IGNORED

How Many Tournaments will Tiger win in 2012?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tiger wins ___ events this year

• Zero
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5 or More

I'm going with 1-2 this year and 3-4 next year. I agree that his putting game is holding him back right now, but with a healthy year under his belt I'm guessing he'll be almost back to form by the end of the season.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Johnny Miller made sure to get his vote in

His prediction is rather specific.  Utterly convinced that he'll win 4 more majors, but skeptical that he can pull out 5.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In his two tournements, Tiger has played in the final groud and penultimate group -- and neither week did he have anything close to his "A" game -- I think he is close to turning the corner.

Could we be so lucky to see a Phil/Tiger re-match on Sunday at Augusta?

Tiger wins one Major this year (the Open Championship) and three tournaments overall --  near miss at Augusta

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

[URL=http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/johnny-miller-says-tiger-will-tie-jack%E2%80%99s-record-not-break-it]Johnny Miller[/URL] made sure to get his vote in

Thanks for the link. Miller says 30-40 more wins but only four of them majors, which doesn't make much sense, because that's only a 10% majors rate, and up to now, about 20% of Tiger's wins have been majors (and another 22% have been WGC's), which indicates that Tiger gets up for the big events more than the small ones. Or, possibly, other players choke more at big events. Either way, I can't see Tiger winning 40 more events and only four majors. Actually, although I never would have guessed Miller would give Tiger more credit than I do, I don't see 40 more wins. I'd guess 25 or so, except that would put him so close to 100 that he'd probably want to hang on and win 4 more, to make it an even 100 and set another world record for Easiest Stat To Remember. In fact, maybe once he does it, that will become a bigger deal than his majors record, which will probably be around 20 by then. Given the quality of his wins, I'd say it was the tougher feat.

I think he will win 3 regular season tournaments and the Masters. I 'm going to the PGA so I hope he plays well there but not sure The Ocean Course sets up for him...but what do I know....he may have it all working by then.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I think he will win 3 regular season tournaments and the Masters. I 'm going to the PGA so I hope he plays well there but not sure The Ocean Course sets up for him...but what do I know....he may have it all working by then.

I've heard a few pros and big-time reporters say Tiger has a good chance at the PGA, because the way they are going to set up the course will eliminate half the field.

Originally Posted by brocks

I've heard a few pros and big-time reporters say Tiger has a good chance at the PGA, because the way they are going to set up the course will eliminate half the field.

In terms of length?  Making it really long to eliminate half the field?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

They should set it up so that it eliminates all but 17 other players personally selected by Tiger.  Then, if he birdies the last two holes, he might be able to win.  Oh yeah, and it might help if the number 2 guy intentionally misses a few putts coming down the stretch.

Kevin

[QUOTE name="brocks" url="/t/55658/how-many-tournaments-will-tiger-win-in-2012/18#post_680210"] I've heard a few pros and big-time reporters say Tiger has a good chance at the PGA, because the way they are going to set up the course will eliminate half the field.[/QUOTE] In terms of length?  Making it really long to eliminate half the field?

I assume they meant length, because John Hawkins, for one, said it just last week on Morning Drive, and I don't see any other part of Tiger's current game that he could have been talking about.

[QUOTE name="brocks" url="/t/55658/how-many-tournaments-will-tiger-win-in-2012/18#post_680210"] I've heard a few pros and big-time reporters say Tiger has a good chance at the PGA, because the way they are going to set up the course will eliminate half the field.[/QUOTE] They should set it up so that it eliminates all but 17 other players personally selected by Tiger.  Then, if he birdies the last two holes, he might be able to win.  Oh yeah, and it might help if the number 2 guy intentionally misses a few putts coming down the stretch.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if it's the Chevron, you are wrong both times. Only two of the players in that field are "personally selected" by anyone, and Zach didn't throw the match. Do you really hate Tiger that much?

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if it's the Chevron, you are wrong both times. Only two of the players in that field are "personally selected" by anyone, and Zach didn't throw the match.

Do you really hate Tiger that much?

No, I like Tiger--I just felt like being a smarta$$.

Kevin

I haven't heard that. How did they set up differently?

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

[quote name="brocks" url="/t/55658/how-many-tournaments-will-tiger-win-in-2012/18#post_680210"] I've heard a few pros and big-time reporters say Tiger has a good chance at the PGA, because the way they are going to set up the course will eliminate half the field.

I haven't heard that. How did they set up differently? [/quote] AFAIK, they are talking about its length, which will be over 7600 yards. To the best of my knowledge, only two other majors have been contested on courses that long --- the 2008 US Open, which Tiger won, and the 2009 PGA, where Tiger finished second after leading most of the way.

AFAIK, they are talking about its length, which will be over 7600 yards. To the best of my knowledge, only two other majors have been contested on courses that long --- the 2008 US Open, which Tiger won, and the 2009 PGA, where Tiger finished second after leading most of the way.

Great, so Tiger will have to use his driver more....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

[QUOTE name="brocks" url="/t/55658/how-many-tournaments-will-tiger-win-in-2012/18#post_680465"] AFAIK, they are talking about its length, which will be over 7600 yards. To the best of my knowledge, only two other majors have been contested on courses that long --- the 2008 US Open, which Tiger won, and the 2009 PGA, where Tiger finished second after leading most of the way.[/QUOTE] Great, so Tiger will have to use his driver more....:-)

Believe it or not, Tiger is currently 4th in driving accuracy for the 2012 PGA season. I realize that the stat doesn't take into account which club you actually use, but even Tiger's 3-metal is going over 300 yards when he flushes it.

So they are obviously building more tee boxes because I thought that course is only like 7300...only, ha.   If that is the case, then he and the long guys will definitely be the favorites because there is a lot of trouble on that course...especially if there is wind.  So if he is hitting that 3 wood like he has been and starts putting, he's gotta be the favorite.  Looking forward to watching it!

AFAIK, they are talking about its length, which will be over 7600 yards. To the best of my knowledge, only two other majors have been contested on courses that long --- the 2008 US Open, which Tiger won, and the 2009 PGA, where Tiger finished second after leading most of the way.

Believe it or not, Tiger is currently 4th in driving accuracy for the 2012 PGA season. I realize that the stat doesn't take into account which club you actually use, but even Tiger's 3-metal is going over 300 yards when he flushes it.

Only played one tournament

I kid....he drove it pretty good in Abu Dhabi too, so hopefully he's sorted it out

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!