IGNORED

Share your most embarrassing golf course moments...........................

BuckeyeNut
Note:Β This thread is 3129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I have a good one from this past July 4th weekend........

Our 7th hole is a 550yd par 5:
I hit a bad tee shot and did well to leave myself with a 9-iron third shot from the left rough. I'm thinking....OK!!!...I'm back in play baby!!!!!!!!

The green is steeply uphill, but waaaay to the left of my green is a par-3 tee box down below playing in the opposite direction. The teeing area is a full 50+yds left from the 7th green, and what do I do???? I shank it...(I'm a lefty)....I just 'kissed' the hosel enough to shoot it high and dead left... WAAAY left!!!.....LOL...right at the tee box!!!!

The funny part:
A group of women golfers I know (I've played with them before/good golfers & easy on the eyes) were on the par3 green, and at least one of them was watching me closely!!!
.....because she screamed at the top of her lungs from on the par3 green towards the 3rd tee-box after my shank.............FOOOUUUUR!!! Shame on me... I never thought to yell.......that area is blind to me!...but she was watching me....LOL

I swallowed my manhood and walked to my ball with my 60deg wedge and putter in hand. Those guys on the 3rd tee must have thought I was a total hacker!!!!......LOL The ball bounced off the box (just missed them) and came to rest in a good rough lie for a high soft 60deg shot up the hill to the pin. After a little embarrassing smalltalk with the guys on the 3rd tee, I hit a blind shot beauty up the steep hill to about 10ft...and missed my par attempt.

I've played this course 600+ times, and this was a first for me............playing to my green from that tee box was pretty embarrassing with people standing on that box.Β  Just sayin'...............

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I ALMOST went deuce on myself one time.Β  For some reason a bad case of the bubble guts hit me on the 17th hole and I think I hit EVERY bump on the course on the way back to the clubhouse.Β  It was torture..I didn't think I'd even make it back there but luckily I made it to my car and home(only 2 miles away) with no accidents lol

Thank God I was playing solo that day or I would have still not heard the end of it.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Once when I was about 14 or so I hit a tee shot with negative yardage.Β  I popped the ball of the top of my driver, it hit a branch that hung over the tee box for shade, and landed about 6 yards behind me.Β  Best part, it was the 1st tee, so a couple dozen people saw me do that.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Β 

Β 

ya.. i hit one backwards one time... it was getting dark... hole 18... swung and extremely topped it... it hit into the ground about 10 feet in front of me and immediately came right back at me... ended up about 5 yards behind the tee box... AWESOME! all my college roomates were playing that day... ive never lived that one down

Tour Burner 9.0 Reax Stiff
X-Speed 3+ Aldila DVS Stiff
S57 Blades... Rifle 6.0 Flighted
CG12 Black Wedges 52, 56, 60
Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

My buddy in my regular foursome once popped up his tee shot perpendicular to his target line, and the ball crashedΒ into the solar panels of a nearby house. It was so loud that it stopped the group on the preceding hole's green dead inΒ its tracks. The rest of us would've been embarrassed for him if we hadn't keeled over laughing. This same friend has also hit consecutive tee shots backwardsΒ after we were waved up on a par 3. It was glorious.

Topped a hybrid, ball bounced a foot high and a foot forward then spun back and hit me in the shoe. Then on that same hole , I miss-hit a chip into a tree trunk, ball bounced back and hit me in the shoe again.Β  I don't remember the score on that hole but it obviously included 2 penalty strokes.

I probably could've got my foot out of the way in time on either shot, I was just too stunned to care.

Bill

A few years back, a group of women waived us up and waited on the forward tee (off to the left and down the fairway a bit) for us to hit after we finished the hole (all good players).Β  I knew one of them, and she yelled out, "Show us how it's done, Jim!"Β  Going for that always-impressive "extra" in show-off mode, my right foot slipped and cold topped the ball. It bounced along to the left and stopped on the tee right at their feet.Β  I was SO proud!

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5Β°, Insight 14.5Β°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54Β°, Odyssey Rossi II

Β 

Β 

i thought the group ahead was out of my zone and pounded a drive and it looked like it was going near them...yelled fore only to find out it not only hit their cart but was in their bin behind their golf clubs. how i came to find out? they noticed it when they went to the green to putt. i couldn't find my tee shot...thought they picked up my ball. they threw it back from the green laughing hysterically...said that they weren't mad anymore after they realized where it went. i apologized none the less...either way, well worth a laugh.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

CobraΒ Bio+ 9*Β Matrix White Tie XΒ Β -Β Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTASΒ 80XΒ - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100Β - Vokey SM4 55 /Β Vokey SM5 60*Β DG TIΒ S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by Long Ball LarryΒ  This same friend has also hit consecutive tee shots backwardsΒ after we were waved up on a par 3. It was glorious.

Wow, I've only seen the ball hit backwards once, back when I was in high school.Β  Hitting a driver on the first tee, the guy went right under it, popped it straight up and hit the ball right in the screws on his follow through, at least 100 yards directly backwards OB.Β  (In this case, the distance part of stroke and distance worked to his advantage!)

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5Β°, Insight 14.5Β°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54Β°, Odyssey Rossi II

Β 

Β 

Years ago, I was playing a par 4 or 5.. can't remember, doesn't matter.

Hit the ball right and landed off the fairway. Β There was a tree just to the right of my line to the green about 15 yards ahead of me. Β My dads behind me "You're gonna hit the tree" Β I say "I'm not gonna hit the tree"

I not only hit the tree, but I hit it so square the balls rebounded 40 yards behind us and landed in the water.

Member: Branch River Country Club

Taylormade Burner Superfast Driver

Warrior Custom 3 hybrid

Taylormade Burner Superlaunch Irons 4-PW

Taylormade White Smoke MC-72 putter

I tried to hit a ball over a big tree. and shanked it. Just to the right was the clubhouse with a big picture window. There were four guys standing there watching ,and when they saw the ball heading towards them, they hit the deck. Luckily, the ball hit just under the window. The guys stood up laughing, and I just tipped my hat and played on.

A couple years ago, I was playing in a scramble with a bunch of guys I went to school with. . .I think I was on the 2nd hole, bent down to pick up my ball and my pants RIPPED right up the butt!Β  ALL THE WAY TOO.Β  It looked like I had nuclear gas and had a blowout.Β  Luckily the girly friend brought another pair at the turn.Β  I was running around mooning guys while they were putting, it was great actually!

Actually had a similar experience to the OP.

It was a couple months ago, on a 520 yd par 5. I try to blast a tee shot and of course slice it hard right in to the adjacent hole's fairway. We drive over to it and there are some guys about to tee off. Well they wave me through so I felt rushed to hit my next shot, I pull out my 3wood and don't even take a practice swing, then proceed to blast the shot straight at them! Embarrassing as hell but luckily they were cool about it.

In my Β 2.0 Lite bag:

Β 

Driver: Β Superfast 10.5* stiff flex

3 Wood: Β Superfast 2.0

4-SW: SQ Machspeed

GW: Β 52.08

Putter: Β Rossa Daytona

I pull-hooked my driver into some townhomes on a twilight round last season, heard a strange sound (I've hit them a couple times before), it was glass shattering. It was my last ball so I figured I would just watch my buddy play the rest of the hole. We drive up to what we thought was his ball, and it was actually mine. It had ricocheted back into play, and had glass shards stuck in it. I par'd the hole, he bogeyed.

Originally Posted by LottaBalata

A couple years ago, I was playing in a scramble with a bunch of guys I went to school with. . .I think I was on the 2nd hole, bent down to pick up my ball and my pants RIPPED right up the butt!Β  ALL THE WAY TOO.Β  It looked like I had nuclear gas and had a blowout.Β  Luckily the girly friend brought another pair at the turn.Β  I was running around mooning guys while they were putting, it was great actually!

hahahaha.. i hope this never happens to me

-In the bag -
Your lost range balls

Years ago, on the first tee of a high school tournament, I hit one for negative yardage.Β  The first hole crosses a street.Β  I topped the ball and it hit the curb on the other side of the street and ricocheted over our heads for about -25 yds.Β  There were quite a few people watching...

Not being waived through on a par 3 concessional hole, only to insist,..hey guys your supposed to let me drive aswell, im driving well today..........then duck hook it straight into the lake,....to a rapture of applause

I swallowed my shame pill and said "Tell ya what, i'll me trap shut, you play on",....never again

:tmade:Β Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno:Β 3 Wood:Β JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno:Β 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger:Β Sand Wedge:Β 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger:Β Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping:Β Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno:Β Bag - Cart Style

Lots of people waiting on the first tee. We tee off. Hit my ball right of a water hazard. Hit second shot and drive cart around the hazard. It starts to slide on the wet morning grass at the top of the hill above the water. Slow slide twenty feet down the hill intill the cart is going backwards, not responding to any driving attempts, and the back half of the cart ends up in the water for all to see. Loudspeaker announces that a tracktor is needed to pull a cart out of the lake on hole number one -- just in case anyone waiting did not get a good look yet.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at -Β http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/Β Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23*Β hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

MizunoΒ MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/MizunoΒ MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-EvolutionΒ grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs:Β Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GWΒ with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note:Β This thread is 3129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!