IGNORED

gas prices

mtsalmela80
Note: This thread is 4246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Paying about 1.60 AUS for a litre, which is about $6 a gallon AUS. Convert that to USD and its about $6.50 a litre. Cost me 100AUD bucks to fill up my sedan today.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Gassed up today at 3.61

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Glad I live where it is cheap.  Just finally got back in to the $3 range yesterday, I filled up at $3.02.

As for how I will deal with it, I'll just increase the monthly fuel amount we have written in the budget.

LucuisWooding:

It's an election year; of course the gas prices go up. This happens every time, and funnily enough the prices return to a lower level after the elections... I wonder why that is?

Not every time.  This past election year (2008) prices rose through the first half of the year, then dropped dramatically right up until inauguration.  Then right after inauguration time, they have been pretty much steadily increasing since.

G

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Glad I live where it is cheap.  Just finally got back in to the $3 range yesterday, I filled up at $3.02.

As for how I will deal with it, I'll just increase the monthly fuel amount we have written in the budget.

Not every time.  This past election year (2008) prices rose through the first half of the year, then dropped dramatically right up until inauguration.  Then right after inauguration time, they have been pretty much steadily increasing since.

That's because Congress launched an inquiry into exactly why the hell gas prices were so artificially high. Lo and behold, a week later the prices fell by a dollar. Don't pretend the billions Republicans take from oil companies is meaningless; high gas prices favor the republicans in elections, and having them in office benefits the oil companies. I don't think I need to make this thread blatantly political, it's a gripe about gas prices and nothing more.

We're over 4$/gallon on Long Island, but have been over 3.50 for years.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

With fuel prices slated to hit an all time record high this spring into summer, are any of you concerned?

Not really, besides I can't do a whole lot I can do about it. I chose to drive a twin turbo V12 car...rather annoys me when people who have large capacity engines whine when the price goes up.

When it's a 10% rise is that really going to break the bank unless you're driving 50,000 miles a year in which case you can probably expense it anyway...

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Originally Posted by camper6

I am a Canadian and cannot understand why the XL pipeline extension from Alberta, Canada was denied by Obama after it had previously been approved.

That would have carried oil from the Bakken fields in North Dakota (a domestic supply) as well to the refineries  in the Midwest and all the way to the refineries in Port Arthur Texas. And the construction costs would be entirely born by Trans Canada pipelines.  It wouldn't cost the U.S. anything.

Now that's a source of oil from a stable country instead of the Middle East.  The current price of gas is being affected by threats from Iran.  They are already denying gas to UE countries.  That type of threat sends speculators scurrying to buy oil now expecting a rise in the future.

Incidentally.  The unemployment rate in North Dakota is the lowest in the country.  Something like 3.5 %.

The environmentalists are influencing the current U.S. government and it's an election year so nothing is going to happen till November.

The pipeline wouldnt have even made a dent in gas prices beause the amount of oil that would have brought in is just a drop in the bucket to the U.S.' oil consumption.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Fraser

Not really, besides I can't do a whole lot I can do about it. I chose to drive a twin turbo V12 car...rather annoys me when people who have large capacity engines whine when the price goes up.

When it's a 10% rise is that really going to break the bank unless you're driving 50,000 miles a year in which case you can probably expense it anyway...

Agree 100%!  I always roll my eyes when people who drive big trucks and SUVs whine about gas prices, saying that its all the bankers' and lawyers' fault.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Agree 100%!  I always roll my eyes when people who drive big trucks and SUVs whine about gas prices, saying that its all the bankers' and lawyers' fault.

Speculators and politicians have a lot to do with it.  The price of gas is not based on supply and demand, it is based on assumptions that never pan out.

I can complain about the price when it is not based on supply and demand or other legitimate market forces, even if I do drive a large SUV.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Is that what Obama told you? LOL. That is the attitude that keeps this nation a slave to overpriced foreign fuel "well its not going to help much, so why do it at all".

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

The pipeline wouldnt have even made a dent in gas prices beause the amount of oil that would have brought in is just a drop in the bucket to the U.S.' oil consumption.

If I was very wealthy I would not care either. If I was making even 100K, I would not really care so much about a 50 a week bump in gas costs, but when you make less than half that, its a problem!

Originally Posted by Fraser

It is what simple math tells you as the pipeline would at something like 3% more oil. The amusing part is that it would actually increase gas prices in the midwest due to more efficient distribution.

Now I don't know if the pipeline should be built or not. I can say that they way it was added to the bill was to ensure that it wasn't approved.  Taking 60 days to evaluate a project that will threaten 2 million people's water and 20 billion dollars in agriculture isn't realistic. Take the time and do things right.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Is that what Obama told you? LOL. That is the attitude that keeps this nation a slave to overpriced foreign fuel "well its not going to help much, so why do it at all".

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by x129

It is what simple math tells you as the pipeline would at something like 3% more oil. The amusing part is that it would actually increase gas prices in the midwest due to more efficient distribution.

Now I don't know if the pipeline should be built or not. I can say that they way it was added to the bill was to ensure that it wasn't approved.  Taking 60 days to evaluate a project that will threaten 2 million people's water and 20 billion dollars in agriculture isn't realistic. Take the time and do things right.

There's also the fact that he might be thinking of other sources of energy... Gas is never going to go back below 3$ in the US. Ever. There's not enough oil left in the planet, and it has been getting more expensive to drill and process for the last 40 years. Obviously Washington hasn't done much about it, but it's only getting us into more and more political trouble. Imagine if we didn't need oil from all the countries that hate us? The energy companies are screwing everything over trying to stay afloat, but they can't sustain it.

Either lawsuits or excessive pricing will drown the lot of them, and believe me, a taxpayer bailout will not be given to energy companies. They'll cry real tears in front of congress in 5-10 years, but the shrimp fishermen from the Gulf, residents of Alaska, people in cities who have to pay 4$+ for gas, and people whose drinking water is now toxic from gas drilling will be laughing in their faces and high fiving.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

The world is running out of oil? We have barely been pumping oil for 150 years, and we are running out of it already? Spare me the bleeding heart talking points.

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Gas is never going to go back below 3$ in the US. Ever.

5 days ago I filled up for $3.02 9 .  Same station this morning, I filled up for $2.99 9 .

FWIW, that's below $3.

For this area, probably starting around $35k and up.  Lots of tech companies in Northern Colorado too that pay well.

Cost of living depends on the area though.  Where I am, pretty inexpensive.  Up around Vail, Silverthorn, etc... very expensive.  Gas is still $2.89 - $3.05 at in the northern part of the state.  But looking at other places around the state.. $3.19 in Vail, $3.68 in Durango.

Note: This thread is 4246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!