IGNORED

What Are Your Thoughts on Tour Yellow Golf Balls?

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 members have voted

1. 1. Tour Yellow Golf Balls?

• Yes
    • No

If Pro v1x came in other colors besides white, I would use them.  When it is cloudy, I can't see the white ball in flight.  I rely on my feel as to which general direction it was headed.  Of course, that only works about 3 out of 4 times.

I played with yellow Srixon, but I don't like Srixon in general so it did not do me any good.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

LOVE playing yellow balls.

Finding in rough may or may not be easier but...

1. When approaching several balls in the same area, I always know which one is mine.

2. When approaching the green I know which ball is mine and if I am on the green or just off.

3. On the off chance that I hit onto another fairway, I can spot my ball from afar and know which is mine vs the other group.

I love this.

I play at a course where the driving range is directly to the left of the first hole.  Really bad place for a snap hook and a yellow ball (or a white ball for that matter)

If you use an orange ball and get glasses from the skeet / sporting clays world the tint of the lens will make the orange POP.  You would be surprised.

I am not talking yellow lenses here. I am talking about light purple or vermillion.

Originally Posted by inthecup

I play at a course where the driving range is directly to the left of the first hole.  Really bad place for a snap hook and a yellow ball (or a white ball for that matter)

If you use an orange ball and get glasses from the skeet / sporting clays world the tint of the lens will make the orange POP.  You would be surprised.

I am not talking yellow lenses here. I am talking about light purple or vermillion.

Didn't think about ranges with yellow balls.  I'll have to make sure to carry a few white balls for those holes.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

For me, it is nice to follow the ball in the air. I lose sight of a white ball too often. But if it is a nice clear day, I will use white balls, but if it is overcast I make a switch.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Personally I find the Srixon Tour Yellow to be awesome. So very easy to spot in the air and/or on the ground. The only time I have a hard time seeing it is in the fall with leaves of similar colors. Aside from that, I can track them in the air without a problem, or spot them in the fairway/short rough/etc from a distance without much trouble.

The Srixon Z-Star XV in Tour Yellow is my favorite ball thus far. I've gotten so used to them, I have a hard time playing white balls anymore.

As for being hackish/scrubbish? I've had several people make fun of it, or crack jokes, but I couldn't care less. The only annoying thing about using them, is if someone a little new to the game is playing with you (or just doesn't know about them)...they often think I'm playing range balls and offer every top flite or pinnacle they find to me.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I play a lot at twilight and so, especially later in my round, the ball can be really hard to see in flight and I find that the yellow helps with this. I also like it for the reasons that rustyredcab mentioned (that you can differentiate it from your playing partners). It's not a make or break factor for me though... right now I play the Gamer V2 which is only white but I really like the performance and price... I was getting some good deals on the Srixon Z Stars before so that's what I was playing. Basically, if it comes in yellow I'll choose that over white, but if white is the only option I'm not going to bypass it if its the ball I want to play.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I am such a traditionalist the thought of playing a ball other than a white one gives me the creeps...specially those pink ones. Yuck. Anyway, if you need to ID your ball put a nice mark on it. JL

Originally Posted by JohnLund

... Anyway, if you need to ID your ball put a nice mark on it. JL

Hey, I'm not trying to convince guys to play yellow balls. As a mater of fact I have declared them off limits to my regular Saturday group -- except for me. It is not about being able to tell if the ball in the fairway is mine or yours. No one will mistake my marks for theirs. It is about being able to tell from 50 yards away if I'm the one on the right or the left. And because I ride, it is about seeing if my ball is the one putting or the one chipping before I get out of the cart and walk over to see my mark.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I love yellow golf balls and find them much easier to see.  I wish Top Flite's Gamer V2 came in yellow.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I got a dozen from Cleveland when I  purchased my new irons. They are very easy to see, fairway or ruff and they stand out at a distance, You'll know where your ball is way sooner than with a white ball.  As far as seeing them better in the air, I haven't noticed much difference. On a overcast day you'll loose it in the clouds just like the white ball. I didn't like the looks of them and would have preferred a box of white balls, but after playing them they truly are the better choice especially if you live in the ruff like me.

I play them most of the time. I suspect, except for in the fall, finding them in the rough is tougher because you have trained yourself to the contrast white makes. After all who hasn't been distracted by receipts, gum wrappers, floating out there. They are definitely easier to see in the air on cloudy days and near dusk. I think part of why I like them is because I wear prescription sunglasses and the tint dulls the white more than the yellow. So the color of tint you choose might make a difference. I bet the green tint doesn't work as well as grey or brown with yellow balls.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I was completely against those yellow golf balls..... until I played one.

Now I just feel weird playing white ones.

I also like them because they do not show wear as easily. I have used the same Srixon Z Star for 2 rounds and looks good as new.

I find they are easier to follow in the air, but can often times be overlooked on the fairway and if you hit it into some dried up bushes and such forget about finding them as the yellowing of the brush makes the yellow ball blend in.

But in the rough I find them quicker and there are certain situations where you cant find your ball no matter what color it is.

Well I just did it.  Went to the golf shop and picked up some yellow Srixons.  Going all in on this trend!  I hope to get out for a round on Saturday and test these out.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

I personally dont find them any easier to spot or find than white balls.

Same for me, when the yellow ball was available in the mid 90's tried them at that time and found they were not easier to spot on the ground than a white ball.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

My daughter uses a yellow ball. Has Spongebob Squarepants' face on it. I'd play one of those for kicks. I don't have any more success finding yellow balls than white balls, and if "finding the ball" is a big concern why would I be playing a "Tour" ball anyway?!? A marketing gimmick by ball manufacturers trying to squeeze every last dime out of Tour ball fanboys. Meh.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

My daughter uses a yellow ball. Has Spongebob Squarepants' face on it. I'd play one of those for kicks. I don't have any more success finding yellow balls than white balls, and if "finding the ball" is a big concern why would I be playing a "Tour" ball anyway?!? A marketing gimmick by ball manufacturers trying to squeeze every last dime out of Tour ball fanboys. Meh.

Always a ray of sunshine.  Happy Monday Sean.

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Quote:

Always a ray of sunshine.  Happy Monday Sean.

Condescending and patronizing as always - whoever you are. Happy whatever day it is wherever you are.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Condescending and patronizing as always - whoever you are. Happy whatever day it is wherever you are.

I would think you would be able to handle your own medicine a bit better.  90% of your posts include rude remarks or insults aimed at other posters.

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!