IGNORED

2011 Deutsche Bank Discussion

BigAl5150
Note: This thread is 4618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watney got a 2 shot penalty on the 2nd for taking a swipe at the ground in the hazard while his ball was in it (testing the surface)

He's now +10 for the day. Fowler not doing much better.

Hard to know who will take this now.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by deasy55

He's now +10 for the day. Fowler not doing much better.

Rickie Fowler sucks. Seriously, could the guy be near more leads and yet continue to blow up in the final round any more often than he seems to do?

Rickie sucks, until he doesn't anymore, but I'm not certain that day is coming any time soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Rickie Fowler sucks. Seriously, could the guy be near more leads and yet continue to blow up in the final round any more often than he seems to do?

Rickie sucks, until he doesn't anymore, but I'm not certain that day is coming any time soon.

+1 but at least he didn't wear all orange today

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

+2. You can only use the "he's young" excuse for so long. Time for him to man up and actually do something that proves he's worth all the hype.

Chez Reavie mini meltdown happening here

He played excellent golf until the last approach shot. 30 holes without a bogey, then bogies one of the easiest holes on the course.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The remnants of Tropical Storm Lee passed over my hometown this afternoon, and the local NBC affiliate bumped the entirety of the final round telecast in favor of four hours of weather alerts. I'll have to watch the recap on the Golf Channel tonight to find out how the final round went down.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Some people take longer to develop than others. That's all I can say.

Lebron James isn't finishing 4 quarters but is still considered possibly the top player in his sport. Rickie Fowler continues to choke in the final round but "sucks"? C'mon guys, you guys have surely seen his talent. He's taking longer to get there than most with his talent, but I would say he is far from being qualified for that word.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by FowlPlay

Lebron James isn't finishing 4 quarters but is still considered possibly the top player in his sport. Rickie Fowler continues to choke in the final round but "sucks"? C'mon guys, you guys have surely seen his talent. He's taking longer to get there than most with his talent, but I would say he is far from being qualified for that word.

Okay, you convinced me.

Lebron James sucks too. :-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He has been at the top or near the top many times and hasn't gotten it done.  You're right, he doesn't suck.  After all he has gotten to the top of the leaderboards before.  But until he gets the job done, he will be known as a choke artist.  And you can't use experience as an excuse.  6 PGA Tour rookies have won this year.

Originally Posted by FowlPlay

Some people take longer to develop than others. That's all I can say.

Originally Posted by funkyfred72

He has been at the top or near the top many times and hasn't gotten it done.  You're right, he doesn't suck.  After all he has gotten to the top of the leaderboards before.  But until he gets the job done, he will be known as a choke artist.  And you can't use experience as an excuse.  6 PGA Tour rookies have won this year.

I did not use experience as an excuse. I said that he's taking longer to develop than others. Especially his mental game. There's no doubt in my mind he deserves the title "choke artist". But with the amount of talent he has, you have to expect he'll acquire the mental game soon.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Clutch putting by Simpson. The wife will be dropping the baby next

LOL!

Agreed on Simpson's putting. He was pretty hot down the stretch and into extra holes.

Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Note: This thread is 4618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!