IGNORED

Your Golden Rule

lostmyballs
Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Driving is overrated.

Not if you play on a course with trees.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Don't swing harder.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by Shorty

Not if you play on a course with trees.

Yeah. I've never played a course with trees.

My point is, you can make double from the middle of the fairway (I have), and birdie from the trees (I have). Driving is overrated.

Hey, it's my Golden Rule.

Saying certain aspects of the game are overrated is overrated.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah I'm sure you approach every round with that thought. How's that work for you?

Look guys...that's my Golden Rule. It keeps my attitude up if I hit a bad drive, that I can still recover & make a par. Is this a difficult concept to grasp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah I'm sure you approach every round with that thought. How's that work for you?

Look guys...that's my Golden Rule. It keeps my attitude up if I hit a bad drive, that I can still recover & make a par. Is this a difficult concept to grasp?

Every aspect of the game is important to me. That's how I approach my round. I play with a lot of short knockers who whine about long drivers who can't hit the fairway, then they proceed to hit their ball into trouble . . . 150 yards off the tee. For me to saying something, anything, that has an effect on my score is overrated is overrated. I can make a decent number in spite of bad shots off the tee, but having to aim away from the flag or even away from the green on most approaches makes for a pretty frustrating round, in general.

I really doubt you approach every tee shot with the attitude of, "it really doesn't matter where this goes because my next two shots will make up for it". If that's honestly your approach, then no, I do not grasp it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

No, I don't approach it that way. You're putting words in my mouth (or keyboard heh).

When I'm over my tee ball I am trying my very best to put the ball in play to set up my next shot, like I approach every shot. However, I don't put undue pressure on myself should things not work out as planned. If I knock one in the junk I will tell myself, don't sweat it. Driving's overrated.

It works the other way too. If I stripe one down the middle I remind myself that the hole is far from over & that I need to bring it home with a good approach & putt. Because you can still butcher a hole from the middle of the fairway. I've done it often.

Make sense? If yes, good. If not, fine. It works for me. Cuz I don't believe this thread was intended to convince anybody of anything, but to state what our golden rule is. You don't have to own it, don't have to agree with it. Don't even have to understand it. Tho I do hope I've helped you to understand how I think out there. If you're still unclear PM me.

No, I don't approach it that way. You're putting words in my mouth (or keyboard heh).

When I'm over my tee ball I am trying my very best to put the ball in play to set up my next shot, like I approach every shot. However, I don't put undue pressure on myself should things not work out as planned. If I knock one in the junk I will tell myself, don't sweat it. Driving's overrated.

It works the other way too. If I stripe one down the middle I remind myself that the hole is far from over & that I need to bring it home with a good approach & putt. Because you can still butcher a hole from the middle of the fairway. I've done it often.

Make sense? If yes, good. If not, fine. It works for me. Cuz I don't believe this thread was intended to convince anybody of anything, but to state what our golden rule is.

As the saying goes, you drive for show, but you putt for dough.

• Upvote 1

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Eliminate the left side of the course!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

When I'm over my tee ball I am trying my very best to put the ball in play to set up my next shot, like I approach every shot. .

That I agree with.

Make exciting scores with a boring, predictable shots, rather than making unpredictable scores with exiting shots.

Taylormade Burner Superfast TP 2010 9.5 - Matrix Ozik HD6 Stiff 44.5" (0.5" tipped, 1.5" butt trimmed reweighted D1)
Ping Rapture V2 3strong wood 13.5 - Diamana 63 g35t Stiff 42.5"
Cleveland Launcher DST 2hy 18* - Ultralite Diamana Red 74 Stiff 40.5"
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW standard loft/lie/length - Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled GW 52/8*
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled SW 56/14*
Spalding TPM-4 Putter (circa 1988)
Bridgestone B330RX balls.

Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!