IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Originally Posted by jamo

We tend to try to fix those, but if my only reaction to the OP is "whaaaaa???" I might be slightly less likely to spend the time. Then the misspelling just sets the tone for what's coming up, so you get a bit of a warning. :-)

Like a Public Service announcment.

Warning. The following thread contains we-todd-did posts.

I AM WE TODD DID, SOFA KING WE TODD DID.

LOL, sorry, too many gin and tonics.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

We tend to try to fix those, but if my only reaction to the OP is "whaaaaa???" I might be slightly less likely to spend the time. Then the misspelling just sets the tone for what's coming up, so you get a bit of a warning. :-p

I changed it, but because someone made a comment about the title, you can guess from the URL what I did to change it... :D

http://thesandtrap.com/t/65788/ever-completely-lose-it-was-every-completely-loose-it/

BTW, his username is gotstripers. I wonder if he meant "got strippers" or if he truly means "got a certain kind of fish."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I changed it, but because someone made a comment about the title, you can guess from the URL what I did to change it... :D [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/65788/ever-completely-lose-it-was-every-completely-loose-it/]http://thesandtrap.com/t/65788/ever-completely-lose-it-was-every-completely-loose-it/[/URL] BTW, his username is gotstripers. I wonder if he meant "got strippers" or if he truly means "got a certain kind of fish."

Heh. I'm not sure if he was going for "strippers" or "stripers," but either way he doesn't have an avatar yet... :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Heh. I'm not sure if he was going for "strippers" or "stripers," but either way he doesn't have an avatar yet...

I'm sure that one of our esteemed administrators or moderators could assign something, ahem....... appropriate in the interim.  No?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Time to google "fish with lipstick".

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm going with the fish, although a girl wrapped around a metal pole would be a good avatar for him..

Striper season is just starting here in Jersey. Time to break out my poles

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

What is comes down to is, at the top do you set your wrists with the clubface open, ie. with the 'toe hanging', or with the clubface facing the sky, and what are the implications of each?

I actually really like saying this out loud. Try it, "what is comes down to is". I dunno why, but it's fun to say.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak4n6

What is comes down to is, at the top do you set your wrists with the clubface open, ie. with the 'toe hanging', or with the clubface facing the sky, and what are the implications of each?

I actually really like saying this out loud. Try it, "what is comes down to is". I dunno why, but it's fun to say.

Aw crap. Strike two. One more and I will desist picking on other people's misteaks.

So, did you answer the question?

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Aw crap. Strike two. One more and I will desist picking on other people's misteaks.

So, did you answer the question?

Well, to be fair, typos shouldn't really count. Mmmmm, I love steaks....

Facing the sky, but I don't know the implications.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Yeah, the sucky baby routine can be a real drag but I think its more tolerable than the 18 holes of frustrated rage that some guys cook up. I little off-color venting after a bad shot is fine but when it becomes an all day misery display it can be a real downer. Easier to ignore or tune out a sulker than a rager.

Aha!! Sweet revenge!

BTW, thanks for posting that Wiebe vid. That was f#$%&! epic...

dak4n6

Aha!! Sweet revenge!

BTW, thanks for posting that Wiebe vid. That was f#$%&! epic...

Live by the sword...

It was only a matter of time, I've dipped my toes in this thread way too often.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

I closed the window but I meant to quote Beachcomber saying his wife LAYS there for 30 more minutes instead of LIES there for 30 more minutes (or something like that).

Does she repeatedly get up and actually lay down again?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I closed the window but I meant to quote Beachcomber saying his wife LAYS there for 30 more minutes instead of LIES there for 30 more minutes (or something like that). Does she repeatedly get up and actually lay down again?

She just LOVES potato chips.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA, DAMN !!!!!, i SOOO want something to go wrong & GET lucky with a F series :P
LMFAO, if your a gamer it is PROVEN that the es series is better for gaming, beats me why & i surely would like some 1 to PROVE WHY, for all the rest, i don't care for "movies" BUT for those that care for "GAMING" i hope you pick the right choice !! biggrin.gif

Last review i remember is 40ms F series versus 31(odd)ms ES series.
I hand U a beating heart, will U chew it to bites? or devour it in 1 gulp?

Possession of a tender heart is like frying up a juicy liver wink.gif

Nothing particularly egregious here.  I just found it funny how, the more you read, the less you understand.

It's from the audio-video science forum, regarding the F series and ES series of TVs.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I hope that the consumption of a living heart refers to a video game, and we're not witnessing the musings of another Hannibal Lechter...

dak4n6

5 bucks goes to the first person who can read every word of this entire paragraph:

Quote:

drink lots of beer, my motto. j/k. in the last year (about this time)i took up the game of golf i have tried to played 2 rounds a week (wife hated me for that) i went from the very first time teeing off shanking duffing hacking the ball to the green then slapping it around finally getting it close to the hole, and i am serious about that. each time i went out i tried different stances ,swing motion ect. i did not give up i heard all kinds of advice on the course (try this and that) that does not work out there. i kept on playing hacking duffing, still played 2 times a week, again i would work on small adjustments stance grip ect. still hack and duff, still played 2 times a week and i enjoyed the game even tho i sucked. towards the end of summer i started to improve a little but not much 100 +. i found this site and started lurking, i picked up tid bits of info, go back out hack and slap still played 2 times a week even during the fall months. (i did not play the same course all the time mind you) i played a lot of courses in this area about 7 of them, san antonio (they have some beautiful courses) houston, i was invited to go to Tahoe and we played 4 courses there( and i actually played decent there) edgewood was my fav. so after Xmas i started to really to pay attention to my swing, grip and keeping my head still well heck it started to improve my game (still sucked on the short game and putting) i still played 2 times a week (by this time i did not care what the wife thought lol) i watch this site and picked up a couple of more pointers. then about a month ago i talked with one of my co workers i talk about my swing (i am a rode hard 50 yr old) went from a reach back around my head touch my belly button with the driver club head swing to a 1/2,3/4 swing. damn if that did not change my game. funny that one of the poster mention about hitting it at his house that has some acreage, myself (and wife) own horse stables, well i have  a 130 yrd set up and start hitting about 100 balls a day 8i 9i with my "new swing and grip" dang if i did not place my shots with in 10 yrd circle . so went out last week and played and played respectable broke 100 for the 2nd time , this game is starting to be fun, was hitting GIR and (also changed putter) my putting improved. instead of 4 putts i went  2 putts. also i get to play in my first legit tournament  this week end. to the end of my adventure,play golf don't get frustrated enjoy, forget everything when you are out there watch the wild life chit chat about goofy and funny things enjoy life, its way to short. btw my wife said not to buy her anything for valentines day just go play golf, damn i love her (i took me 1 1/2 hrs to type this damn thing because of phones and customers that's why i took up golf) enjoy the game of golf

dak4n6

5 bucks goes to the first person who can read every word of this entire paragraph:

Ha, I had to stop after three linear lines of text (can't really call them sentences)

Yours in earnest, Jason.