IGNORED

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

haha!  i saw that...

i cant help it, im a tiger apologist and i hate anyone who beats him.  if i saw YE Yang on the street i would shank him....

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of the best things about this tournament is the course. Sherwood CC is an amazing place, and it shows great on TV. I hope these guys really appreciate where they get to play.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Shorty

Unbelievable. Pseudo science nonsense.

I doubt that you know that for sure.

I don't have the energy to look into it, but it's not like they're selling this stuff in Wal-Mart (or are they?). So it's not like they're trying (yet?) to foist a bunch of crap on people.

You want bad science, look at Gatorade. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I doubt that you know that for sure.

I don't have the energy to look into it, but it's not like they're selling this stuff in Wal-Mart (or are they?). So it's not like they're trying (yet?) to foist a bunch of crap on people.

You want bad science, look at Gatorade. :-)

From their website:

Fuse focus provides revolutionary energy and body replenishment products that combine cutting-edge body absorption technology with two proprietary formulas for powering professional athletes and weekend warriors. Utilizing our unique, bonding technology, Fuse Science has a more effective electrolyte and energy delivery system for consumers ranging from the serious athletes to working mothers.

Errr....how about eating and drinking?

Seems even worse than Gatorade!!!

I rest my case.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

From their website:

Fuse focus provides revolutionary energy and body replenishment products that combine cutting-edge body absorption technology with two proprietary formulas for powering professional athletes and weekend warriors. Utilizing our unique, bonding technology, Fuse Science has a more effective electrolyte and energy delivery system for consumers ranging from the serious athletes to working mothers.

I rest my case.

You haven't made a case!

How about eating and drinking? Guess what? When someone's dehydrated, they use an IV. They don't just make them drink water. There are better, faster ways of getting things into your system than "eating and drinking." I'm not saying they've found a great way, but it's certainly possible to beat "eating and drinking."

• Upvote 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You haven't made a case!

I was referring to the over the top advertising lingo.

And I'm sure that "working mothers" can avoid the intensive care unit by drinking water rather than having IVs thrust into their weary and exhausted forearms.

But... as I said, the fact that the Powerband people have been forced to admit that they are frauds doesn't stop quite a few pros form STILL wearing them. So obviously it (the BS advertising) works.

The language in the bit I quoted is enough to make anyone more than a little cynical about this company's ability to create an " electrolyte and energy delivery system".

But I'm sure that they've got pages of "data" which prove the benefits of their snake oil. Good on them. There'll be thousands of suckers who buy it - just as there are millions who buy bottled tap water at more than double the proce of petrol.

• Administrator

cynical

Cynical isn't proof. That's all I'm saying.

Cynical isn't proof. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, I know that.

From their website:

I rest my case.

Maybe that eating and drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be.  According to the European Union drinking water won't prevent dehydration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

Maybe that eating and drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be.  According to the European Union drinking water won't prevent dehydration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

Good find.

I always was a bit suspicious of people who claimed that water hydrates.

Thank heavens for the EU for saving us!!!!

Tiger can get the W with his Seani e swing if he can control his traj and Kuch doesn't steal it from him.  High fives all around bro!

• Upvote 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

Tiger can get the W with his Seanie swing if he can control his traj and Kuch doesn't steal it from him.  High fives all around bro!

LMFAO

As long as he puts in some more reps with Joey

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

-3 through 4 - tied for 1st

Wind not an issue I guess?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by mvmac

Dana Dahlquist snapped a pic of Tiger's new bag.  He's got a new deal with Fuse Science, a small, Florida-based nutrition company that focuses on energy and body replenishment products in drop form or lotion that can be rubbed into the skin.

I like the logo. The tournament should be fun no matter what. Is there a chance of hail this year?

Note: This thread is 4515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!