IGNORED

2011 U.S. Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not to beat a dead horse, but we've seen McIlroy get off to a start like this twice in the last three majors. He has to prove he can hold himself together for the next three days.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

behind michael campbell? he must be trying to lose.

Surprisingly, Cambo didn't play that bad

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Ty Tryon, the child prodigy is dead last.

What a weird story he is

lol, he didnt make a par on the back until the last (pretty much the most difficult on the course)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

robert rock and ryan moore should start their own emo band.

Emo? Do you know what emo is? Cos these 2 certainly don't look like one.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Surprisingly, Cambo didn't play that bad

He'll shoot even par tomorrow and make the cut cause I have $$ on that happening!

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

wow... put a fork in phil

I was there today and I wouldn't say he's out of it by any means but it wasn't pretty. I will say if most other pro's hit it like he did today they would have shot 77 or higher. TV did him no justice with some of the up and downs he made. Phil will need a decent round tomorrow to stay close to the leader but I'm guessing a lot of the top guys will come back to the field over the weekend. If anyone is wondering after a few holes I made sure to not stand down the left side when mickelson was teeing off.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I was there today and I wouldn't say he's out of it by any means but it wasn't pretty. I will say if most other pro's hit it like he did today they would have shot 77 or higher. TV did him no justice with some of the up and downs he made. Phil will need a decent round tomorrow to stay close to the leader but I'm guessing a lot of the top guys will come back to the field over the weekend. If anyone is wondering after a few holes I made sure to not stand down the left side when mickelson was teeing off.

His 74 today could easily have been an 84. Not sure if that bodes well or poorly for the last three days...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah... that's what really bugs me about phil and the reason i never really root for him. he hits these miraculous shots to get up and down, but he does the stupidest stuff to put himself there in the first place. it's like he's a masochist or something. i wouldn't be surprised if bones were on blood pressure meds the way phil plays. watching phil play is like watching a comedy of errors.

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Not to beat a dead horse, but we've seen McIlroy get off to a start like this twice in the last three majors. He has to prove he can hold himself together for the next three days.

I sincerely hope McIlroy remembers his Haiti trip throughout the tournament as it seems to have made him realise that his game of golf is not a life or death situation and he needs to relax with it.

• Upvote 1

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I was there on Thursday, what a great experience.  One comment on 18- good drive and it's a playable hole.  Miss the fairway and it's next to impossible to hit the green on your next shot.  I saw a ton of layups.  And the flag was in the easiest location on Thursday.  If they move it up and god forbid, tuck it back left, it's going to be a fun weekend.

CARBITE Putter

Originally Posted by Noonan1

G-MAC! G-MAC! G-MAC!

this

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!