppinion on tour swings. Im a fan of effective golf swings and though unconventional i find alot of swings are fun to watch.

Best technically, Adam Scott, Trevor Immelman, Ernie Els, Charles Howell, Tigers old swing, Geoff Olgilvy, Mike Weir.

best to watch/beautiful, Sergio Garcia, Fred Couples, John Daly, Camillo Villegas.

ugliest, Jerry Kelly.. way too laid off at the top, Chad Campbell. It just looks awful when he jams the club in the ground. Other then those two, i enjoy watching all swings awkward or not.. even Jim Furyks and Dana Quigleys.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

best- Tiger
beautiful- Geoff Ogilvy
ugliest- Sergio Garcia
David Ditto
In The Bag
Driver- Bridgestone Precept EC Fuel 420cc Driver
Woods- TaylorMade Vsteel Fairway Woods
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

Ugliest swing has got to be: Jeev Milka Singh!

If you've heard of him!
In My Bag:
Driver: 905t, 9.5*, Grafalloy Blue Stiff
3-Wood: 906f2, 15*, NV-S
Hybrid: 585h, 19*, NV-S
Irons: 735.CM, DG S300Wedges: CG10 52*, 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: One PlatinumHome Course: Stoke Park Club

I think the best (meaning most effective) has got to be Tiger. However in terms of best (meaning techincally superior), That has to go to Segio Garcia, his swing is flawless.

Most beautiful, I agree is Fred Couples, but it is not a good fundamental swing at all.

and ugly has to go to Chris Dimarco, becuase of his akward take away and forced follow through. Jim Furyk's swing is not ugly and you would be suprised how many amatuers think they are doing the same move as Furyk, but are actually doing the exact opposite at the top of the swing.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, guys!

Due to the great response and interest that users have shown on this topic (some of the suggested names were absolutely true and hilarious!), let's expand the survey to celebrities, too.

My picks for celebrities are:

Best swing: John Elway (not bad for a football player...)

Beautiful swing: Pete Sampras (I once saw him hitting an iron on TV and he was amazing... fluid just like his Tennis serve!)

Ugliest swing: Charles Barkeley (he swings against the rules of Physics and the entire Science!) sorry Charles.... but you gotta improve that swing!

In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Best: Adam Scott / Tiger Woods
Beautiful: Ernie Els (they don't call him the Big Easy for nuthin...)
Ugliest: Charles Barkeley, hands down. Eugh...

In the bag
Driver: MP001 10* Aldila NV
Hybrid: Tour Edge JMax Bazooka 27*
Irons: x12
Putter: Tour Edge BackdraftBall: MoJo

Note: This thread is 6294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!