IGNORED

Is any one else digging the new cartoony background?

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Or did they slip something into my coffee?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The header I like.

The full length "whole page" banner not so much as I'm known to left-click on backgrounds to un-highlight whatever I've highlighted while reading.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

The header I like.

The full length "whole page" banner not so much as I'm known to left-click on backgrounds to un-highlight whatever I've highlighted while reading.

I think I know what you mean (probably wrong) but I have my pop-ups blocked.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I think I know what you mean (probably wrong) but I have my pop-ups blocked.

I turned off AdBlock for TheSandTrap so for me everything to the left and right of the central column is a clickable "banner" all the way down the page to the copyright notice.
I have a habit of left-click dragging (highlighting) text as I read it and normally to un-highlight I left-click on a background somewhere which is often the side of the page.

Still, the new layout should generate a fair bit more in click revenue for the site.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I guess that I liked the old one better. Ah well, doesn't make much difference. How about a rotating background? Keep things fresh? :-)

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

The header is neat. The full-page neon green background and ad isn't. I disabled Adblock for TST as well, so I know that's not messing with any of my settings.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Green-Greener-Greeniest ...... I liked the Brown !

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

can't stand the fact that the if you accidentally click in the green portion of the page that the ad pops up...make a hotspot for the ad, not the full length of the page. other than that i like the colors...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I'll say this much for them - they are bright and "summer-y". Or 1960's acid trippy, take your pick. Having a few different ones in rotation would be cool. So would a user-configurable background or even overall theme.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

The header I like.

Yeah agreed, I do the same thing and its already driving me nuts haha.

Looks good to me!

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I kind of like the graphic at the top of the site, but don't care for the neon green down the sides.   I end up shrinking the width of my browser window to cut it all out - it's pretty distracting otherwise.

• Administrator

Guys, sorry, this launched yesterday when I was in Columbus at The Memorial... here's the scoop:

This is what's called a "site skin" and the company who is sponsoring it - shotly.com - has a thread right here with some details on what they're doing for the members of this site (and in general) are paying for it.

Yes, the background is a "clickable" area. I do similar things as others have mentioned - clicking on "dead" areas to de-select text, etc. I never do that on the background, so I've not had any weird things happen. :-) I tend to click in the white area or double-click words or things (weird habits we all have eh?).

You can shrink the size of your browser window, sure... but I also think you should all click it at least once and really check out shotly.com. It offers nationwide savings as well as some localized savings for certain regions and cities. I'm looking forward to checking it out...

This site skin will run for a week or two every month for a few months. It's not a "new theme" or anything, and the rest of the time the site will look normal.

P.S. I kind of like the color green, but that's no surprise... given that our Golf Evolution logo is bright green and we're known to wear bright green shirts as standard... ;-) as anyone who has seen our YouTube videos can attest:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Are those links on the side of the page going to be there for a long time? I can't stand them!! I accidentally clicked on them all the time.

I already answered that. A week or two at a time every month for a few months. Don't click the bright green... and you won't be taken to shotly.com.

However, I do encourage you to sign up for Shotly.com. Saving money on some new or really recent golf equipment is a good thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wonder if the Shotly logo is intentionally reminiscent of the ol' twig and berries?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

I wonder if the Shotly logo is intentionally reminiscent of the ol' twig and berries?

Probably not any more than these ones:

druh-belt-buckles.jpg

IPD-SLEB-black-2.jpg

At least not any more than than this is reminiscent of cleavage . . .

mizuno-m-32.jpg

Or that this looks like . . .  you know?!?

lrg_Taylor_Made.gif

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!