IGNORED

Slow Play Promise and Petition

iacas
Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sure. It`s okay when people do test swings etc. even if it`s just a practice round. But when people leave the bags in the most misplaced places, test swings 5-6 times, stops in front of the green of a par 3 to write down the score on the scorecard while people is right behind them etc. it really pisses me off.

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not opposed to slow golf and enjoy taking my time.

Yer i don't mind playing a slowish round of golf it helps me to concerntrate.

But i dont like queing up at tee boxs with 2 groups in front of us still to tee off.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

sry for the newbie questions
but how long should it take a beginner like me to play a round ?
can a time be set to a standard score give or take a few shots?
like is 4 hrs what it takes a 100 stroke round ?
or is 4 hrs more like a 80 stroke round ?
and us 100+ guys ( dont really know what i'll shot being i havent played yet)
gonna take longer than the 4 hrs ?
and will the better players understand and have patients with us newbies
that are just learning the game that they have already learned?

thx

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

sry for the newbie questions

I've been worried about slow play since I began. It used to take me 80 strokes to play 9 holes and I'd play in about 2:15. Now I take about 100 strokes to play 18 holes, and I play in just about four hours, not counting the time enqueued at the tee box. In short, there are a few ways you can do better: * limit your practice swings. Tiger takes 5 or so, but there's a lot more riding on the result of his shot than on yours. Take a practice swing, take a second if the first is truly awful, step up, and hit the ball. As awful as it sounds to say, this isn't going to affect your score very much, if at all. * Select your club quickly. Have a pre-determined rule for what to do when you're between clubs. For example, my rule is to always overclub if I'm uncertain (i.e., if I'm not sure between 5 and 4 iron, I take the 4), unless there's serious trouble in back of my target and very little in front. You probably know your distance to your target; if not, estimate it. Be alert for yardage markers as you move, and really, there's no sense stomping them out until you hit a given distance consistently. * Oh, and know your distances, or at least a good estimate. I see people hitting pitching wedge - or even other wedges! - into long par-4s and leaving it 50 yards short. In addition to being poor course management - 50 yards is an awful tough shot to make - they're plainly placing machismo ahead of etiquette too. If I'm 7-iron distance out -- that's 125 yards for me -- there's no way I can muscle my pitching wedge, which I average about 95 yards. It goes with this that you don't care what club your partners hit, unless they share your distances. A friend of mine hits his pitching wedge 150 yards -- not bragging, I've seen him do it repeatedly. That's a 4-Iron for me. How long would we be on the course if I tried hitting the same club he did each time? * Don't read your putt from 4 angles. Read the green as you approach it (you'd be surprised what you can see from 100 yards out - I was!), take a brief read from behind the ball, take a practice swing, and hit it. While reading, it's OK to mark, clean, and replace the ball, especially if it helps you make your putt more certain. * Don't play ball marker derby. After a putt, if there's a good chance you'll sink the next one, and can do so without stepping in another's line (or step in my line, go ahead. Everyone else did), go ahead and knock it in. Unless you're playing for money, no one can really object to this. * Ready golf. It's a par-5, you have 300 yards to go for your second shot and that guy at 320 is swinging his 3-Wood waiting for the green to clear? Go ahead and hit yours to layup distance. If he complains and talks about your etiquette, mention that there's no way he's hitting the green from that far out, and he's promoting slow play, a far worse etiquette violation than playing ready golf could be considered to be. * Par-3s: wave up the group behind you, unless you're a hole behind. This means get to the green, mark your balls, and wave 'em up. Then take cover. They hit their tee shots, and you guys go putt while they walk to their tee shots and prepare approach shots. It allows some par-3s to at least partially parallelize the processing of players. There's a good rule of wrist -- fast players don't always think they're slow, but I've never met a slow player who didn't think he was fast.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But i dont like queing up at tee boxs with 2 groups in front of us still to tee off.

Are you serious? And I think there is much waiting here in Norway. That`s really frustrating. I guess playing golf here in Norway isn`t that bad after all. I`ve heard alot about and experienced it myself while playing in Spain/Portugal/Africa/USA/Asia that people often steal untagged balls etc. Nobody steals balls here in Norway, we only pick up lost balls that are beyond doubt lost. We never really wait that much either, although some players, both good and bad when it comes to skills, waste time.

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

i'm jumpin aboard

signed...

The Bag: Hoofer Vantage (Black on Blue)
In the bag...
Driver: X460
5 Wood: Zing 2
7 Wood: Zing 2Irons: X20 Steel ShaftPutter: Scotty Cameron Newport Detour

Signed! Woo hoo
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

*signed*

Yes Yes Yes
Currently in my titleist.gif X86 stand bag:

taylormade.gif R7 Superquad 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board); taylormade.gif R7 15*; titleist.gif 585H 21*, adams.gif ---*; --- 4-9 (KBS); vokey.gif [48*], 56*, 60* (SM); cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2 Midslant 34"

Ball - titleist.gif Pro V1X

I will do my part.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

• 3 weeks later...
I add my name to the fast play petition and will encourage others to HURRY UP, and will try to play my rounds in four hours or less!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

My problem (one among many) is I am concerned about those behind us. I'm the idiot to be sure because so many others could care less about others. Now I'm no golfing Mater Teresa or anything but if I notice our group is holding another up I'll urge the guys to shift gears. The only problem with being concerned with others having a good time is it is not always a reciprocal thing. It has been said that golf tests you more as a person than as an athlete - frankly I am more impressed by politeness than I am by a monster drive or any other shot for that matter. Rudeness is the general way of the world - how nice it would be if we could at least get beyond that when we play our impossible game. dayll

nothing bothers me more than a guy who takes 5 practice swings leading up to a shank into the woods, who then re-tees a new ball and repeats.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I'm in on this. For sure. A couple days ago a group cut in front of us because there was a little bit of space.. and proceeded to slow us up on EVERY following shot. At one point, all four of us had our shots in different areas of the hole and we were all standing at our balls for about 5-10 minutes waiting for these jokers to get off the green so we could hit our second shots. Point taken... unlike us, these guys would drive to one ball, hit it, go to the other and duff it and circle back and forth to another ball.. ridiculous.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Amen. Also please give me the strength to remind others to repair their ball marks!
In my Sun Mountain Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad 10.5°
3 wood: TaylorMade R7 Steel
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 2i(18*), 3i(20*)Irons: Titleist Ap2Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50* Oil Can & 54* SMPutter: Odyssey Black Series #1 / Ping Piper I-Series

Mark me down as signed up. I got stuck behind a fivesome today that as we were walking off the green says "hey if you catch us we'll let u play through if you like" WHAT DID WE JUST DO????

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

I'm in, I played a round in about 2 hours 30 minutes yesterday and that's because I had no-one slow in front. Usually I would take 3 hours 30 minutes because of people in front.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!