IGNORED

John Daly at the PGA Tour Champions Dinner

makaveli
Note: This thread is 4637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Because there are certain people who hate the traditional formal side of golf and think you should be able to wear anything on the golf course. My point is that everyoe else is wearing a suit and tie and Daly is wearing jeans, hardly comparable to a suit...

Originally Posted by shades9323

Have you been to a PGA champions dinner? I haven't, but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it is all that formal. Not like say a ball or something. It is just a dinner for past champions. I doubt it is really "formal".

What does not caring about this have to do with a chip on a shoulder?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Daly and Tiger at the dinner last year. Can we just agree that they are both horrible dressers? John's drunk and broke, fine, don't know what Tiger's excuse is.

John%20Daly%20and%20some%20dude%20at%20the%20PGA%20Past%20Champions%20dinner%202010.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well probably should be wearing a collared shirt at least. Seems everyone else is wearing a suit/cocktail dress. In life you just come across those sorts of people who just don't dress to the standard of what is expected either because they were never taught the protocol or frankly don't care. I don't get worked up over it or anything, just it's nice for everyone to respect the occasion that various people put money and time into.

Originally Posted by deasy55

What about Rickie Fowler at the premiere of the film Seven Days In Utopia?

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

I will not agree! I like how JD dresses.

Originally Posted by Stretch

Daly and Tiger at the dinner last year. Can we just agree that they are both horrible dressers? John's drunk and broke, fine, don't know what Tiger's excuse is.

Tiger could be reppin the most bangor suits with the cash he has. If I were him I'd have like a dozen of the buggers.

Daly and Tiger at the dinner last year. Can we just agree that they are both horrible dressers? John's drunk and broke, fine, don't know what Tiger's excuse is.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

At least Tiger is trying... jeans, tshirt and Allstar shoes just show you don't give a s* about the event... To bad he will be ruining a lot of pics...

Gotcha.  I don't have a chip or hate traditional golf attire, however I do think you should be able to wear whatever you want on the golf course(within the rules/guidelines set by the course). If there were any guidelines for dress at this event, I would think they would all be in tuxes.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Because there are certain people who hate the traditional formal side of golf and think you should be able to wear anything on the golf course. My point is that everyoe else is wearing a suit and tie and Daly is wearing jeans, hardly comparable to a suit...

Maybe there is not a written and official but I think the organizers suppose that past champions are smart enough to dress properly even with no written rules, in fact everyone is dressed properly but him...

In case of written rules well... this guy should be ashamed...

Gotcha.  I don't have a chip or hate traditional golf attire, however I do think you should be able to wear whatever you want on the golf course(within the rules/guidelines set by the course). If there were any guidelines for dress at this event, I would think they would all be in tuxes.

At least Tiger is trying... jeans, tshirt and Allstar shoes just show you don't give a s* about the event... To bad he will be ruining a lot of pics...

Tiger isn't trying, though. He looks like his goal was to mark off every item in a dress code checklist without bothering whether his outfit was cohesive or distinctive.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by makaveli

Maybe there is not a written and official but I think the organizers suppose that past champions are smart enough to dress properly even with no written rules, in fact everyone is dressed properly but him...

In case of written rules well... this guy should be ashamed...

According to who???  Are there rules about not wearing certain colors?

That IS John Daly, and he would look like out of place if he dressed any other way.  He probably doesn't even own a suit.

My complaint would be about Lefty, that getup he's wearing has more shine than his shoes!!

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Tiger isn't trying, though. He looks like his goal was to mark off every item in a dress code checklist without bothering whether his outfit was cohesive or distinctive.

You maybe right but at least he is formally dressed...

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

According to who???  Are there rules about not wearing certain colors?

That IS John Daly, and he would look like out of place if he dressed any other way.  He probably doesn't even own a suit.

My complaint would be about Lefty, that getup he's wearing has more shine than his shoes!!

According to me dressing like that is not dressed properly ad if you don't get my point that only means you don't want to get my point, so there is no need of a looooong answer about why be dressed like a pimp flamingo is not dressing properly. I know that sadly that is JD, too bad for official pics...

Originally Posted by makaveli

You maybe right but at least he is formally dressed...

Sorry, you just lost your argument right there as none of those pictured are in formal dress. Semi-formal perhaps, but certainly not formal.

I am not one for strict dress codes on or off the course, but Daly looks a bit like a buffoon.  i get that he's the regular guy pro golfer and is famous for pushing the boundaries but to me it looks like he's trying to hard.  I'm not saying he needed to wear a suit, but that outfit makes him the Lady GaGa of professional golf.  Look at me! Look at me! I'm different!

Joe Paradiso

Didn't read the whole thread, but if you are a man, why in the hell would you care what another man wears to a dinner or event you aren't attending? Even if you were attending, why would what JD wears reflect on you or concern you at all?

I could see if you were married to the dude, but c'mon???

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Sorry dude, didn't realize you set he dress code standard for the PGA.

You are right, I don't want to get your point, because it is pointless.

Thank you for you arrogance, how about respecting different opinions? Anyway, I don't want to set any dress code standard, but if you really think JD is dressed properly good for you, I really don't think it would be worth continue talking about proper attire, cheers!

Sorry, you just lost your argument right there as none of those pictured are in formal dress. Semi-formal perhaps, but certainly not formal.

Dude, we can go to Styleforum and spend weeks discussing about the meaning of formal but one thing is sure that JD is not formally dressed (maybe he is according for him) in any way you want to intend the word. Now I will wait for a reply that will show me how pink checked jacked, pink t shirt, jeans and pink allstars are formal but I don't mind...

Anyway, with formal I mean suit, shirt and tie... thought it was pretty intuitive, but we see that me and you got diametrical opposite opinions on just everything and I like it! :D

Ask all the guys that whined about how Ricky Fowler wore his hat at the Masters.

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

Didn't read the whole thread, but if you are a man, why in the hell would you care what another man wears to a dinner or event you aren't attending? Even if you were attending, why would what JD wears reflect on you or concern you at all?

I could see if you were married to the dude, but c'mon???

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!