IGNORED

2012 Shell Houston Open Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The course is really well maintained and the setup this week has really been praised by the guys, with a couple of them saying that the greens are the best that they've played all year.  It's not possible to set up a course built on flat ground like Augusta but the short rough, fast and true greens, and impeccable conditions, even after all of the rain, are as close to what the golfers will face next week as it was possible to make the course.  I was out there for the practice round on Tuesday and Redstone is the best that I've ever seen it this week.

This tournament turned into a roller coaster today.  Oosthuesen was falling down fast and then I check the score after being gone for a couple hours, and he's back in the lead.  Mahan has been steady and that new putter has been money for him.

Tomorrow should be good.

I'm going to be let down if Oosthuizen wins here, something about him, I just don't care for him.

If its gotta be someone near the top, let it be Pettersson. I would like to see Mickelson or Huh make a move for the top though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

I'm going to be let down if Oosthuizen wins here, something about him, I just don't care for him.

If its gotta be someone near the top, let it be Pettersson. I would like to see Mickelson or Huh make a move for the top though.

He's falling apart pretty quickly here.

I'm pulling for Mahan or Bradley.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

He's falling apart pretty quickly here.

I'm pulling for Mahan or Bradley.

I can't root for Keegan--he has a spaz attack every time he misses a putt.  Another win by Mahan would be nice--I really like him as a player, and he has no chance next week hitting a low draw on every shot.

How in the heck does Keegan putt with his ball position so far out in front of him?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I can't root for Keegan--he has a spaz attack every time he misses a putt.  Another win by Mahan would be nice--I really like him as a player, and he has no chance next week hitting a low draw on every shot.

How in the heck does Keegan putt with his ball position so far out in front of him?

LOL!! Watching Keegan Bradley is just downright annoying, his pre shot routine is hard to watch. +1 on Mahan, he seems like a guy with some personality and is fun to watch. He's had some tough moments and bounced back great. Love to see him win this one.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Foley students have had a great year so far.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Originally Posted by walk18

I'm having to watch this on mute. I cannot stand Johnny Miller.

I've finally come to accept that Miller has diarrhea of the mouth, and just lacks a filter between his brain and his mouth. Not the brightest guy with a mic, but he's honest.

But I totally see where you are coming from. I would much rather listen to Frank Nobilo any day.

Brian Davis just hits one into the gallery, a woman bends over like she's going to pick it up, and Johnny says " don't even think about it honey". Classic Miller. I kind of like it :-)

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Too bad about Oousthuizen today, shooting three over. He composed himself for the back nine, but it was too little too late.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Congratulations to Hunter. Nice win.

Originally Posted by k-troop

I can't root for Keegan--he has a spaz attack every time he misses a putt.

Interesting.  I can't root for him because he has a spaz attack before every shot.  I actually don't care much what he does after

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Congratulations to Hunter. Nice win.

Yeah, I like Hunter.  I just wish he'd stop hanging out with Bubba.  I'm hoping Hunter does well at the Masters.

2 years ago I picked Schwarzel to win the Masters, but he won it the following year.  Last year I picked Mahan to win...I wonder if he will start a prediction trend for me.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Keegan has quickly taken my top "root against" golfer spot, mainly because every time I see his pre-shot stutter step routine, I want to wrap an iron around his neck.  For some reason that absolutely drives me crazy.

I seem to root for Hunter a lot because I've seen him hit some incredibly bad shots on the course over the past couple years, laugh it off and recover quickly.

Note: This thread is 4430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!