IGNORED

When is your final round of the year?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by 1par2win

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Given I live in Central Florida, I would imagine my last round of the year will be December 31st.

Signed,

Minnesota

Some wise ass makes this joke every year.... and it always hurts the same!

Go get me and 1par2win some peanuts from the clubhouse, rookie

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lol I hate when I hear lines like this, but hey, he's (zipazoid) originally from my neck of the woods here in Ohio, so I can only applaud him on being smart and moving to the equivalent of Hawaii (compared to Ohio in November).

In all fairness, I was still able to play the other day. I just had to scavenge for my ball in the fairway with my PW as if it was a rake. Really could have used a damn leaf blower out there. At least the clubhouse was nice enough to send out an emergency 6 pack for us on the 4th hole. Kind of nice to have been buddies with the GM for 15 years lol. Perks! We realized a usual 3.5hr round was quickly turning into "Hurry up and just take a drop, it's going to be dark soon - it's already 4 o'clock..." lol

Since we had snow yesterday (just a dusting, but temperature is dropping) my last round was on October 23 when I played in Lisbon, Portugal. My next round will be in January when I will be in "Lost Wages", NV.

Mine will probably be on the 31st of Dec, unless the weather isn't good in that case it will still probably be the 31st. First round next year will be the 1st of Jan

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Have a round scheduled for tomorrow :-D. Weather should be ok with a daytime high of 13c (50 something f). Every day on the course at this time of year is a gift.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Living in the Lansing, MI area, no snow yet this year. Tuesday Nov. 15th was in the mid-50s, so got a round in. This will probably be my last round in Michigan this year.

best guess is today - played 9 in NJ ... 48* F.    Kind of takes the fun out of it having to bundle up & wear a jacket, but it's still golf.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's already barely breaking 50° here and soon to be 20° and snow any day now. I'm hoping my last round is not until after this coming weekend so that I can play Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. I will definitely be playing tomorrow though, rain or shine.

Played today. Got up to 14 celcius, high 50's f. No frost delay either. Pretty amazing for end of November :-D

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I'm starting to feel sorry for all you North Americans on here....

Golf in Australia, at least at the amateur level is actually a winter sport! Season starts in March/April, which is when most of the bigger am events kick off, like Simpson Cup here in SA.

Most of the Vardon events are held through the cooler months as well.

Aside from a trip to Florida just before Christmas, I've definitely finished up until April.  It's amazing we played even this late.

Finished up in style though, I got a 1 putt eagle on the par4 18th.  281yd level drive rolled up to 12-13' and I drained that bad boy!  Not exactly a long par4, but since it's the only course still open I'll take what I can get.

Brad

Played Friday and it was around 40* with a gusty wind.  Was cold, but not bad.  Have a 12:35 tee time today and it's mid-50's, clear and sunny with no wind!

Never a last round here, but we sometime have to wait for the snow to melt off to play.

Probably Friday 11/25. Temps were mid 50's with the wind blowing 15-20mph with gusts to 25 mph. Lots of trouble off the tee hitting into the wind with 4 layers of clothes on. Irons were solid and short game was pretty good. Putting was absolutely on fire - 26 putts! Seven one-putts on the back nine. Managed to break 80 and post a 79 even though I almost choked it away on the last hole with a double bogey. Third time breaking 80 this year. All in all, a good way to finish off the year.

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Tomorrow, after playing 5 days straight on my annual Thanksgiving week trip to AZ

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Every day on the course at this time of year is a gift.

Isn't that the truth - played last friday (black friday when the girls went shopping), and yesterday ... can't remember a late November this mild in PA (high 50's each day) ... feel lucky to be able to play this time of year (shot my low on sunday ... 42 for 9 holes - all went well except for the usual one blow up hole ... this time a 5 putt on a par 3 - don't ask, I don't know how to explain it - most brutal green I've ever seen, and yes, I missed a 3 footer ).

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Looks like the season ended yesterday.  I spoke with the marshall and local range owner yesterday and both plan to shut down for the winter after tomorrow.  I guess it's time to clean the clubs and put them away until March or April.  I guess I should consider myself lucky that it was 63* yesterday which is very unusual for end of November on Long Island NY and I got to play this close to Christmas.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!