IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

LOL! Colsaerts just hit an iron off the tee on the short 7th, the par 4 everyone's going for. A guy in the gallery just yelled 'Nice layup." That was classic.

and afterwards the crowd started booing him

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

How much water did they put on those greens yesterday? They are waaay slower and more receptive than the first two days it seems.

and afterwards the crowd started booing him

Did they really boo him for laying up? Ridiculous. That's why he's inside the ropes and they're outside.

Originally Posted by walk18

Did they really boo him for laying up? Ridiculous. That's why he's inside the ropes and they're outside.

It was a very light cascade of booing, but definitely noticeable.  At least based on the audio feed the TV cameras were able to pick up.

Tiger clearly doesn't have things working on the front 9.  This will be about damage control.  If he can keep himself within a few strokes and make a string of pars until he gets to some of the birdie holes, he will have a chance to salvage the round with some positives.

Edit: and just as I say that, Tiger makes birdie after his worst drive of the day and on one of his tougher putts (compared to the ones he missed).

Colsaerts is playing pretty darn good and hasn't made many putts.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by walk18

Yep! :)

One of the commentator's even said, "I didn't come here and pay to see a lay-up!" :P

In other news, Tiger's wedge-approach game still sucks today so far.  Graeme not making any putts either.

Johnny Miller just said Tiger changed the face of the club [b]during[/b] impact. He claimed Tiger added the fade during contact with the ball... And of course, every putt on the course is pulled towards Lake Merced.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

Johnny Miller just said Tiger changed the face of the club during impact. He claimed Tiger added the fade during contact with the ball...

Did you watch the slo-mo footage? It definitely looked like he did. At impact the clubface opened way up.

Miller also is talking about "skanky" shots again. WTF is a skanky shot anyway?

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Did you watch the slo-mo footage? It definitely looked like he did. At impact the clubface opened way up.

Miller also is talking about "skanky" shots again. WTF is a skanky shot anyway?

But was it intentional?  The ball didn't cut and had a different trajectory than his normal stingers do...and he dropped the club in disgust.

Furyk putting his arse off.  Saving a lot of pars.

Lastly, when I saw that the TV coverage ended at 7PM PST and the final pairing teed off at 3:05PM PST, I didn't think there was any way the final group would finish the round by the time the coverage was scheduled to end.  That's about 33 minutes away and the final pairing is just teeing off of 16.

Going to be a good one tomorrow. Wide open tournament.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

So is Hossler going to forfeit any winnings?  Kids got crazy game. It's funny to see a goofy looking kid with braces out there giving the pros a run for their money at a major.

I've never seen Graeme McDowell spend an entire round battling the rights. Very strange to watch. With that swing and follow-through I'm amazed every time he doesn't hook it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!