IGNORED

Just read very disturbing news... Nike re-signs Michael Vick

Alohaed
Note: This thread is 4618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Alohaed

that Nike signed that dog murdering, dog abusing Michael Vick to a new deal. Because of this I will get rid of all my Nike clothing, running shoes and sell my Sasquatch bag. I urge any one who loves animals, and/or at least respects animals to boycott Nike from now on.

Interesting.  What size clothes/shoes do you wear?  How much for the Sasquatch bag?  Go Vick!!

I was a HUGE Vick fan when he came out of college.  I could tell by the way he played his game, it was going to change how football was played.   Personally speaking, I think he's been a big influence in football.  NOW, having said that.  I HATE THE GUY NOW!  I've always been a dog person, love 'em, family members they are.

But as said above, he's done his time, etc, etc, etc.

If you decide to boycott NIKE, do so because they have huge sweatshops in China paying people a dollar a day, to work there, then turn around and make billions off of their cheap labor.

I didn't burn my Vick NIKE hi-tops. . .They're good shoes!

The guy did his time and paid the price, a huge price at that. Everyone deserves a second chance IMO. I'm sure the OP has never made a mistake though and doesn't need second chances for anything.

He's never used a mulligan.

Quote:

... He murdered and abused dogs. Period. Completely different than cheating on your wife. You having pets should have common sense. You should not even have pets with your thinking then. This is not a Vick hating thread. This is a monster hating thread and he has no place in society.

Michael Vick was indicted for animal abuse, and served his time. Now, he gets to rejoin society. This follows the idea of justice and restitution. Releasing people from prison and thenn keeping them on the edges of society causes major social problems. What ever happened to forgiveness? I support Nike for helping Vick reintegrate into society.

Vick abused animals - not pets - using them for an illegal and degrading commercial activity. Let's keep the facts straight.

As for you, Alohaed, you say this is not a Vick hating thread , but then you brand him a monster.  You appear to be one of those self-proclaimed animal lovers who has trouble connecting with your fellow humans. I suggest you get some psychological help so that you can have more than just animals for friends.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Excuse me moron???.. Abusing animals in general, not pets, is ok and different?. And I need help, not connecting with my fellow humans?. Considering what I am reading by all you liberal idiots, I do not want to connect with humans. This is why society is so messed up. What he did, there is not enough time to be served. And I am a very forgiving person. Yet when you abuse defensless animals, and children, there is no forgivness. Everyone is making excuses for this criminal. Like I said, he has no place in society. And from now on, I WILL think less of anyone wearing Nike apparel.  I am not the one who needs help.

Excuse me moron???.. Abusing animals in general, not pets, is ok and different?. And I need help, not connecting with my fellow humans?. Considering what I am reading by all you liberal idiots, I do not want to connect with humans. This is why society is so messed up. What he did, there is not enough time to be served. And I am a very forgiving person. Yet when you abuse defensless animals, and children, there is no forgivness. Everyone is making excuses for this criminal. Like I said, he has no place in society. And from now on, I WILL think less of anyone wearing Nike apparel.  I am not the one who needs help.

Like others have noted, Vick paid his price (according to the law). I don't think he needs to spend the rest of his life apologizing. By the "no forgiveness" statement, it sounds like you're putting animals on equal footing with humans, which is something I think a "liberal" person is more likely to do. What he did was obviously horrible, but I'm over it. I find it much more egregious that Vick got two years for killing dogs, while Donte Stallworth got a month for driving drunk and killing someone.

Alohaed, i hate to burst your bubble but, based on the reasoning those of us have mentioned as to why we feel as though vick has done his time and his punishment for his crimes...the majority seems to believe the exact opposite of your 'ban all nike' views. I do believe that you may not need help but in fact a little realization that although he's not a perfect person, you're not either...he who casts the first stone. animals aren't to be treated as vick had done in the past, however, he's paid his price both on and off the football field and you can't take that away from him. you CAN however forgive him for what he's done...which most of us already have. Going to the extreme in your case of banning all nike products...is ridiculous and obsurd. If you did this with other products in your life that you used, i think your selection of most retail goods would be down to that found at walmart. Perhaps you need to see the bigger picture. just something to think about.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

This is COMPLETELY off topic, but Alohaed, may I inquire as to where you reside, generally?  I used to live in Kaneohe.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Quote:

Excuse me moron???.. Abusing animals in general, not pets, is ok and different?. ...

Take a look at what I said, hero...

Vick abused animals - not pets - using them for an illegal and degrading commercial activity. Let's keep the facts straight.

Vick was engaged in a criminal enterprise, not pet abuse. Try reading for meaning. Don't expect to win people over to your rant by ignoring the rules of logic.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I then assume you'll be boycotting the NFL, Philadelphia Eagles, CBS, ESPN, and FOX Television we well, as they are also co-conspirators in assisting this "dangerous monster" re-enter society and earn a living.

Joe Paradiso

Lol I figured you were the liberal idiot

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I like Vick, He did the crime and did the time, So now it is back to life as he knew it making millions off of endorsements and playing football.

I say Good for Vick and good for Nike.

The OP loses all credibility by singling out Nike, as Nike would have no interest in Vick if the NFL didn't let him back in, and the Eagles didn't make him their starting QB.  Nike is simply one of many businesses that is attempting to make money off of Vick.   Nike isn't giving Vick an endorsement contract because they like him or want to help him out, they are doing it because someone in their marketing department thinks they can sell a bunch of shoes, and clothing with his name and number on it.

Quote:

I would bet nothing the NIKE will be for sale that the OP has, Even if it were for sale I doubt he would sell to anyone that likes NIKE.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Long Ball Larry

Like others have noted, Vick paid his price (according to the law). I don't think he needs to spend the rest of his life apologizing. By the "no forgiveness" statement, it sounds like you're putting animals on equal footing with humans, which is something I think a "liberal" person is more likely to do. What he did was obviously horrible, but I'm over it. I find it much more egregious that Vick got two years for killing dogs, while Donte Stallworth got a month for driving drunk and killing someone.

Not to hijack the thread, but wasn't the Stallworth case the one where there was a video that showed the kid he killed literally jumped from the side of the road right in front of Stallworth's car?  You can argue that penalties for first time DUI offense should be worse, but from the reporting I heard on the case it was pretty obvious that he would have killed the kid even if he'd never had a drink in his life.  Doesn't really seem like justice to give the guy years in jail when the thing he did that was actually his fault is something others generally get a big fine, community service, and a license suspension for.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 4618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!