IGNORED

Tee height setters

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Another thing: I'm under the impression that constant height in a tee is not desired... am I wrong?

Of course you're absolutely correct if talking about trying to play different types of shots with different clubs. If you're after the same stock tee shot with a driver, then go for the ones with the painted marking. They're the same price as the unmarked ones (i.e. dirt cheap).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy one or two Bugle Tees and you are set for life with our life time guarantee. They come in 2 3/4" and 3 1/4" (for 460 cc driver). They retail at $5.99 and can be bought at the PGA Tour Superstores and a few other places (we are looking to expand that of course) and from our website. Shipping is free. This is probably more dirt cheap than any other tee, and better ....

• 2 years later...

Yes there is and we are going to re-launch it in a few weeks time - its called the T-Set This allows for the use of all length wooden tees and is .7 of an inch wide so when in your pocket it is not bulky. It also allows for printing of a logo on one side for clubs, golf days etc. bring down your handicap by +- 4 shots.

Yes there is and we are going to re-launch it in a few weeks time - its called the T-Set

This allows for the use of all length wooden tees and is .7 of an inch wide so when in your pocket it is not bulky.

It also allows for printing of a logo on one side for clubs, golf days etc. bring down your handicap by +- 4 shots.

Do I have to eat all 5 of them to get that 4 stroke reduction or do I just eat the one that suits my swing?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do I have to eat all 5 of them to get that 4 stroke reduction or do I just eat the one that suits my swing?

Nope! Just the one that matches the color of your driver, so that way it's one with you!

Just to clear up a few things about the height settings of your tees and using the T-Set - You have a bag full of clubs and each one has its own (sometimes the same) height setting. The heights go between 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45mm - eg: If you want to use your driver and want the correct height for it - place a ball on a tee - put your club behind the ball and see that you have half the ball showing above your club (from behind) - take the club away - take the ball from the tee and then using the T-Set, see which slot the tee fits into. If it fits into the 35mm slot, then you know that each time you pull your driver, you put your tee into the 35mm slot stick it in the turf and you know for certain your tee has been set up at the optimum height to get the best drive you can. 1 or 2mm in height difference can make a difference of 10 to 20 m (yards) in your drive - that can translate into better scores. We can help you set the perfect height but you still have to manufacture the right swing......... sorry can't help you with that one. We are going to be upgrading the T-Set to include two more heights, two advertising faces and a divot tool - should be interesting.

Just to clear up a few things about the height settings of your tees and using the T-Set - You have a bag full of clubs and each one has its own (sometimes the same) height setting. The heights go between 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45mm - eg: If you want to use your driver and want the correct height for it - place a ball on a tee - put your club behind the ball and see that you have half the ball showing above your club (from behind) - take the club away - take the ball from the tee and then using the T-Set, see which slot the tee fits into. If it fits into the 35mm slot, then you know that each time you pull your driver, you put your tee into the 35mm slot stick it in the turf and you know for certain your tee has been set up at the optimum height to get the best drive you can.

1 or 2mm in height difference can make a difference of 10 to 20 m (yards) in your drive - that can translate into better scores. We can help you set the perfect height but you still have to manufacture the right swing......... sorry can't help you with that one.

We are going to be upgrading the T-Set to include two more heights, two advertising faces and a divot tool - should be interesting.

What the hell???? You mean I wasn't supposed to eat them? :mad:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[quote name="Graham Riley" url="/t/57501/tee-height-setters/36#post_1035268"] 1 or 2mm in height difference can make a difference of 10 to 20 m (yards) in your drive .[/quote] If 1 or 2mm can make that big of a difference, it seems to me that I wouldn't want to use a device that limits my options to 5mm increments. ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Any chance you could incorporate a ball retriever function.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Damn, wish I could build that into this sucker B U T would probably cost a fortune if I could - not going to happen though......... Although kinda guess all us hackers need one of them - ball locator that is!!! Gotta put it on my wish list........ !!!

We should be up and running in about 2 to 3 months time, hopefully sooner - will let everyone know. I dropped about 4 shots when I got round to using my own product, its weird but it works. :-D

You may just sell some. No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American consumer.

In David's bag....

Dave in Florida - Its funny how us guys have this macho mentality (me included from time to time) about using something to help set up your tee - its almost like saying to your golf buddies 'Hey man I don't know how high to set my tee' - its just not going to happen. BUT tell him that it could help him shave 3 to 5 shots off 19 holes and watch him open his wallet, even though its not going to cost him an arm and a leg. And here's the thing - over a period of one to two months, thats exactly what is going to happen (IF you use it every time you tee off). I proved this for myself. I played as a 'good' hacker off an 18 (my excuse, I had not played in 8 years) and then started using my own product (T-Set) - in 6 weeks I was down to a 14 and about another 4 weeks was down to a 12. Admittedly it also helped that I was playing twice a week. I was not the only one I was monitoring as one of our local ladies champs (hree years running) started using it and came back shaving +- 3 strokes off every course she regularly played - not too bad for a humble tee height setting accessory!!!!

Dave in Florida - Its funny how us guys have this macho mentality (me included from time to time) about using something to help set up your tee - its almost like saying to your golf buddies 'Hey man I don't know how high to set my tee' - its just not going to happen.

BUT tell him that it could help him shave 3 to 5 shots off 19 holes and watch him open his wallet, even though its not going to cost him an arm and a leg.

And here's the thing - over a period of one to two months, thats exactly what is going to happen (IF you use it every time you tee off).

I proved this for myself. I played as a 'good' hacker off an 18 (my excuse, I had not played in 8 years) and then started using my own product (T-Set) - in 6 weeks I was down to a 14 and about another 4 weeks was down to a 12. Admittedly it also helped that I was playing twice a week. I was not the only one I was monitoring as one of our local ladies champs (hree years running) started using it and came back shaving +- 3 strokes off every course she regularly played - not too bad for a humble tee height setting accessory!!!!

I buy tees with the band on them *like the one in your picture* to set my tee height consistently. I don't typically use a tee for anything besides the driver so this isn't something that would be very useful to me. It also doesn't look like that has a tee setting high enough for most modern drivers.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Dave in Florida - Its funny how us guys have this macho mentality (me included from time to time) about using something to help set up your tee - its almost like saying to your golf buddies 'Hey man I don't know how high to set my tee' - its just not going to happen.

BUT tell him that it could help him shave 3 to 5 shots off 19 holes and watch him open his wallet, even though its not going to cost him an arm and a leg.

And here's the thing - over a period of one to two months, thats exactly what is going to happen (IF you use it every time you tee off).

I proved this for myself. I played as a 'good' hacker off an 18 (my excuse, I had not played in 8 years) and then started using my own product (T-Set) - in 6 weeks I was down to a 14 and about another 4 weeks was down to a 12. Admittedly it also helped that I was playing twice a week. I was not the only one I was monitoring as one of our local ladies champs (hree years running) started using it and came back shaving +- 3 strokes off every course she regularly played - not too bad for a humble tee height setting accessory!!!!

Absolute ridiculous, impossible claims that blatantly insult the intelligence of the consumer.

I recommend that you try to hawk this thing to people who know nothing about golf.  Doing so on a site like this isn't going to get you anything except laughed at.

In David's bag....

Absolute ridiculous, impossible claims that blatantly insult the intelligence of the consumer.

I recommend that you try to hawk this thing to people who know nothing about golf.  Doing so on a site like this isn't going to get you anything except laughed at.

Even Taylormade doesn't claim to save you 4-5 strokes per round!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!