IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

I started to doing the fast option for chipping. it works, but if you are slightly off you are screwed.  I do it for all my putts under 7-8 feet as well...it takes the break out and goes in most of the time.

Also, I just now noticed that the tournaments that you are setting up aren't Tour Pro and allow you to use spin.   I think you should still make them custom with the grid, but no spin.  I never use spin because it is completely unrealistic...its like saying when you talk to your ball, but it actually listens.  It will also prevent guys from shooting -64.   How is that even fun?  I stopped using the spin years ago because the game got so boring...way too easy.   I am not saying you have to put it on tournament style, but at least take away spin.  Just my opinion.

As the guy who posted the -64, I didn't actually use the spin. I didn't even realize it was on until halfway through the 3rd round. I always set my shots to land soft, and the course having slow conditions with almost no wind made it easy. Didn't hurt that it was at Sawgrass (one of my favorites) where I have the gold mastery.

Perhaps the next tourney could have at least fast conditions to make it a little challenging? Also, turn off putt previews.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Originally Posted by Whiskey84

As the guy who posted the -64, I didn't actually use the spin. I didn't even realize it was on until halfway through the 3rd round. I always set my shots to land soft, and the course having slow conditions with almost no wind made it easy. Didn't hurt that it was at Sawgrass (one of my favorites) where I have the gold mastery.

Perhaps the next tourney could have at least fast conditions to make it a little challenging? Also, turn off putt previews.

OK, I read the -64 thru 18 and was like WTF?? But you completed all 4 rounds with a -64?

Also, Were you using the controller, or the connect?

One more thing, My driver only goes about 220. How do I get more distance on the driver? Play more, get new driver, both?

I went -16,-11,-18, & -19 in the 4 rounds using a controller. It looks bad on the leader board because I've done all 4 rounds. Someone else already went -15 in their 1st round, meaning I'd have a 1 shot lead on day one. It'll be closer when everyone finishes. Playing more and putting your xp in distance will help you hit it further. Doing sponsor challenges and unlocking new equipment helps too. My guy has a 78 in power and hits it about 280.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Originally Posted by Whiskey84

I went -16,-11,-18, & -19 in the 4 rounds using a controller. It looks bad on the leader board because I've done all 4 rounds. Someone else already went -15 in their 1st round, meaning I'd have a 1 shot lead on day one. It'll be closer when everyone finishes.

Playing more and putting your xp in distance will help you hit it further. Doing sponsor challenges and unlocking new equipment helps too. My guy has a 78 in power and hits it about 280.

Wow, great playing. I am using the Kinect to play so hopefully I get better. I was on 18 of the first round and my kid hit the power strip, so I probably won't be able to post a score for the first round..not sure. I'll have to go back into the CC and see if it allows me to continue the round.

I will have to do sponsor challenges and getting new equipment. Driving it only 220 sux.!

Up your power with XP points. Im up to 81 now, can drive over 300 a few times a round, unless there are gail force winds (actually I decided to stop playing in those tournaments all together, total BS, everyone else maintains their scores,and your trying to drive down a par 5 facing 25 mph winds)

Building up your guy gets boring, it reminds of the old NES RPGs (fight, heal, repeat, fight, heal, repeat)

Originally Posted by Th3R00st3r

OK, I read the -64 thru 18 and was like WTF?? But you completed all 4 rounds with a -64?

Also, Were you using the controller, or the connect?

One more thing, My driver only goes about 220. How do I get more distance on the driver? Play more, get new driver, both?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First few tournaments on the road to the tour I thought the game was too easy on Tour Pro.  Now I'm at Torrey Pines with a lot of wind and it's a lot tougher.  I'm grinding out E or +1 on most rounds and trail the leader by 2 or 3 strokes.  On a calm day at a shorter course though I do think the game is just too easy on Tour Pro, but on the hardest level the putting and half shots get to be nearly impossible.  Typical TW game really.

Can anyone explain how sometimes 1 mph winds will carry your ball half way across a green but sometimes 15 mph winds do little to nothing??

Anyway, Ive been ignoring the CC tournaments to get through PGA events, now onto my 2nd season, 2 for 2 for wins, T12 in the event Im currently in. Cant wait for the next CC tour to appear.

How many rounds per tournament do you guys play in season mode

Usually the first and the last. That's enough to get a win.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Usually the first and the last. That's enough to get a win.

Do you get credit for the 2nd and 3rd rounds as far as xp is concerned? I have been playing 2 round tournaments.

Do you get credit for the 2nd and 3rd rounds as far as xp is concerned? I have been playing 2 round tournaments.

The rounds you don't play? No, I don't believe you get credit for those.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

What's with the settings for the country club tourney? Swing meter and green grid off? Spin on?

Why not just set it to tour pro settings, caddy off, no spin, breezy, tournament course conditions, hard or expert pins, long rough.

Would be a good challenge for everyone.

My Equipment:

What's with the settings for the country club tourney? Swing meter and green grid off? Spin on? Why not just set it to tour pro settings, caddy off, no spin, breezy, tournament course conditions, hard or expert pins, long rough. Would be a good challenge for everyone.

I don't know, just mixing it up.

In my bag:

I want Tiger Woods '13 so bad... Used to play a lot of Tiger Woods '03 on the original Xbox. Loved that game. I remember having TW '06 on 360 but I hated the newer mechanics they implemented into the gameplay. I ended up getting TW '07 the following year and it was a lot better, but still not as good as I thought '03 was.

'13 looks great tho, a much more significant upgrade than the editions I've had in the past... It seemed like they were just releasing the same game every year for a while, the same 6 courses or so, but just with altered game mechanics that I found frustrating more than anything, to have to relearn and get used to again.

I just love that Augusta National is in finally. I'll definitely pick up the game when I have the time to sit down and play it...

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

I want Tiger Woods '13 so bad... Used to play a lot of Tiger Woods '03 on the original Xbox. Loved that game. I remember having TW '06 on 360 but I hated the newer mechanics they implemented into the gameplay. I ended up getting TW '07 the following year and it was a lot better, but still not as good as I thought '03 was. '13 looks great tho, a much more significant upgrade than the editions I've had in the past... It seemed like they were just releasing the same game every year for a while, the same 6 courses or so, but just with altered game mechanics that I found frustrating more than anything, to have to relearn and get used to again. I just love that Augusta National is in finally. I'll definitely pick up the game when I have the time to sit down and play it...

Tiger '06 on 360 was horrid, they've come a long way since then. If you want something to be relatively similar to the original Xbox versions, '13 and '08 are your best bets IMO. The original Xbox versions had a very smooth swing, and these are the closest to that. Also, when I get a chance, I'm going to make everyone in the Xbox TST CC admins or whatever the term is in the game. That way y'all can set up the tournaments. Sound good?

In my bag:

Originally Posted by jamo

Tiger '06 on 360 was horrid, they've come a long way since then. If you want something to be relatively similar to the original Xbox versions, '13 and '08 are your best bets IMO. The original Xbox versions had a very smooth swing, and these are the closest to that.

I don't understand how they made it suck so much, especially on new hardware at the time, lol. Huge step backwards. But yeah, thanks man, I'm definitely looking into TW '13. Just a matter of time before I buy it...

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

Tiger 13 player here. I have it on PS3. I play the career mode mostly; 4 rounds, but I sim the first round. It makes it challenging to make the cut. It sounds like there is a CC set up here and as I know no one how plays, what would it take to get an invite? I know I am new and all, but I play a lot; nearly every other day.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!