IGNORED

Tiger and Williams to part ways?

Sing Golfer
Note: This thread is 4651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by deasy55

Childhood friend Bryon Bell  is caddie next week

I wonder if he's just a temporary fill-in or what.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how Tiger says the split happened in a face-to-face meeting at AT&T;, but Steve Williams just said he was fired via phone weeks beforehand. (According to Jason Sobel on twitter, I didn't actually see the interview)

some harsh words from stevie today..."this is the greatest win i've ever had." wow. i guess we can only wonder what prompted him to say that. i'm sure it will be brought up at tiger's pga presser, where he will stare with a straight face and plead the 5th(decline to answer, for the non-americans).

Williams was obviously bitter towards Tigers handling of his termination.  I guess he wanted to make a point that he's moved on and doing great.  It's just one of many shots he's taken at Tiger, but I guess this one will hurt a bit more given Tigers performance compared to Scotts.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Williams was obviously bitter towards Tigers handling of his termination.  I guess he wanted to make a point that he's moved on and doing great.  It's just one of many shots he's taken at Tiger, but I guess this one will hurt a bit more given Tigers performance compared to Scotts.

Pfffft. Not to your opinion, but to Stevie.

The guy's a caddie. Good for Stevie that his guy made everything he looked at and won for the first time in forever. Last time I checked, as the guy actually hitting the shots, Tiger still has 14 more majors than Stevie and Adam Scott combined.

Clearly Stevie's ticked at Tiger, and thank goodness Adam Scott made a statement on his behalf , but Stevie, dude... you're a caddie. If I were Tiger I'd find you're reaction incredibly amusing, laughable even. You didn't like your job before? Who cares. You're the employee, and you got sacked. Maybe you can call Tiger and Phil pricks in some off-season banquet this year.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree, I was laughing when he said he likes to play from out in front, just like when he's racing.  If you didn't know who he was and just heard the interview you'd think he was the guy who actually won.  If I was Scott, I'd have to sit him down and explain who works for who before this gets out of hand.

Originally Posted by iacas

Pfffft. Not to your opinion, but to Stevie.

The guy's a caddie. Good for Stevie that his guy made everything he looked at and won for the first time in forever. Last time I checked, as the guy actually hitting the shots, Tiger still has 14 more majors than Stevie and Adam Scott combined.

Clearly Stevie's ticked at Tiger, and thank goodness Adam Scott made a statement on his behalf, but Stevie, dude... you're a caddie. If I were Tiger I'd find you're reaction incredibly amusing, laughable even. You didn't like your job before? Who cares. You're the employee, and you got sacked. Maybe you can call Tiger and Phil pricks in some off-season banquet this year.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

I agree, I was laughing when he said he likes to play from out in front, just like when he's racing.  If you didn't know who he was and just heard the interview you'd think he was the guy who actually won.  If I was Scott, I'd have to sit him down and explain who works for who before this gets out of hand.

Heh, completely forgot about that part. That was hilarious.

Maybe we should blame Stevie for Tiger never coming back in a major. After all, Stevie likes to be the frontrunner... he didn't say anything about hanging back and making a charge.

If I was Adam Scott I'd be pissed. He just won the second biggest tournament of his career and the story of the week is about his jilted lover of a caddy? Tiger's obviously not without blame, but Stevie's kidding himself if he thinks he's coming out of this looking good. Congrats to Adam though. He was my pick at the Open, for whatever that matters. I hope he does well next week.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I recall a few people calling Stevie out as a thug and a facetime addicted douchenozzle - for years - which was seen by some as an attack at Team Tiger by Tiger haters. No, it was pretty much aimed directly at Stevie and it was right on the money. Tiger's looking like a better guy every time Stevie opens up his big yapper. I may actually end up pulling for the guy.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by sean_miller

I recall a few people calling Stevie out as a thug and a facetime addicted douchenozzle - for years - which was seen by some as an attack at Team Tiger by Tiger haters. No, it was pretty much aimed directly at Stevie and it was right on the money. Tiger's looking like a better guy every time Stevie opens up his big yapper. I may actually end up pulling for the guy.

Yep. Maybe Stevie's still on the payroll. He's doing an excellent job of making his former boss look better.

Stevie should thank Tiger for allowing him to be on his bag for so long. He had the dream life that most caddies would kill for. looping for tiger not only got him millions just carrying the bag, but also got him his own endorsement deals. Other than Bones, I can't think of another caddy that had it so good. Stevie made more as a caddy, than alot of tour players have in their careers.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

Williams probably made more carrying Scotts bag last week than the $58,750 Tiger did for the tournament.

Originally Posted by te3point5

Stevie should thank Tiger for allowing him to be on his bag for so long. He had the dream life that most caddies would kill for. looping for tiger not only got him millions just carrying the bag, but also got him his own endorsement deals. Other than Bones, I can't think of another caddy that had it so good. Stevie made more as a caddy, than alot of tour players have in their careers.

Joe Paradiso

Stevie's interview never should of happened. I laughed though - blatant quip at his former boss, and that was fine, but when he started going on about him racing and being in front blah blah blah, he should of shut up. Tiger and Stevie are both strange guys - no wonder they worked well together ( but at least one is keeping his trap shut ) Press conference with Scott and Woods will be interesting this week.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Wonder who decides the pairings and if someone would consider putting Tiger and Scott together for media attention.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Press conference with Scott and Woods will be interesting this week.

Joe Paradiso

Wonder who decides the pairings and if someone would consider putting Tiger and Scott together for media attention.

I would love for that to happen. You could cut the air with a driver swing

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Why are we all so hard on Stevie?  Didn't you all see the brilliant shots he hit yesterday?

In all seriousness, if I'm Tiger, I'm glad Stevie is saying the things he is because it just helps to jusfity his decision.

If Stevie stayed quiet, took the firing like a man and the Scott win happened, we would all think Stevie is the man.  Instead, he's buried himself.

• Upvote 1

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

When Steve started talking after the win from Adam, I stood there with my mouth open like "Did you really just say this was the greatest week of your caddying career"? All the majors, Ryder Cups, etc.. with Tiger didn't trump a Bridgestone Win?

I agree with the above posters, Adam needs to have a talk saying something along the lines of "Ok, we all get your still sour over the split, but your with me now so do me a favor and keep your public behavior with the media in check on this topic".

My personal opinion is I think his comment makes Adam look bad even if that wasn't his intent. NOBODY in their right mind, including Adam Scott, can listen to that comment from Stevie and sincerely believe what he said is true. The only way I can imagine he really thinks this is the greatest week of his career is because he is in the limelight more then Tiger and more then Adam.

Also, I know Tiger gets a bad rap in the media, across golf blogs, etc...because people don't like him personally, think he is cheap, bad tipper, etc.. insert whatever you want to say, but remove the fact he spits on a golf course (I don't care about that) or vents his anger more often then  he should, I don't think in all his years on the tour he has ever really disrespected another player or caddie, at least publicly or in the media. Can anyone clarify that for me? He certainly has not said a single bad thing about Steve that I know of.

My father got to go to the Bridgestone for Saturday and Sunday and said the roars for Tiger were huge, regardless of whether he was in the trees and 10 shots back. He made an interesting point to. Nobody came to the Bridgestone to see Stevie.

Note: This thread is 4651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!