IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

For casual play that is OK, but I believe that is illegal in tournament play. So I don't know if that is a viable way to really train yourself to adjust to the pace of play.

Nope. Occasionally (like on the PGA Tour) they'll forbid you from practicing on the prior green… but that rule is rarely in effect for regular local tournaments. And you can always do things on the next tee box.

Quote:

5. Practice

a. General

The Committee may make regulations governing practice in accordance with the Note to Rule 7-1 , Exception (c) to Rule 7-2 , Note 2 to Rule 7 and Rule 33-2c .

b. Practice Between Holes (Note 2 to Rule 7 )

If the Committee wishes to act in accordance with Note 2 to Rule 7-2 , the following wording is recommended:

"Between the play of two holes, a player must not make any practice stroke on or near the putting green of the hole last played and must not test the surface of the putting green of the hole last played by rolling a ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope. Occasionally (like on the PGA Tour) they'll forbid you from practicing on the prior green… but that rule is rarely in effect for regular local tournaments. And you can always do things on the next tee box.

Glad you cleared that up. Me and my buddies will play a tee box game if we're waiting. You have to start by one tee marker, hit the other, then hit the one you started at, then hit the other person's ball. Every time you hit a target, you get to go again.

Gets interesting with a foursome lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

If I'm real pissed, I'll sit down next to the tee box indian-style, just like in Kindergarten. Had the day off yesterday and had the rarest thing, a sub 3-hour round on the Eagle. Nobody was there. It was great.

I'm starting to think what really made me angry was just the total lack of respect that the group had for others. Not only were they breaking the rule of more than 4 people, but they weren't playing ready golf and were also standing around on the tee talking. I could see this from several holes away. That and the fact that I know they saw the guy in front of me and myself coming up behind them and then saw us waiting after we caught up to them but didn't bother to pick up the pace or let either of us play through. It was getting dark and they didn't seem to care that they were basically going to keep us from finishing our rounds because they wanted to goof off.

In all honesty I should have just stopped when I got to the point where I was going to have to start waiting because I had already seen how they were playing. I guess I just thought they would pull their act together once someone was behind them, but of course that was an erroneous assumption on my part.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I'd rarely actually call the desk on someone, but a group of five or more begs it. Actually, it demands it. No course ought to feel like they can get away with putting a group like that on the course. If one slips out, it is their duty to bust it up. Say what you want about Miami Shores, but those guys won't stand for that sort of nonsense.

I'd rarely actually call the desk on someone, but a group of five or more begs it. Actually, it demands it. No course ought to feel like they can get away with putting a group like that on the course. If one slips out, it is their duty to bust it up.

Say what you want about Miami Shores, but those guys won't stand for that sort of nonsense.

I doubt it would have made much difference. I'm guessing that the guys were all from one of the leagues that played before and got together to mess around. The only people left in the pro shop were the younger "kids" *probably early 20's college students* and I don't think they'd have been willing to do do anything. That and it was almost dark so it wasn't worth the hassle. They guys seemed to exude that "were members here and part of a league so we do what we want" attitude. I will admit, that may not be a fair assessment of them and my annoyance about the situation overall could definitely be coloring my view.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

If there is one thing I hate, it's playing a scramble with people who can't play. I mean REALLY can't play. The Grizzly at Kings Island is pretty nice though. Drove it pin high on a 285 yard par 4 and into the green side bunker on a hole playing 305. I love it when you don't even feel the ball on the driver face. I need to do that all the time. Ok. This Saturday afternoon is out for me for the golf thing at Sugar Isle. Thinking next weekend.

- Shane

Scrambles scare me after having to watch a few from the rear view. Tomorrow's wide open, but I'm committed otherwise next week. I'm sure you lot will crush it.

If there is one thing I hate, it's playing a scramble with people who can't play. I mean REALLY can't play. The Grizzly at Kings Island is pretty nice though. Drove it pin high on a 285 yard par 4 and into the green side bunker on a hole playing 305. I love it when you don't even feel the ball on the driver face. I need to do that all the time.

Ok. This Saturday afternoon is out for me for the golf thing at Sugar Isle. Thinking next weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

If there is one thing I hate, it's playing a scramble with people who can't play. I mean REALLY can't play. The Grizzly at Kings Island is pretty nice though. Drove it pin high on a 285 yard par 4 and into the green side bunker on a hole playing 305. I love it when you don't even feel the ball on the driver face. I need to do that all the time.

Ok. This Saturday afternoon is out for me for the golf thing at Sugar Isle. Thinking next weekend.

Scrambles scare me after having to watch a few from the rear view.

Tomorrow's wide open, but I'm committed otherwise next week. I'm sure you lot will crush it.

I'm not a huge fan of scrambles anymore. I used to be before I started trying to play by the rules and realized how many things in a scramble go against those.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I'm not a huge fan of scrambles anymore. I used to be before I started trying to play by the rules and realized how many things in a scramble go against those.

Duh, they are a scramble. They are not a sanctioned format under the USGA. They are a social or to some very competitive way to play a team format in golf.

Basically, just get a group of friends and have fun.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Duh, they are a scramble. They are not a sanctioned format under the USGA. They are a social or to some very competitive way to play a team format in golf.

Basically, just get a group of friends and have fun.

Before I knew all the rules I didn't even know what it meant to be "sanctioned"...

It's probably a result of who I usually play with, but they aren't very fun for me anymore.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Sunday afternoon at Sugar Isle. Who's in?

I should be able to make that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Can't. My old buddy would be very sad if I didn't play golf with him on Sunday at Rocky Bunkers G.C. (Or is that Tall Cotton G.C.). Ah, heck with it. You know where I'm talking about.

I've reached the "I hate golf" portion of the year....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!