IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Head movement looks like it's getting better. That's one of my biggest problems. I know most of the things I need to do, but actually doing them is a whole other story....

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

EJ, i see very little forward push of the hips, and instead a lot of spinning.  if you get the hips to slide forward (as you know) this will flatten out that shaft and help you come from the inside.  it becomes difficult to come down so steep if youve made the move forward with the hips and the head stays centered, the shaft almost wants to flatten on its own.

Colin P.

EJ, i see very little forward push of the hips, and instead a lot of spinning.  if you get the hips to slide forward (as you know) this will flatten out that shaft and help you come from the inside.  it becomes difficult to come down so steep if youve made the move forward with the hips and the head stays centered, the shaft almost wants to flatten on its own.

Thanks Colin, I see that too. I've regressed in a few areas while trying to make these changes. I appreciate your input but I'm also committed to being a stupid monkey so I won't let myself be distracted by pieces that aren't being highlighted by my instructors. Just gotta trust them and trust that by working on the pieces assigned to me certain issues will take care if themselves. I also think my hip slide will improve once I'm more comfortable with this particular drill, keep in mind this was first attempt at the drill.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just worked for an hour on my evolvr drill, skipped the alignment stick after the first 15 minutes. A little awkward at first and fell forward a bit too much but got some awesome shaft angles towards the end of my session. Just gotta work on the hips thrust and keeping it from throwing me off balance but when I get it right everything looks SO much better.

I'm going to post a horrible and badly lit 240 fps video just because I'm so proud of what is happening!

Stay tuned!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Sorry about the lighting and I know there's still lots of work to do but DAMN, look at that shaft!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'm going to post a horrible and badly lit 240 fps video just because I'm so proud of what is happening!

Huge improvement after only an hour of working on it. Great job!

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Sorry about the lighting and I know there's still lots of work to do but DAMN, look at that shaft!

On the more serious side, and yes that is tough for me to do, that is some great work!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

On the more serious side, and yes that is tough for me to do, that is some great work!

Thanks Cipher. Really happy with the way this is heading. Just going to work on this for a few hours a week with lots of slow movements mixed in and see if it sticks. The backswing change is comfortable but I still need to find that special feeling for the down swing, it's SO different to anything I've tried before. I also tend to lose my balance a bit (sometimes a lot!) past A7 but it is certainly getting me into some nice positions coming down. I might even be able to keep a driver in play with these changes. :-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Same video, edited for better lighting.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

EJ,  looks good.  What kind of feels were you focusing on?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

EJ,  looks good.  What kind of feels were you focusing on?

However...

My main issue and priority right now is to flatten out my shaft coming down, this will clean up a variety of my lesser issues - standing up, kicking my right knee towards the ball, separating my elbows...all kinds of crap.

What I am doing and/or feeling right now is to slow my hips down on the backswing as I was rotating too far too fast causing my takeaway to be too far inside and on the downswing trying to keep my hips and shoulders closed longer as I push my hips forward. I'm still getting the same RANGE of rotation from my hips but I'm getting it at a different RATE which is allowing it to be more continous rather than all at once.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

However...

My main issue and priority right now is to flatten out my shaft coming down, this will clean up a variety of my lesser issues - standing up, kicking my right knee towards the ball, separating my elbows...all kinds of crap.

What I am doing and/or feeling right now is to slow my hips down on the backswing as I was rotating too far too fast causing my takeaway to be too far inside and on the downswing trying to keep my hips and shoulders closed longer as I push my hips forward. I'm still getting the same RANGE of rotation from my hips but I'm getting it at a different RATE which is allowing it to be more continous rather than all at once.

I understand the warning, just think its interesting to hear the different "feels" that work for people.  Especially different feels that yield the same results.  The more I learn about the golf swing, the less I realize I know.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I understand the warning, just think its interesting to hear the different "feels" that work for people.  Especially different feels that yield the same results.  The more I learn about the golf swing, the less I realize I know.

Another feel I had some success with, as far as preventing the standing up move, was to feel as if my trail ear was facing the ground at impact. It worked pretty well but it was the wrong priority and what I'm working on now is correcting that issue in a indirect (or at least I'm focused somewhere else) way while accomplishing a LOT more changes simultaneously. That's the beauty of 5SK, because you are always working on the REAL priority piece you get to clean up some peripheral issues at the same time without even thinking about them.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Here I am being a stupid monkey in a public place , alignment stick poking outta my pants and everything LOL.

The drilling is probably boring to watch, I just post it as a reference for myself.

And here's what happens when you give me a ball...

and in slow motion...

I'm seeing some nice changes with the back swing, much more on plane going up to A2 whereas I used to be way inside by that point.

The the transition and downswing are still giving me fits and it all seems to be a little chaotic, still have a tendency to lift my trail heel too early if I'm not careful. I'll keep working on this and hopefully evolvr will give me something to help me figure out the transition pieces. Still standing up a bit through the shot but not as bad. FO shots show my elbows separating like a $10 hooker's knees at $20 bingo game. I'll abstain from posting that right now as I'd like maintain a modicum of dignity.

Golf is hard.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

You're doing it right. Good things will happen.

Now, if I may be jocular, permit me to suggest that the new Sand Trap motto go something along the lines of: "Is that an alignment stick poking out of your pants, or are you just pleased to see me?"

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Thanks Stretch. Definitely a WIP but things are changing.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!