IGNORED

Tee height setters

Note: This thread is 3541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been golfing for a few years now but have always had trouble getting the same tee height for my drives.  I have the swing mechanics down for the drive but the tee height is throwing me off.  I've noticed that if I tee it too low, I lose distance on my shot but if I tee it too high then I pop it up and still lose distance.  Sometimes I'll even slice it, also.  Does anyone know of any tools out there that can help with this.  I've seen the Brush T's but would rather use a regular golf tee - the Brush T's seem somewhat bulky and distracting. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They make tees that only go in so far.  They have variable heights.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

They make tees that only go in so far.  They have variable heights.

I saw those, too but they look a little clunky and looks like they might take some yardage off the ball since they're thick.  Anything out there to set the ball with just a regular golf tee?

http://www.bugletee.com

I just picked up 2 packs of 2 and really like them.  They are basically indestructible - like some of the rubber tees you'll see at the driving range installed into the matts.  Not the exact rubber - but close.  Also, they guarantee life of the tee - and if it breaks, will replace it for free.  Oh and some of the funds will go to charity.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can buy tees with different heights marked (black lines). I just use a magic marker on my tees.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Chi-Chi used to put tape on the tee to mark the height. It would also help with preventing them from breaking.

Michael

Bullitt5339 has the right idea

Pro Tee and just remember what letter to go down to!

That said I also sometimes use the small red fixed height tees for my irons.

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

These are what I use... I just put 'em in the ground until I don't see the yellow any more and I'm good to go. They have different lengths depending on what you like so if you like to tee it higher or lower there should be an option for you.

0E8D0A31-07AA-4E27-9FB8-6D755FABA852.jpg

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Cool - lots of suggestions, thanks guys!

Beachcomber - Thanks for the suggestion - looks like a cool design but I'd rather stick to a regular traditional golf tee, maybe it's the superstition/stubborn golfer in me!

Golfingbuddy - Thanks for the suggestion - the TZ looks like a pretty handy device, I'm going to contact them and get one and try it out.

Bullitt5339 - I've tried the pre marked golf tees and they're pretty good but the only thing is it's somewhat hard to see when the colors disappear since the ball is on top and your hand is in the way.

I don't use any kind of marking or anything.  I just extend my pinky finger out as I tee my ball up and when the first digit bends back and stops I'm at the right height.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

i just make sure the top of my driver lines up with the middle of the ball.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

These are what I use... I just put 'em in the ground until I don't see the yellow any more and I'm good to go. They have different lengths depending on what you like so if you like to tee it higher or lower there should be an option for you.

I buy the same brand of tees and use them the same way.  Works for me.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I put the ball on top of the tee and into the palm of my hand, then let the tip of my thumb barely touch the tip of my middle finger and start pushing the tee in.  When I feel the grass just touch the back of my middle finger, I stop pushing.    Seems to put me at the right spot 99% of the time....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I do pretty much the same thing as teamroper. I put the ball and tee in my hand and when I press it down I wait until my ring finger starts hitting the ground. Sometimes I stop there and other times I want the ball teed up a bit higher or lower. You should be able to tell my looking at it and setting up to the ball whether it's too high or low.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

I actually just started having problems with this last weekend. but i usually just go by feel. I really like that tape the tee idea but i may end up pickin up a bugle tee or whatever.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Note: This thread is 3541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!