IGNORED

My Swing (Beachcomber)

Beachcomber

Is it weird that I had a dream that I played a round of golf with beachcomber?  I tend to think yes.  The upshot is that in the dream I gave him my swingbyte, which I promised to mail him months ago.  So that reminded me that I still need to do that.

(creeps back into a shadowy place)

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dsc123

Is it weird that I had a dream that I played a round of golf with beachcomber?  I tend to think yes.  The upshot is that in the dream I gave him my swingbyte, which I promised to mail him months ago.  So that reminded me that I still need to do that.

(creeps back into a shadowy place)

This has to be one of the funnier post I've read in awhile.  LOL Question, in the dream was I four putting greens?  Or duffing flop shots?  Maybe it wasn't a dream?!  Were you playing against me during Saturdays tourney!?!

PS. I still have the ES12 radar if you want to check it out too in a temporary trade.

Using [URL=http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/grip.htm]http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/grip.htm[/URL] - I also found some great images to help grasp the perfect neutral golf grip.  Here are a few of my favorite images I like to keep in mind when griping the golf club...

Just noticed that in this old post you linked to perfectgolfswingreview.net, Jeff Mann's site. :-) That is all. The swing's looking good, man.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Just noticed that in this old post you linked to perfectgolfswingreview.net, Jeff Mann's site. That is all.

The swing's looking good, man.

Yeah, I respect the amount of time and energy Jeff has put into his site.  And like that it is clutter free, and provides a Wiki in a sense to the golf swing.  While I don't agree with all of his concepts and theories, I think he has done a solid job of mapping out the various teaching methods/swing patterns that are out there on tour.

I've exchanged a few emails with him too... He seems like a nice gentlemen.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I've exchanged a few emails with him too... He seems like a nice gentlemen.

You'll learn.

Seriously, it took him three years to learn that S&T;'s "left tilt" was towards the golf ball when the torso rotated 90° and was not always fixed towards the target. And he hasn't adjusted any of his documents to reflect the many, many other errors people have pointed out in some of his work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This has to be one of the funnier post I've read in awhile.  LOL    Question, in the dream was I four putting greens?  Or duffing flop shots?  Maybe it wasn't a dream?!  Were you playing against me during Saturdays tourney!?!

PS. I still have the ES12 radar if you want to check it out too in a temporary trade.

I've forgotten most of the details unfortunately.  It was a week ago and I was going to post about it the next morning but then thought it would be better not to.  Since then I had a change of heart but also forgot the details.

I like to think that it happened because my outstanding promise to mail the swingbyte was on my mind.  Not that I had been lurking on this thread watching videos of you.  Hence my hesitation.

I'll give the ES12 a try, thanks.  When I finally put the swingbyte in the mail I'll PM you my address.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Ok, I went to the range tonight. And after almost leaving because it was too windy and cold... I decided to film and see if I caught anything new. Nope. Same shitty swing. :~( [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Y1R-tfmqaTI[/VIDEO]

Have you ever hit balls with a tee under your right arm?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Have you ever hit balls with a tee under your right arm?

Yeah for PP5 - I've done that.  I noticed yesterday that my elbow spacing was wider than it should/has been at the top.  I'll revisit this and see if it cleans up the geo.

It does look like less humping on the Face-On.  Dunno if that is slightly improving?  So that is my silver lining...

Ok, I went to the range tonight. And after almost leaving because it was too windy and cold... I decided to film and see if I caught anything new. Nope. Same shitty swing.

You SoCal guys are so spoiled.  Did it drop below 60? My last evolvr video was taken in the snow.

• Upvote 1

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Originally Posted by dsc123

You SoCal guys are so spoiled.  Did it drop below 60?   My last evolvr video was taken in the snow.

Not only that, when I woke up this morning there was this mysterious moisture falling out of the sky.  Bizarre, to say the least.

Not only that, when I woke up this morning there was this mysterious moisture falling out of the sky.  Bizarre, to say the least. :beer: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/68386/] [/URL]

Don't think I could handle cold like that! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Don't think I could handle cold like that!

I know, me neither!

If it wasn't for our crazy fugitive cop killing rambo (I say rambo cuz he's apparently wandering around in the mountains now), the rain would be the lead story in the news. STORM WATCH 2013!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I know, me neither!

the rain would be the lead story in the news.  STORM WATCH 2013!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to get my coffee in the rain this morning and the car said it was 49F.  It was painful.  I do see some sun breaking through the clouds though now... Maybe I'll hit the range?  Probably not.  It's too cold.

Yeah for PP5 - I've done that.  I noticed yesterday that my elbow spacing was wider than it should/has been at the top.  I'll revisit this and see if it cleans up the geo.

It does look like less humping on the Face-On.  Dunno if that is slightly improving?  So that is my silver lining...

Actually looks pretty good from the posterior view.  I don't think that elbow is getting behind the shirt seam but tough to tell with the lighting and black shirt.  What's going to help keep the elbow in check, other than just monitoring it, is to not kick in the extension so much on the back swing.  Experiment with it, take you set up, over do the extension from 1-3, where's the elbow?  Now do the opposite, feel like the chest points towards the ground from 1-3, easier to keep the elbow from sliding back.  Now obviously I don't want you turning in flexion to the point you translate the head but you'll feel less stretch on the back swing.  Think this also help the downswing gets less "stuck".

Mike McLoughlin

Mike, on the back swing... I've been trying to get that right hip deeper at A4 (per James Evolvr lesson 8-6-12)... As it cleans up the right leg from over flexing and head from tilting behind the ball at impact.  I'm also trying to get more extension at A4 to give that right elbow more space to get into the slot on the downswing (so it doesn't get stuck on my side @ A6).  Am I overdoing the extension piece?  I ask as I noticed my left hip (posterior) is coming off the line you have noted.

Note, I've also been trying to get my left knee action working like Mac.  And found that bringing it Away From Target (AFT) at from A1 to A4 helps with the right leg and hip - and gives me better extension.  Then I'm trying to drive that left knee Back To Target (BTT) on the downswing.

I mention the left knee action because it has helped me get the right hip moving back and up.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Actually looks pretty good from the posterior view.  I don't think that elbow is getting behind the shirt seam but tough to tell with the lighting and black shirt.  What's going to help keep the elbow in check, other than just monitoring it, is to not kick in the extension so much on the back swing.  Experiment with it, take you set up, over do the extension from 1-3, where's the elbow?  Now do the opposite, feel like the chest points towards the ground from 1-3, easier to keep the elbow from sliding back.  Now obviously I don't want you turning in flexion to the point you translate the head but you'll feel less stretch on the back swing.  Think this also help the downswing gets less "stuck".

Mike, on the back swing... I've been trying to get that right hip deeper at A4 (per James Evolvr lesson 8-6-12)... As it cleans up the right leg from over flexing and head from tilting behind the ball at impact.  I'm also trying to get more extension at A4 to give that right elbow more space to get into the slot on the downswing (so it doesn't get stuck on my side @ A6).  Am I overdoing the extension piece?  I ask as I noticed my left hip (posterior) is coming off the line you have noted.

Note, I've also been trying to get my left knee action working like Mac.  And found that bringing it Away From Target (AFT) at from A1 to A4 helps with the right leg and hip - and gives me better extension.  Then I'm trying to drive that left knee Back To Target (BTT) on the downswing.

I mention the left knee action because it has helped me get the right hip moving back and up.

Yes which is why I mentioned less flare to help with the left knee motion (5 degrees).  Yes you are overdoing the extension piece imo  More extension than rotation is going to make it worse for you and that right elbow.

Look at Mac.  Check out that right femur (right thigh).  See how it moves away from that line?

This is where I was talking about feeling like you turn more in flexion.  Now you can do this with the left knee or the hip hip deeper but you've got to calm down the thoracic extension, especially if you want to hit draws.  The simple way to say all this is more Zach Johnson, less Monty.  So the left knee would have to go few clicks further in.

See how Mac hasn't gotten rid of all his thoracic extension?  Draw a line from his left hip to his mid back and it will be tilted a little right.  You can also see his right shoulder blade.  Again this will help with the right elbow.

How should the top of the back swing feel and look?  Do these drills.  Film it and see if it looks different.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

I went to the range this afternoon... And it was slammed.  So I didn't get to take any Face-On or Posterior views... I guess that's what happens when it's Sunny and 60F in February?  Gets all the folks out banging balls?   Anyway... I usually film with a 6i.... But I have been absolutely mashing my 8i so I wanted to get it on camera to see if there was anything different about it?

Here is a swing (ball was hurt):

Well, after looking at the video in standard speed - and slow motion... My turning rates look pretty clean.  Much better than they were a year ago.  But here is what I'm stoked about....

This video - I don't know why - but I had an epiphany when watching it!  I noticed that my freaking RIGHT hand and wrist cock is what is causing my closed face at A4.  Not my grip.  Not my left wrist hinge.  I don't know why.... But I've never consider the right hand wrist was over flexing.  This is why my damn face is always closed at A4.  Basically - I need to get more rigid with that hand - and not just left it flop open where the open palm goes skyward at the top (back of palm facing down).

I need m ore of a "I swear to tell the truth" type of Oath right hand - NOT - the current waiter carrying a tray feel I had going. I can't wait to take some new video of this... I finally - FINALLY know what the culprit is after all these months of taking video and analyzing my swing.  Wow... What a freaking relief.  I pumped!!!

People... This is why you need to film your swing.  Because eventually these type of glaring issues will pop out at you.