IGNORED

He's baaaaaaaaack!!! Sergio

Yukari
Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh yes, I have a fierce anti-American bias alright. It's not like I was born there and am half American (aka my mother is from Boston) [IMG] /emoticons/d2_doh.gif[/IMG]

Quite frankly... so? You ignored facts and used a blanked generalization. The field was weak because there were't a lot of top player, not because those of us who live in the U.S. can't think rationally. Anyway, that's off-topic. Despite the poor fields, I hope Sergio is back. He's one of the world's most interesting player to watch when he's on.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by deasy55

Oh yes, I have a fierce anti-American bias alright. It's not like I was born there and am half American (aka my mother is from Boston)

Just because you were born in America doesn't mean that you can't have an anti-American bias.  There are plenty of people that were born here that hate America. If you had no bias why the quote below which essentially says Americans only care about America? Why not mention the PGA tour and not America? Why didn't you post your defending argument on the weak field issue? Most likely because you can't defend it, because they were weak fields. Instead of defending your position, you spout off about Americans only caring about America.

They're not Americans and it wasn't played in America, so it was obviously a weak field

Originally Posted by jamo

Quite frankly... so? You ignored facts and used a blanked generalization. The field was weak because there were't a lot of top player, not because those of us who live in the U.S. can't think rationally.

Anyway, that's off-topic. Despite the poor fields, I hope Sergio is back. He's one of the world's most interesting player to watch when he's on.

Well I guess I don't consider a field that contained half the European Ryder Cup team, Sergio himself, Justin Rose, Jimenez, Bjorn, Manassero, Quiros, Fisher etc etc as "poor" enough to the extent that Sergio winning it doesn't really matter because "it wasn't a full field event"

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Maybe you guys just need a reality check. Look at the threads on this site that are started to discuss 2nd Tier PGA Tour events (unfortunately my national Open is on that list) and most European Tour events. There are very few posters because at the end of the day, nobody cares. . . unless one of their favourites is in the field, like the guy who always just posts about AK and yukari who seems to be a big Sergio fan.

Probably because this is an American golf forum, hence the name of the forum. I tend to post more about Euro Tour based golf on another forum, and more about the PGA Tour here...to get the best of both worlds.

it's quite funny to see the enthusiasm for Rickie Fowler and his win in the Kolon Open that looked like a Major win and the indifference showed here by a back to back win of Sergio on the European Tour, it's also quite funny to see the anti-american excuse... guys, Sergio did a fantastic thing the last 2 weeks and I am so sorry some Americans on this board refuse to like it only because this guy is Spanish. Try to be less only-american-biased and you will appreciate this sport more!

Originally Posted by makaveli

it's quite funny to see the enthusiasm for Rickie Fowler and his win in the Kolon Open that looked like a Major win and the indifference showed here by a back to back win of Sergio on the European Tour, it's also quite funny to see the anti-american excuse... guys, Sergio did a fantastic thing the last 2 weeks and I am so sorry some Americans on this board refuse to like it only because this guy is Spanish. Try to be less only-american-biased and you will appreciate this sport more!

I think you are mistaken.  Who has said they don't like Sergio? Furthermore, who has said they don't like Sergio because he is Spanish? I am pretty sure we all like Sergio. The contention is that Sergio won 2 events in a row with weak fields. Can you dispute the weak field claim?

Hello shades, I am sorry but this time I won't go into an endless conversation with you like I did with Bubba thread at the French Open, you are just to biased in your judgment vs members of Euro Tour vs members on the PGA Tour (imho), if you don't want to get it, then that's ok for me anyway! ;) cheers!

Originally Posted by shades9323

I think you are mistaken.  Who has said they don't like Sergio? Furthermore, who has said they don't like Sergio because he is Spanish? I am pretty sure we all like Sergio. The contention is that Sergio won 2 events in a row with weak fields. Can you dispute the weak field claim?

Originally Posted by makaveli

Hello shades, I am sorry but this time I won't go into an endless conversation with you like I did with Bubba thread at the French Open, you are just to biased in your judgment vs members of Euro Tour vs members on the PGA Tour (imho), if you don't want to get it, then that's ok for me anyway! ;) cheers!

Are you not answering my questions because you have no answers? You made a claim, now you must back it up.

Where?  Are you considering your comment about American's only caring about America your defense of the comments about a weak field?  I must have missed where you explain how it wasn't a weak field.

I did

Where?  Are you considering your comment about American's only caring about America your defense of the comments about a weak field?  I must have missed where you explain how it wasn't a weak field.

Quote:

I did

Let's just say that 1.) he's probably as pro European Tour as you are pro US PGA Tour, 2.) the fields for Sergio's wins could have been stronger but they weren't any weaker than fields several "top" American players have faced for several wins on their resumes **coughStrickercough**, and 3.) at the end of the day, golf season is over in most of the large media centres in the USA, hence no more network coverage, no major media coverage, and no interest.

Move on guys - it's time to drop the puck!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Post 21 of the thread. Pretty convenient for you to miss that but overanalyse everything else I said....

Post 21 of the thread. Pretty convenient for you to miss that but overanalyse everything else I said....

I did miss that, my bad.  The order of the posts threw me off.  I asked the question and you gave the answer to Jamo in your reply then you singled out that line of my post saying you did. I was looking for your answers to my questions in a post in which you replied to me.  Again, my apologies.

It is pretty convenient of you to totally ignore 99% of the post questioning your bias.:)

For the record, I would consider it a weak field if only half of the US ryder cup team were present(and no Euros present). It doesn't matter which half.

• Administrator

Probably because this is an American golf forum, hence the name of the forum.

What name of the forum? Tour Talk? It's not "PGA Tour" talk. You can consider it "Pro Golf Talk." The name of the forum isn't biased towards "American" golfers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sorry, I meant the actual name of the whole place, "The Sand Trap".  I wasn't trying to say it's biased towards "American Golfers", I was merely saying it's roots are American. It's not meant as an insult or anything in any way. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't phrase it well originally.

Originally Posted by iacas

What name of the forum? Tour Talk? It's not "PGA Tour" talk. You can consider it "Pro Golf Talk." The name of the forum isn't biased towards "American" golfers.

What you guys think about Sergio's back to back wins?

I became fan off him from the famous tree shot on.

I think it was good to see him smile on the course again.

And win on Valderama man you need your a game on that course.

I played the course ones and i shot a 97, and that was with me feeling i played well.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Personally, I root for anyone to beat Miguel Angel Jimenez.  Every week.

Sergio seems to have his putting figured out to some degree...I don't think his tee to green play was ever really in question.  will be interesting to see how his putting holds up in the majors.

We already have an active thread on this topic.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/54071/hes-baaaaaaaaack-sergio/

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

It would be great for golf if Sergio once again was competitive in big tournaments. He'd quickly become the most recognizable big name other than Tiger and Phil on the tour and would bring a lot of excitement back to the game. We'll have to wait for the 2012 PGA tour to see.

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!