IGNORED

I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)

FutureTourPro
Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro. I'm saying I will become good enough to become pro and take that chance. Monday Qualifiers cost 500 bucks. I have no money and I am not near good enough yet. But I will be. Also It's not cockiness, it's self believe, tenacity, passion, hard work, and sacrifice. Also Basically every tour pro knew they wanted to become a tour pro. Every Tour pro I have talked to knew that's what they wanted to do. So golfconnect, thanks for the extra push to help me prove you wrong. I'm currently going to be playing in the Blue-Grey Best of East and West High School Invitational and can only be invited if a prestigious coach recommends you for the tournament. Only 200 High school students were invited to play!

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...this thread came to life....

I posted the first response and I am shocked to see it's on page 12 now.

Sheesh....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Wow...this thread came to life....

I posted the first response and I am shocked to see it's on page 12 now.

Sheesh....

Apparently lots of folks like to beat down a naive optimistic (nothing wrong with those characteristics) high school kid eh?

dak4n6

Tour pro, I wish. If I could shoot under 100 for 4 or 5 rounds in a row I will be wrapped. I have done it once then blew out. I'm not saying you can't do it either mate, but show us some proof of said skill with official cards and you might get some more love/respect. Just a lowly31 cappers 2c worth

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro. I'm saying I will become good enough to become pro and take that chance. Monday Qualifiers cost 500 bucks. I have no money and I am not near good enough yet. But I will be. Also It's not cockiness, it's self believe, tenacity, passion, hard work, and sacrifice. Also Basically every tour pro knew they wanted to become a tour pro. Every Tour pro I have talked to knew that's what they wanted to do. So golfconnect, thanks for the extra push to help me prove you wrong. I'm currently going to be playing in the Blue-Grey Best of East and West High School Invitational and can only be invited if a prestigious coach recommends you for the tournament. Only 200 High school students were invited to play!

Well, you will have the chance to know where you stand in your quest.  Come back on here AFTER this tournament & tell us how it went.

I admire your tenacity and confidence but there is basically no chance that you will become a tour pro. You are ignoring the talent aspect of golf. Tenacity can only go so far. You need to have talent that less than .1% of the rest of us have to reach the PGA Tour.

I suggest you strive to be the best player you can and enjoy the game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am wondering how many years until one of internet "I am going to be a pro" guys actually makes.  I figure it is bound to happen eventually.  I must admit though anyone that posts on messages boards rather than work on their game has questionable priorities.

Only 200 students were invited to play? How many of them will turn into PGA tour pros? Maybe 5 at best. Even when you make it to an elite level, few make it to the top. On the tour you are playing with the top high school players from the past 20 years (+euro players). It is scary to think how many NCAA champions, US amateur champs and other guys with high level wins don't come close to making it on the tour.

Keep on practicing and enjoy the ride.

And yet you have guys like KJ Choi who started playing golf at the age of 16 hitting golf balls on the beach because the next golf course was 3 hours away. He shot his first par round when he was almost 22.

YE Yang didn´t even pick up a club until he was almost 20 years old and then served multiple years in the Korean military after that.

What exactly is talent?

Take Bubbas hook shot to win the masters for example. Many people after they saw that shot thought, "wow, that guy is talented". What people forget is that he has already been golfing and practicing intensely almost everyday for 33 years hitting that shot thousands of times in practice and working on his game for thousands of hours when he was a kid.

Originally Posted by x129

I am wondering how many years until one of internet "I am going to be a pro" guys actually makes.  I figure it is bound to happen eventually.  I must admit though anyone that posts on messages boards rather than work on their game has questionable priorities.

Only 200 students were invited to play? How many of them will turn into PGA tour pros? Maybe 5 at best. Even when you make it to an elite level, few make it to the top. On the tour you are playing with the top high school players from the past 20 years (+euro players). It is scary to think how many NCAA champions, US amateur champs and other guys with high level wins don't come close to making it on the tour.

Keep on practicing and enjoy the ride.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Originally Posted by LongballGer

And yet you have guys like KJ Choi who started playing golf at the age of 16 hitting golf balls on the beach because the next golf course was 3 hours away. He shot his first par round when he was almost 22.

YE Yang didn´t even pick up a club until he was almost 20 years old and then served multiple years in the Korean military after that.

What exactly is talent?

Take Bubbas hook shot to win the masters for example. Many people after they saw that shot thought, "wow, that guy is talented". What people forget is that he has already been golfing and practicing intensely almost everyday for 33 years hitting that shot thousands of times in practice and working on his game for thousands of hours when he was a kid.

Except Bubba probably could have hit that shot at age 16. Facts are that some people just have the touch, grow up knowing it and never losing confidence. Another person that has the "knack" may never pick up a club. I appears that the harder you have to work on golf, the less likely you have a chance to be a pro. You can still get very good but as others have stated in different ways, there is a little something extra there to be at Tour professional level.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Except Bubba probably could have hit that shot at age 16. Facts are that some people just have the touch, grow up knowing it and never losing confidence. Another person that has the "knack" may never pick up a club. I appears that the harder you have to work on golf, the less likely you have a chance to be a pro. You can still get very good but as others have stated in different ways, there is a little something extra there to be at Tour professional level.

At 16 years of age Bubba would have already been golfing intensely for 14 years.

Nobody is born being good at anything. The people that pick up a golf club the first time and seem to have "talent" is because they already developed good hand eye coordination and athletic ability playing other sports in the past.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Guys, I am so done trying to prove myself to all you guys. There is only one thing I will do and that is golf. Stop telling me I am not going to make it or I'm just some insane kid who doesn't know what reality is. I've lived on the streets, I've been abused by my mother. I felt useless, nothing, just a void in life. When I picked up that golf club and hit my first ball and saw it soar through the air I felt a purpose in my life. I want to be that inspiration in a kids who can find something they live for and pursue it. Not for fame or fortune, just because when you do it you feel like you belong in this world. Golf makes me happy. Golf makes me complete. I know the chances are extremely slim, I'll will literally die trying to become a tour pro. I have what it takes and I know you guys don't believe me and I don't care. Only thing I am ever gonna do in this life time of mine is to become a touring professional. Bout 90% of you have insulted me. That is not Golf. That is something utterly pathetic. All of the insults you guys say to me literally bounce off me. I don't care what you have to say. It's my life. The 10% who encourage me, thank you. It means a lot.

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

Guys, I am so done trying to prove myself to all you guys. There is only one thing I will do and that is golf. Stop telling me I am not going to make it or I'm just some insane kid who doesn't know what reality is. I've lived on the streets, I've been abused by my mother. I felt useless, nothing, just a void in life. When I picked up that golf club and hit my first ball and saw it soar through the air I felt a purpose in my life. I want to be that inspiration in a kids who can find something they live for and pursue it. Not for fame or fortune, just because when you do it you feel like you belong in this world. Golf makes me happy. Golf makes me complete. I know the chances are extremely slim, I'll will literally die trying to become a tour pro. I have what it takes and I know you guys don't believe me and I don't care. Only thing I am ever gonna do in this life time of mine is to become a touring professional. Bout 90% of you have insulted me. That is not Golf. That is something utterly pathetic. All of the insults you guys say to me literally bounce off me. I don't care what you have to say. It's my life. The 10% who encourage me, thank you. It means a lot.

So done, so very done...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by LongballGer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

At 16 years of age Bubba would have already been golfing intensely for 14 years.

Nobody is born being good at anything. The people that pick up a golf club the first time and seem to have "talent" is because they already developed good hand eye coordination and athletic ability playing other sports in the past.

The way you wrote it sounds like you were insinuating KJ and YE were way more talented than Bubba by achieving more in less time. I was saying, whether it is Bubba, KJ oe YE they something "extra" that gives them an edge on golf. There are people that can play the piano after hearing a song and do it damn good so to be able to sudden be quite a bit better in a sport is not out of the question. I have excellent hand and eye coordination. This still does not mean I am going to be a Tour pro. Maybe it is a mental edge or an extra inherent feel for a game that distances one person from another. There are pro golfers in the past that did not practice hardly at all. I never said you don't need to practice or work on your game but if you have to absolutely have to kill yourself to get to 1 or scratch cap, you are unlikely to reach tour pro level.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Then please explain the title of this thread.

You didn't read the paragraph well enough. I said I will become good enough.

Originally Posted by garybbq

so your playing in this tournament ?

http://www.impactprospects.com/golf.htm

Yes I am sent in my stuff today.

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!