IGNORED

Golf fashion ?'s

Juzmi
Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wear whatever I find on the clearance rack, golf duds are pricey. Though I tend to stick to certain brands with consistent sizing. Though I did treat myself to some orange Puma shorts after receiving a $25 gift card from Golfsmith with my Ping bag purchase. I also have 2 white belts, got to match the white shoes. Though anyone that realizes my avatar is actually me doesn't doubt that. You should see that suit, has freakin' rhinestones and beads on it, promo shot for my former part-time music career. Though you'd never see it because I'm a slob and I wear my shirts out.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When it comes to cold weather golf, loose fitting layers are king.  I have a variety of windshirts for varying conditions.  Some are lined with insulation and some are not.   Depending on the temps, I may wear a long sleeve under armor crew neck underneath....and maybe a tee underneath the under armour.  If I wear those 3 layers along with an insulated wind shirt, I'm good to go down to freezing temps.    I also have a few short sleeve windshirts...some lined and some not.

IE....if I'm teeing off at 8am when it's 40 degrees and the temps will rise to 65 by noon.  I may start the round by wearing a lined winshirt and bring an unlined windshirt to change into as the temps rise.

HANDS:

cold weather golf gloves absolutely do not work for me.   I wear cold weather mittens between shots to keep my hands warm and toasty if it's a really cold day. (30s-low 40s)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

One pet peeve I have is golfers who dress like they can play....but can't.  Then you are just a poser.  But whatever you want to wear is fine by me.  I just think walking up to the first tee dressed like a pro you should at least hit it solid.  People are going to watch you, and do you want that as you duff your opening ball?

And flat brim hats can only be worn under the age of 25.  You are just too old to be cool after that.

Brian

Not sure if it's a regional or age thing but recalling my youth I don't remember seeing ball caps that weren't flat bill. The first thing we did when they handed them out in little league was put a crease in it or bend the bill to be more rounded. A good technique was to fold the bill and stick the hat in your back pocket. I don't think flat bill caps are unique to the under 25 crowd. If anything it's a retro style. Kind of like when I see kids wearing Vans. I don't feel like I'm too old for the shoes because I brought mine back from CA in the late 70's.

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

One pet peeve I have is golfers who dress like they can play....but can't.  Then you are just a poser.

What is the rule?   Any player less than 18HC should wear a wife beater t-shirt?     LOL

Serious....the above thought is silly.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Quote:

One pet peeve I have is golfers who dress like they can play....but can't.  Then you are just a poser.

What is the rule?   Any player less than 18HC should wear a wife beater t-shirt?     LOL

Serious....the above thought is silly.

Logo golf bag to match full set of matching clubs. Logo golf hat, high tech shirt, high tech golf pants, brand new high tech shoes, brand new white glove, brand new tour ball on a . . . brush tee.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Logo golf bag to match full set of matching clubs. Logo golf hat, high tech shirt, high tech golf pants, brand new high tech shoes, brand new white glove, brand new tour ball on a . . . brush tee.

Oops ... I am (sort of) guilty of this.  Titleist 3w, hybrid, irons, ball, bag and hat.  (Do have other brand driver, wedges, putter)  Also try to dress nice; new shirts, pants, shoes.

However, I still use little 2 3/4" wooden tees, so maybe I'm OK here.  Phew.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Oops ... I am (sort of) guilty of this.  Titleist 3w, hybrid, irons, ball, bag and hat.  (Do have other brand driver, wedges, putter)  Also try to dress nice; new shirts, pants, shoes.

However, I still use little 2 3/4" wooden tees, so maybe I'm OK here.  Phew.

I almost bought a bright red Cleveland carry bag (wish I had - it was a good deal at $75) and a year later I almost bought a bright blue Mizuno bag. Hats, bags, headcovers, clothing, would have had the fanboy uni head to toe. Then I decided to go another route and didn't look back. SM, Izzo, or Ogio bags only. Non-logo clothing (no golf brands of any kind) and non-golf brand hats. I do have a few golf logo caps among my 20 or so golf caps but wear them based on colour scheme regardless of what's in the bag. Yeah, I've worn a Cleveland cap with a bag full of Mizunos and a Bridgestone ball - true story.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I don't wear hats but I do have Ping clubs in a Ping bag, it's got a cooler. Had to have that. But I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or wrong by mismatching my Nike shirts to my Snake Eyes shorts. Especially since I have Adidas running socks. Worth mentioning is I wear Under Armour drawers.

One pet peeve I have is golfers who dress like they can play....but can't.  Then you are just a poser.  But whatever you want to wear is fine by me.  I just think walking up to the first tee dressed like a pro you should at least hit it solid.  People are going to watch you, and do you want that as you duff your opening ball?

And flat brim hats can only be worn under the age of 25.  You are just too old to be cool after that.

I had to laugh at this post.  So because I am just learning the game of golf I have to dress like an idiot?  I'd rather be dressed well and play bad as opposed to dressing horribly and still playing bad.  People may be able to accuse me of being a bad golfer but never a bad dresser!

Jeff

Wow at some of the posts in here. Im an adult and I prefer to dress myself. If anyone dislikes it, you know exactly what you can kiss. LOL

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

That has to go in the top 10 all time stupid posts.

And in my experiece, nobody watches other players hit if they don't know them. You might watch them in the way you watch oncoming traffic. You don't "see" them.

As soon as they're past you they're gone forever. Just like a stranger teeing off.

What sort of an f-wit criticises someone for dressing nicely on a golf course.

BTW -  Here's an example of some of the AWESOME Travis  Mathew stuff. Absolutely incredible. Unbelievably "out there". Cool AND AWESOME!!!!!!

You'd better be able to play if you wear their gear.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

That has to go in the top 10 all time stupid posts.

And in my experiece, nobody watches other players hit if they don't know them. You might watch them in the way you watch oncoming traffic. You don't "see" them.

As soon as they're past you they're gone forever. Just like a stranger teeing off.

What sort of an f-wit criticises someone for dressing nicely on a golf course.

This might have to go in the top 10 all time best posts.

Well said.

I just bought some new TM threads... 1x yellow with blue/gray stripes on chest, 1x purple with gray/plum accents (checks) and 1x gray with purple accents.  Gotta look good when I make those doubles on the course! :D

Sounds like "1984"

What happened to individuality?

Originally Posted by Nutter

Khakis and a polo is what every golfer should be wearing, let your game do the talking

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I don't care if I suck on the golf course and people are watching me suck, but I'd much rather suck looking good then not. :)

Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!