IGNORED

What's Your Best Blind Purchase?

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Getting fit is what we preach, but sometimes that doesn't always work especially with the deals you can score on the Internet.  With that in mind, what is the best blind purchase that you have made that worked out?

My find has to be scoring an Adams IDEA Pro Gold 18* with the S Matrix shaft. I had no previous experience with it and it has become one of my favorite clubs.  At 69.99 new, it was too good to pass up and a risk that paid off.

What's your best gamble?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Everything in my bag and then some. Blind purchases are part of the fun.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Bought a set of MP-53's from 3Balls that were listed as in "Fine" condition for $400, they arrived and appeared to never have been hit, not a single mark on any club and had a valid serial number.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bought a set of MP-53's from 3Balls that were listed as in "Fine" condition for $400, they arrived and appeared to never have been hit, not a single mark on any club and had a valid serial number.

Basically the same deal. Bought my son used MP 60's from 3Balls, looked like they hadn't even been hit!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I bought my Titleist 735 CMs blind, but I knew the s300 shafts would fit me and I had them adjusted for lie when they arrived.  The Adams was a total guess as I had never hit one, but I had read some good reviews.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

picked up my bridgestone j33 cb's for $125 from a friend who needed money. Best thing ive done for my game.

nike sq dymo str8 fit 9.5º  stiff
cobra baffler 3 wood stiff / cobra baffler 18º hybrid stiff
cobra sz irons stiff (soon to be bridgestone j33)
Cleveland 52, 56, 60 cg14
odyssey 2 dot putter / taylormade penta tp, prov1, callaway hx tour (have a few boxes of each from the past couple seasons)

Quote:

I bought my Titleist 735 CMs blind, but I knew the s300 shafts would fit me and I had them adjusted for lie when they arrived. ...

Best deal was a semi-blind purchase of Callaway X20 Tour irons this time last year.

In 2008-09, I dumped stiff shafts across the board in favor of R flex. I was switching irons for the first time in 14 years, and hit a variety of GI and SGI irons. I tried out X20 Tours with 5.0 rifle, but ended up buying X20 irons with Uniflex shafts (between S and R) for extra forgiveness.

X20s were OK, except a little klunky out of the rough, and not that much feel. Anyway, I stumbled across some X20 Tours on Callaway PreO, 30% off with free shipping for Christmas. I got a $220 trade in for the X20s, and ended up getting  the X20 Tours for a net $120: PX 5.0 rifle-flighted shafts, and the clubs had never been hit.

This improved my scoring on par 3 holes, but I sprained my right wrist twice the past season and started having major problems with tee shots (as in OB). My golf pro says the X20 Tours fit me well, but I need to gain control of my driver and woods.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I picked up a nickent 4dx hybrid for $15 and it's one of my favorite clubs.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I picked up a nickent 4dx hybrid for $15 and it's one of my favorite clubs.

Funny that you posted this.  I picked one up on Saturday for $20 brand new (although it has a senior flex shaft) so I will be reshafting it.  I hear this club is fantastic

My irons, wedges, and driver were all blind purchases and all were great. Had to swap a shaft on my driver and regrip my irons, but aside from that...great blind purchases.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Picked up a used Wishon 949 MC 4wood shafted with a stiff UST V2 65g shaft for $40. Had never hit the 949MC before but heard good things about it and I generally prefer a low profile head in my fairway woods. Something about the V2 shaft just fits my swing and I crush this club. Always dead straight or a baby draw.

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

The Titleist 910D2 was blind despite being told that I should get fitted and adjusted. I decided not to and it's actually the best driver I've hit.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I bought a TM R580XD off of shopgoodwill.com for $25 shipped. It's in really great condition too. I also bought a 3-PW of KC OSII and an Odyssey White Steel #1. Waiting on those to get here, hopefully those are just of good as a purchase. I only spent $150 shipped for the Driver, Irons, and Putter.

I'd have a lot of good ones being left handed.  It is hard to find what you want at the golf stores.

I'd say my best is my putter.  I have a Mizuno Bettinardi C-05 and love it.  Payed 50 bucks shipped.  I really don't see how I could like it any more.  Other mentionables are my Titleist 775CBs I got for 220 shipped in good condition, and my 5 and 7 wood G5 pings.  I had the 3 so it wasn't totally blind.

Brian

My Nike Dymo 3wood (UST S Shaft)....probably one of the most under rated 3woods out there.  It's very forgiving, beautiful off of the tee, even better off the turf and sounds great.  By far, it's the best Blind purchase in my bag.

Second place will have to be my Scotty Cameron Del Mar.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I got my White Steel #1 and KC Set today. The putter is in great condition, and the iron set was a great buy too. I'm glad I didn't go with clones as I saved some decent money buying used/old equipment

Note: This thread is 4514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!