IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just have to edit out 90% of my shots to make it not be a comedy.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep it was a fun day hacking it around. Erik asked why there wasn't a vlog of our round.  Next time we head out we'll have to pack the video camera. Show the world how not to play golf!!!

I thought about that, but with the rain, etc., I left the camera packed away.

- Shane

If it is a nice day the next time we go, I'll bring my camera. My Casio digital camera does video, should work fine.

On a side note, so when are you going to upgrade to a SLDR Jeremie!!! I saw how far you hit that drive on that one par 5!!! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If it is a nice day the next time we go, I'll bring my camera. My Casio digital camera does video, should work fine.

On a side note, so when are you going to upgrade to a SLDR Jeremie!!! I saw how far you hit that drive on that one par 5!!!

Sounds like a great excuse to play again. :banana:

- Shane

I guess I should put down the next days I am available.

Sunday June 22nd

June 28th/29th

August 2nd/3rd

August 9th/10th

I might be available one of the weekends in July, not sure yet. One of them is right on my birthday, so my family might want to do something. The rest of the month is pretty much packed for me on the weekends.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

As soon as I have an extra 500+ laying around.[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/53045/dayton/120#post_1001723"]If it is a nice day the next time we go, I'll bring my camera. My Casio digital camera does video, should work fine.  On a side note, so when are you going to upgrade to a SLDR Jeremie!!! I saw how far you hit that drive on that one par 5!!! :beer: [/quote]

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Yep it was a fun day hacking it around. Erik asked why there wasn't a vlog of our round.  Next time we head out we'll have to pack the video camera. Show the world how not to play golf!!!

Just make sure you have extra batteries… ;)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We may have needed 2 extra batteries yesterday.

I don't know, you and Billy did pretty well it seemed. I couldn't get anything going.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I don't know, you and Billy did pretty well it seemed. I couldn't get anything going.

It was a short course, but it had some teeth. I had to scramble a lot as usual. I don't mind scrambling, but I want to play more "boring golf" (FW, Green, Putt, Putt). The two holes I want a redo on are #3 (triple from the hazard but the 4 strokes around the green killed me) and #7 (double on a par 5 where I chili dipped my 3rd behind the trees). That's simply handing 2, maybe 3, strokes to the course since it should have been a relatively easy up and down for birdie. I would take back the bogey on 8 where I bladed my LW into the crap behind the green, but the one handed backwards punch-out was something to remember. =) Too bad I didn't drain the putt for par. I was +5 on the back with 6 bogeys and a birdie. Need to get those pitches a smidge closer. I'm pretty deadly with the putter from inside 5' but was leaving myself 6-10 footers to save par. Or better yet... HIT THE FREAKING GREEN. :doh:

I look forward to playing again. I'm leaving on the 6/22 for MI to play TPC Michigan and Oakland Hills, so that's out for me. The wife was talking about camping the weekend of the 28th since the 27th is my Bday. If we don't, that weekend is a possibility. I thought about suggesting we camp at Maumee Bay state park and playing the links course up there. Fishing on Lake Erie and playing golf sounds like an awesome weekend to me. =)

- Shane

Except for a few holes I couldn't put 2 good shots together, and I couldn't get myself to hit the putt on the par 5 I reached in 2. I think I just have too many things going through my head during my swing. I mean really, anyone who can get to a 500+ par 5 with driver and 6 iron *or lower club* should be able to shoot in the 80's at least. This is why I get so discouraged, but I'm trying to stay positive.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Anyone know a decent place to play down in the columbus area, I'll be down there for VMWare training next thursday.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Anyone know a decent place to play down in the columbus area, I'll be down there for VMWare training next thursday.

I don't know many courses in Columbus. I played a private club on the NE side a few years ago, but haven't played any public courses. Too bad your training isn't in Dayton.

- Shane

http://windinghollow.com/

Fun course, a little outside of Columbus. It is tight thought, LOTS OF TREES!!

Champions is a pretty good course, Robert Trent Jones, LOTS OF WATER

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

http://windinghollow.com/

Fun course, a little outside of Columbus. It is tight thought, LOTS OF TREES!!

Champions is a pretty good course, Robert Trent Jones, LOTS OF WATER

Aka horrible for me unless I am feeling generous about donating a bunch of golf balls rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

@georgep can tell you a bunch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here are a few options:

If you don't mind driving a little, try Bent Tree near the I-71 and 36 interchange.  It has quite a bit of water on it, but it's a fun layout.

If you are looking to finish with the same ball you started with, try Raymond Memorial. It's a (somewhat beat up) Robert Trent Jones layout that is now a muni.  You can still see the design concepts at work, but most of the course is wide, wide open.

If you don't mind spending a little more try Golf Club of Dublin or Riviera (also in Dublin). GCD has a lot of water, but it also has big fairways and huge greens so you shouldn't be washing that many balls.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Nice, thanks for the help. I hope I can get on as a single and get around decently fast so I can get home before midnight ha.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!