IGNORED

My Swing (Poser)

poser
Note: This thread is 2271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Guys, I don't even really teach "S&T;" anymore.

BS flag, 15 yard penalty. Don't sell out on the name just because it gets up sean_miller's arse. Perhaps we can call it something else like the Swing Formally Known As S&T; or if that's still causes haters to spew venom on it, how about the Swing Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Troy Matteson doesn't look like Bill Lunde doesn't look like Grant Waite doesn't look like Charlie Wi doesn't look like Justin Rose (oops) doesn't look like Dean Wilson etc. etc. etc.

I disagree, I think their swings do look similar but then you have people that say Rory and Charlie's swings are almost identical and others say they are completely different. I guess as a more experienced instructor and knowing S&T; inside out, you can appreciate the subtle differences more than I can.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

• Administrator

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

BS flag, 15 yard penalty.Don't sell out on the name just because it gets up sean_miller's arse. Perhaps we can call it something else like the Swing Formally Known As S&T; or if that's still causes haters to spew venom on it, how about the Swing Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned?!

Hey, not to get off topic, but we haven't taught it in 2011. We know it, it informs what we do, but that's it.

Now, back on topic. I think it's this way: --------->

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone have any idea how to fix the extreme second axis tilt and backing out.  It's something I have really struggled with and can't seem to find a fix

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

I think you don't have enough left tilt on your backswing. So your hips are in a bit of a reverse slide position which makes it tough for you to move forward on the downswing. I would try to get your hips back at P3 with more left tilt and then you won't have to tip the head back to get the axis tilt.

My $0.02

Michael

Not sure I'm following with the part about the hips.  You mean feel like I'm leaning more towards the target on the backswing?  What about the hips now?

project x 6.0

So I was probably not clear enough. I mean to say that I want more left tilt. The best way I can say to accomplish this is move your hips back a bit. You can see from my still photo here that you don't have as much left tilt as Charlie. From this position Charlie can push his hips more forward because they are not so forward to begin with.

Screen shot 2011-11-11 at 8.30.32 PM.png

So when we get to P6 Charlie has his hips more forward than you and he doesn't need to tip back to create axis tilt.

Screen shot 2011-11-11 at 8.34.14 PM.png

I notice this because I have some of the same problems.

Hope this helps.

Michael

I think having the shaft less laid off will help.  Getting laid off for you, gets you a little underplane, club head inside the hands on the downswing, and you do this in order to hit out and create some power.  Probably take very shallow divots.

Can also do this drill to get the left shoulder to feel lower on the downswing.  Play the ball waaay forward, just outside you left foot, and put a shaft or alignment stick just right of the middle of your stance.  If that head tips back, left shoulder rises, might hit the stick and will definitely hit too far behind the ball.  Make some practice swings before you try it, left shoulder stays low and works around, rather than up.  Along the lines of what I was pointing out with the lower exit.  Finish like I am, shorter followthrough, like a punch shot.  It's ok to take some turf.  This is just to exaggerate a FEEL, not what the end result will look like.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks for the tips guys I'll give it a shot and see how it improves.

project x 6.0

Originally Posted by poser

Thanks MVMAC Spencer does know his stuff very well and has been a pleasure to work with.  He has told me the same things about trying to paddle wheel the right forearm and keep the left shoulder down.  Seems those changes have been very very hard for me to make.  I'll keep working on it.  As for the pressure points that something I haven't thought about fixing the early extension.  I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks again for the comments.

Just out of curiosity, what was your back issue and why did you have surgery?

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

3 herniated discs with bad sciatica in my right leg and weakness in my leg also.  I had surgery as a last ditch effort.  I went through 3 spinal injections which did nothing to stop the pain and physical therapy didn't help.  Surgery wasn't a miracle worker but, I walked out that night. The sciatica sharp burning pain and weakness in my leg stopped.  I still get muscle spams in my right calf if I over do it with some nerve pain rarely.  I'm not 100% but, it's way better than it was.

project x 6.0

3 herniated discs with bad sciatica in my right leg and weakness in my leg also.  I had surgery as a last ditch effort.  I went through 3 spinal injections which did nothing to stop the pain and physical therapy didn't help.  Surgery wasn't a miracle worker but, I walked out that night. The sciatica sharp burning pain and weakness in my leg stopped.  I still get muscle spams in my right calf if I over do it with some nerve pain rarely.  I'm not 100% but, it's way better than it was.

Take it easy, don't push it, and work with what you've got.  I'm sure it's a frustrating situation for you because you seem pretty fit otherwise.  Keep your chin up (figuratively speaking of course :) and do what your body will let you do.  If you get the hips forward, make sure you straighten your left leg enough to take the pressure off your back.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Thank Bunkerputt.  It's hard going from playing pretty decent golf to struggling.  I don't get to put in the practice anymore due to my back just not being able to take the abuse.  I still do alot of mirror work though but, nothing is like hitting balls.  The swing is getting better I think I'm on the edge of making a big break through.  I use to get mad and was ready to quit the game if I didn't shoot a good round.  After surgery I'm just happy to get out and play without pain.

• Upvote 1

project x 6.0

Here are the latest from this morning.  Through the ball is starting to look better.

project x 6.0

Yep, definitely better.  What feel is helping change the picture?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yep, definitely better.  What feel is helping change the picture?

More rotation on the downswing.   Feels like the club and arms are being pulled along for the ride.

project x 6.0

• Administrator

More rotation on the downswing.   Feels like the club and arms are being pulled along for the ride.

That's funny... I was going to suggest even more. :-) Push the hips forward a bit more (forward on the circle ) to encourage more rotation. Club gets in at P6, hips stop turning, rate of closure gets up a little.

Sounds like you're on it. Keep working on the things you're doing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks good to see I'm on the right track.  It's fun to watch the changes and it takes alot of discipline to keep on track.  I have friends who have taken lessons for years and their swings look the the exact same.  They hit one bad shot and say I'm going back to my old swing.  If I had a nickle for every bad shot I've hit since making changes in my swing I could retire.  I've stuck with it even on the bad days when I shoot in the mid 80s.  I've come to find it comes and goes and the more you practice the changes the more it stays and the less it goes.

project x 6.0

• 5 weeks later...

Not the best quality but, here is the latest in full speed.

project x 6.0

Note: This thread is 2271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!