IGNORED

Does President Obama play too much Golf?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everyone acts as if Bush 43 gave up golf out of some personal commitment to work after 9/11.  He gave up golf because he made himself look like a doofus (no disrespect, sir) in 2002 when he was talking to reporters on a golf course.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1872183_1872185_1872190,00.html

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

What snarky comments?

Your's stating that if "Romney is elected, let's hope he learns the importance of national security",

and President Obama's intimating that Romney didn't know that we had ships that allowed airplanes to land on them. View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Investigate it and place responsibility.

On this we agree.  Unfortunately, that's the LAST thing the administration wants right now.  Heck, they even lied for weeks as to the cause of the attack, not willing to even acknowledge to the American public that it was an act of Terrorism.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Your's stating that if "Romney is elected, let's hope he learns the importance of national security",

and President Obama's intimating that Romney didn't know that we had ships that allowed airplanes to land on them.

Quote:

Investigate it and place responsibility.

On this we agree.  Unfortunately, that's the LAST thing the administration wants right now.  Heck, they even lied for weeks as to the cause of the attack, not willing to even acknowledge to the American public that it was an act of Terrorism.

See, that's the problem I have with assumptions. You use terms such as lying - which means with an intention to mislead or deceive.

You do not know that.

I have been in situations where you are getting lots of information from various sources at the same time, and you have no idea what is true, or not true.

Am I going to call people "liars"?

I don't think so. I've got to ferret out what is happening, what is a false report, and when it happened, what is true, what is verifiable., etc.

As to snarky, you've got to be kidding. Mitt says let's forget national security for 100 days and just spend time on the economy. It's NOT snarky to state I hope he recognizes the importance of national security. His statements showed a naivety to focus on what he wants  to tackle first. A President must tackle multiple issues at once -- his statements show he is not fit.

Hold old is this guy and he makes off-the-wall statements as he did?

Face it. The guy is weird, inexperienced, and lives, depending on the issue, in the 20's, the 50's, or the '80s.

As to Obama's snark? I thought he went a little too far but he was making a great point -- it's not the number of ships but what the ships can do -- that is what counts. Both Romney and Ryan seem not to "get it."

Face it. These guys are unqualified.

They're just not ready for prime time.

Keystone Cops.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by k-troop

That would be up to the Commandant, possibly the COCOM commander, and the DoS, but I'd guess that the decision was primarily military.

Nope.....

Operational control of the Marine Security Guards (MSG's) falls to the Department of State.  At the embassy or other diplomatic post, the MSG detachment reports to either the Chief of Mission or more commonly the Regional Secturity Officer (RSO).

The Marine Corps chain of command is involved only in training and administration.  A very unique, and sometimes frustrating relationship from a military perspective to say the least.....

In David's bag....

See, that's the problem I have with assumptions. You use terms such as lying - which means with an intention to mislead or deceive. You do not know that.

Yes, we do know that. We know that the President knew that it was a terrorist attack very shortly after it happened. Yet he and his talking heads continued to try to pass it off as a spontaneous response to a heretofore unheard of Utube video. Yep......intention to deceive. But still, back to the OP, he does NOT play too much golf. Hell, we might be better off if he played more! :-D

In David's bag....

Yes, we do know that. We know that the President knew that it was a terrorist attack very shortly after it happened. Yet he and his talking heads continued to try to pass it off as a spontaneous response to a heretofore unheard of Utube video.

Yep......intention to deceive.

But still, back to the OP, he does NOT play too much golf. Hell, we might be better off if he played more!

You dismiss the real world of chaos. Just because a group on Facebook claims it began the attack does not make it so.

Your name ought to be "Six Gun Dave," because you shoot off without facts and without looking at reality.

But it justifies your position so you can sleep at night. Sweet Dreams...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

You dismiss the real world of chaos. Just because a group on Facebook claims it began the attack does not make it so.;-) Your name ought to be "Six Gun Dave," because you shoot off without facts and without looking at reality. But it justifies your position so you can sleep at night. Sweet Dreams...

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.... You really need to start reading more than the Huffington Post and watching something other than MSNBC.

In David's bag....

I think it's a wise move for presidents to refrain from regular recreational activities like golf while in office. Being the president of the US is the single most important job in this country. If you want everything that goes with being POTUS, then some sacrifices for the relatively short time in office are not uncalled for. I'm not suggesting the president never play golf again, but maybe keep it to a round while on vacation or something like that. He (or any president) has the rest of his life to play as much golf as he wants.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt....

You really need to start reading more than the Huffington Post and watching something other than MSNBC.

And you, Fox News - Entertainment.

I read the NY Times Daily, and for balance, The Dallas Morning News .. a conservative paper.

Of course, you can't help it. Most people want the world to be simple, and want to see things in black and white, so they make a reality that doesn't exist. You seem to live in that world by the comments you make. I can't afford to live in a simple world that is not real - I've got to solve real problems every day that are complex and deal with various, complex personalities - some are black and white, some are more subtle, some liberal, others conservative - I've got to filter what they say with their biases and other faults.

Of course, Benghazi was a remote outpost but you want to magnify its importance - Chris Stevens knew the situation on the ground and knew the date - he took a risk. As to the reporting, Mrs. Clinton and the Administration have explained what occurred. If you choose not to believe it because of your biases, fine. But it may not be reality.

Of course, while you make this issue more than it is - a small one --  you probably voted twice for Bush 43 - the man who lied us into Iraq, killed or wounded 40k US serviceman in Iraq, at a direct cost of over $1T, fired a 500k Iraqi Army with weapons, starting an insurgency, when 9/11 occurred on his watch, and installed a tax cut which cost us $1T while attempting to fight two wars, and whose reverence for the free market and lack of regulation helped cause a catastrophic recession.

So excuse me if I question your judgment and motives, and don't take you seriously.

Yes, let's ignore the military professionals who are on the ground on a daily basis managing the Afghan war and advising the President ... yes, that's the answer.

Keep in mind that these guys work for the President so what they tell the public will have some bias.

Former Commander in Afghanistan, Gen McChrystal got fired by President Obama for speaking his mind.  So other "military professionals" probably will think twice before speaking out.

If you ask anyone who has served directly for Gen McChrystal, they would say that he's the one of the best (if not best) leaders that US military had.  It was a great loss that he got fired.

Originally Posted by saevel25

He's only president for 4 years, unless its for public relations like playing golf with another head of state, don't play golf. Do your job for 4 years. After 4 years you can play as much golf as you want.

+100000000

Originally Posted by Dave H

I think it's a wise move for presidents to refrain from regular recreational activities like golf while in office. Being the president of the US is the single most important job in this country. If you want everything that goes with being POTUS, then some sacrifices for the relatively short time in office are not uncalled for. I'm not suggesting the president never play golf again, but maybe keep it to a round while on vacation or something like that. He (or any president) has the rest of his life to play as much golf as he wants.

+10000000000000

This applies to all Presidents, not just Obama.   We don't hate Obama, we just would like him (and future Presidents) to stop playing golf while he's POTUS.

Reflection, multi-quote is your friend.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Yes, we do know that. We know that the President knew that it was a terrorist attack very shortly after it happened. Yet he and his talking heads continued to try to pass it off as a spontaneous response to a heretofore unheard of Utube video.

Yep......intention to deceive.

But still, back to the OP, he does NOT play too much golf. Hell, we might be better off if he played more!

Because some dissident group claims responsiblity on their Facebook and Twitter. Yup, that's proof alright!

I'll be right back. I am going to post on my Facebook page that I am banging Sofia Vargara because that makes it so,

I

Bill M

Originally Posted by reflection

Keep in mind that these guys work for the President so what they tell the public will have some bias.

Former Commander in Afghanistan, Gen McChrystal got fired by President Obama for speaking his mind.  So other "military professionals" probably will think twice before speaking out.

If you ask anyone who has served directly for Gen McChrystal, they would say that he's the one of the best (if not best) leaders that US military had.  It was a great loss that he got fired.

McCrystal rightly tendered his resignation for obvious reasons. What he did was not "professional" in any respect, from leaking his recommendations of troop deployment to his public criticism of the civilian command. So, yeah, maybe the other "professionals" will think twice before speaking out.

There's a very good reason why the POTUS is the Commander in Chief.

Bill M

What a circus - this election!

Coulter calls Obama a Retard.

Trump wants Obama's grades

Everyone wants Mitt's Tax Returns

Mitt Testified in a Divorce Case and "screwed" the wife with testimony to lessen her settlement

Gloria Alred and Obama are in Cahoots

Mitt spray tans before public appearances

Terrorist Groups are hanging out posting on Facebook and lounging at Cafes

Mitt cancels on Whoopi and wont' appear on Letterman

Commercials based on Fiction

Sound Bites are "fixed"

It boils down to this - If Women, Hispanic and Black Voters get out in great numbers, Obama gets to play golf via Marine One.

If the vote doesn't get out (for whatever reasons), we get the Shape Shifter.

Have fun, America.

You get what you deserve, and recently, with all the partisan fighting, it's a big bag of nothin'

Note: This thread is 4188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!