IGNORED

2012 Accenture Match Play Discussion Thread

brocks
Note: This thread is 4463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Furyk on the other hand...he looks like his mom should dress him. Remember when he used to wear those button up golf shirts?

I was TRYING to forget. Thanks......

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I realized it was a joke, but I didn't' know faldo was particularly vocal.

Let me rephrase that. He hasn't been vocal about banning....he has been very vocal about how much it helps you. And kuchars point was that it didn't help him at all. And I think he just wanted to give Faldo a little ribbing

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

[quote name="Shorty" url="/t/55804/2012-accenture-match-play-discussion-thread/252#post_682955"]

[/quote] So I just searched for a worst dressed on tour thread because of our convo and this is a funny comment I found in a thread from 2006. I thought it was pretty hilarious. [quote name="boofyshank" url="/t/3477/best-dressed-player-on-the-tour/18#post_28435"]
None

Jim Furyk should be banned from the PGA tour untill he swears never to wear those button up, sunken chested, house coats ever again. At very least he should be fined part of his earnings.[/quote] Okay...match play talk only. I promise

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwmusic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

I was TRYING to forget. Thanks......

So I just searched for a worst dressed on tour thread because of our convo and this is a funny comment I found in a thread from 2006. I thought it was pretty hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boofyshank View Post
None

Jim Furyk should be banned from the PGA tour untill he swears never to wear those button up, sunken chested, house coats ever again. At very least he should be fined part of his earnings.

Okay...match play talk only. I promise

You can't bring that up then go back the tournament. Nobody gets off that easy!!

http://www.peppergifts.com/performancecamps.htm

perfiormancampsflyer.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Movin on up!
Current Rankings for thesandtrap
Rank Player Projected Winner Tie-Breaker Answer Score
189 mc, j Luke Donald 17 59
415 Manzana, R Tiger Woods 17 55
1146 Noland, D Rory McIlroy 18 49
1485 Ho, S Rory McIlroy 2 47
1705 James, M Rory McIlroy 17 46
3204 Harriff, D Tiger Woods 18 41
3204 Wasem, J Sergio Garcia 20 41
6323 Barzeski, E Tiger Woods 31 32
6613 Locati, R Tiger Woods 23 31
6922 brown, r Charl Schwartzel 16 30
7210 Jack, S Tiger Woods 17 29
7767 Weiss, J Luke Donald 18 27
8020 zwicks, z Zach Johnson 16 26

David

You can't bring that up then go back the tournament. Nobody gets off that easy!!

http://www.peppergifts.com/performancecamps.htm

perfiormancampsflyer.jpg

Ha ha! Thank you for finding this!!!! This is going to be my wallpaper on my computer for a while...Those are the ugliest shirts on the planet. My dad wears shirts like that to this day.

Originally Posted by Shorty

McIlroy (the second worst dressed golfer on the planet) usually wears.

How is McIlroy in the group of worst dressed?  He just wears conservative golf clothing.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

How is McIlroy in the group of worst dressed?  He just wears conservative golf clothing.

I'm siding with shorty on this one. Have you not seen some of these shirts he has been wearing? I think the shirt he wore in the last round of the masters may have lost him the tournament! There is nothing classic about them. The shirts aren't all bad but some are so hideous that they overshadow his classic outfits. And he doesn't coordinate very well....today he wore a conservative red shirt but decided to wear a red belt. Thats a rookie mistake. Personally, I don't like anything Oakley. I guarantee he leaves Oakley When his contract runs out...just like Keegan did. I bet he goes with some high fashion company that doesn't necessarily do golf attire.

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

2011 Open outfits. Obviously not his own choices, but whoever it is at Oakley who does choose them needs to be sacked. Not to mention the designers. Yuk.

See anything here you fancy? Even if it fitted properly?

And don't get me wrong here. I consider Mcilroy to be te best player on the planet by a considerable margin, and one of the nicest guys on tour.

Rory Open outfits crop.jpg

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I second that emotion!   I guarantee it isn't a woman.  I picture a bunch of meat heads in mesh shorts, tank tops and their 1991 Oakley Blades picking out what Rory is gonna wear every week.

And yes, Rory is the best on the planet!!  I hope Tiger gets it going again so those two can battle it out for next 10 years!!

2011 Open outfits. Obviously not his own choices, but whoever it is at Oakley who does choose them needs to be sacked. Not to mention the designers. Yuk.

And don't get me wrong here. I consider Mcilroy to be te best player on the planet by a considerable margin, and one of the nicest guys on tour.

Sure, The white pants and the solid blue shirt on the right would be a good combo with a white belt. I own quite a few adidas items which i consider to be the best golf clothing there is. The formotion shirts are very light materials and fit quite well so you don't look like a muppet. I'd say Dustin Johnson is perhaps the best dressed on Tour. Not a fan of the massive Oakley buckles though...

102257398.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6683A15DCC63D3505DB26303146AAFC862F92788A8E59F2F1

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Battle of the Pings!

Does anyone think that a players club choices/endorsement/sponsorship influence the golfing public?

Yes, I think folks are influenced by what the pros use. I'm not a ping guy, but I think there are three ping players in the final four. Bracket-wise I need Rory to win this AM and lose this afternoon. Honestly I'm just hoping for close matches.

Note: This thread is 4463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!