IGNORED

TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More

Note: This thread is 2261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I wish True made non-golf shoes so I could wear them all the time.

I wear mine all the time. Not every model, but most of them.

I know I am going to get it because I know some people around here wear them all the time even to exercise but I just cant do it.  My Sensei's are so comfortable and I love them, I just wish they would make something similar without "spikes"

Those are the best models to wear everywhere. They're just a sole. It's fine. It's not like it has SoftSpikes in them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear mine all the time. Not every model, but most of them.

Those are the best models to wear everywhere. They're just a sole. It's fine. It's not like it has SoftSpikes in them.

I know you do!!  I agree they are the best to wear and don't get me wrong, I love them!!  They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned, let along a golf shoe.  The problem with the "spikes" are they can be loud when walking on hardwood and I have a 15 month old and they leave marks/indention on carpet.  I just wish they had something with a less abrasive sole

I am thinking about picking up my second pair

played the back nine tonight Barefoot The more exclusive the course, the more likely I play barefoot.  I could care less who thinks what.  I caddied for my brother barefoot at Camargo Club in Cincinnati Ohio for the US Open qualifier a few years back too..that was one nice track by the way..

Absolutely love golfing barefoot.  I don't get to do it very often, but on beautiful late evenings on a lush course as the sun sets with my little boy... it's heaven on earth.

After reading so much about True's, I had been toying around with buying some.   I had tried on the Proto's at Golf Galaxy and discovered I needed to drop down from a 12 to an 11.5 for proper fit.   So anyway, I found a smoking deal on some True Stealth's, so I bought them.  I gotta say, the first time I put them on, I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had ever seen!   Furthermore, even though I thought they were pretty comfortable to walk in,  the first time I golfed in them, I was underwhelmed.   The feel was so different I wasn't sure I was going to like them at all.  I actually went back to my Ecco Street's for a round and then decided today to try the True's again.   This time, they felt very good and surprisingly, they didn't even look as bad the second time (Perhaps the creases from the previous wearing made a difference?).   I don't see these as something to wear on a sloppy course but otherwise I suspect I will be wearing them more than any other golf shoes I have..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

After reading so much about True's, I had been toying around with buying some.   I had tried on the Proto's at Golf Galaxy and discovered I needed to drop down from a 12 to an 11.5 for proper fit.   So anyway, I found a smoking deal on some True Stealth's, so I bought them.  I gotta say, the first time I put them on, I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had ever seen!   Furthermore, even though I thought they were pretty comfortable to walk in,  the first time I golfed in them, I was underwhelmed.   The feel was so different I wasn't sure I was going to like them at all.  I actually went back to my Ecco Street's for a round and then decided today to try the True's again.   This time, they felt very good and surprisingly, they didn't even look as bad the second time (Perhaps the creases from the previous wearing made a difference?).   I don't see these as something to wear on a sloppy course but otherwise I suspect I will be wearing them more than any other golf shoes I have..

Kind of had the same experience. I bought the Sensei's first. I liked the feel "OK"...another golfer asked me if I stole them from a nursing home lol. Very hard for me to look at them. They just don't appeal to me, and they have a weird toe shape (but that is pretty much any golf shoe...although, I can't figure out why it's so difficult for shoe manufactures to create a "normal" looking shoe).

The Gent is the best looking shoe that TRUE puts out, IMO. They are super comfortable to walk in too. I've had mine for a few months and they are holding up great.

I wish Nike would take their Roshe design, shape, and fit, and put soft spikes on the bottom.

I like how the recent models are narrower. I prefer Nike over Adidas, partly because they are wider, but the first Trues are very wide.

My current favorite shoes is an Ecco pair, with the Trues in second. I've had some issues with a fold/crease on the right shoe that rubs on my big toe. I've sometimes gotten a nagging sore there after a round.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I like how the recent models are narrower. I prefer Nike over Adidas, partly because they are wider, but the first Trues are very wide.

My current favorite shoes is an Ecco pair, with the Trues in second. I've had some issues with a fold/crease on the right shoe that rubs on my big toe. I've sometimes gotten a nagging sore there after a round.

Yep, I had the same issue with one of the all leather version of True's I bought

Sensei is a good comparison, probably. They're a bit more snug, like the Sensei. More snug than the… Protos, Tours, etc. They're also not cloth and fabric, but leather, so they feel more snug once on, too. The sensei felt a little "looser" once on because the fabric would stretch just that teeny bit more than leather does.

Not snug in a bad way.

Yep, pretty much spot on. The Sensei do feel a bit looser compared to the Lyt Dry. I do like the more snug feel of the Lyt Dry. I know they will loosen up over time as I wear the more. About a perfect fit for my foot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

One week later and I am a bona fide True convert!!   I've played golf 5 of the last 7 days and worn the Trues every day.  I have really come to like the feel of the barefoot platform and wider toe box.   I'm also rethinking my original thought that these wouldn't be good in wet conditions.   I spent a couple of hours on the range the other day in them, right after they had watered it.   It was fairly moist (not a mud pit but not much better than the worst conditions I have had on the course)  and I found the traction to be on par with my spiked ones..    Gotta admit, that caught me off guard but in a good way...    I just hope these hold up well...

Based on what you guys are saying, I hope they keep making some of the wider versions in addition to the Lyt Dry versions.   Even though my foot is probably a normal width (D width), the "wideness" is one of the things I am finding the most appealing about them..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Some of you guys have me a bit worried.  I have a older version of the tours, and I absolutely love them.  But, a little hot in the summer so I have been thinking of getting some sensei's.  But all of this talk everywhere about the toe box being narrower has me a bit worried.  The reason why I am such a true fan is because of the extra wide toe box and being wide through the arch area.  Really the only pair of gold shoes that I have ever owned that were truly comfortable...I just hope that they have not ruined that for me.....

Some of you guys have me a bit worried.  I have a older version of the tours, and I absolutely love them.  But, a little hot in the summer so I have been thinking of getting some sensei's.  But all of this talk everywhere about the toe box being narrower has me a bit worried.  The reason why I am such a true fan is because of the extra wide toe box and being wide through the arch area.  Really the only pair of gold shoes that I have ever owned that were truly comfortable...I just hope that they have not ruined that for me.....

I emailed True this week and was told they have stopped making the Tour, Proto and Stealth models.    So all they have at this point apparently is the narrower models.    They did say to check back because they would be offering some new models in the near future.

I have a couple of pairs of Proto's and a pair of Sensei's, and I wear the Sensei's the most.  I don't think the toe box is that much narrower.

Had my first foot slippage ever in a pair of Trues. Wasn't even that wet, stepped on a 52* and my trail foot slipped a good six inches just a fraction before impact. Pulled the snot out the shot! :-P Must have really nailed by key#2 on that one.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

In virtually all cases where you lose your grip with TRUEs, you'd have lost them with other shoes as well. Plastic spikes are great for golf courses and comfort, but they do give up a little traction over metal spikes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll take comfort, convenience and an occasional slip before going back to any spiked shoe. Being able to put on shoes at home, wear them to work, easy to drive in etc. is enough for me.

Dave :-)

I emailed True this week and was told they have stopped making the Tour, Proto and Stealth models.    So all they have at this point apparently is the narrower models.    They did say to check back because they would be offering some new models in the near future.

That is disappointing.  I have both Tours and Proto's and love the super-wide toe-boxes.  I have a pair of sensei as well but they are definitely narrower on my feet.  I don't much care for any of their other models, I guess I will have to start looking elsewhere for shoes next season.

Brad

Damn looks like the Sensei is dead too. But they have a new loafer. I hope they do something different in 2015. The Lyt and Vegas are just bad. I suppose they would be a good choice for the golfer that works in an assisted living facility and wants to sneak out for a quick 9 without changing shoes.

Dave :-)

Anyone know any reasonable equivalents to the Tour and Proto shoes?  I kinda stopped looking once I found the original TRUE Tour model and have remained brand loyal until now.

Brad

Note: This thread is 2261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!