IGNORED

Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.

formula428
Note:Β This thread is 3102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?

• Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
    • It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.

I have been playing almost 7 yrs and majority of time play alone. Much better at taking practice to the course when practice is on the course. Hard part for me is learning to play with others. YEP type A here. Love my evenings on the course with the birds deer and turkey. So relaxing!! But my days she will learn to play this year. We'll see. She died come with me some times which I enjoy as well. ;)

...Β  I mean, isn't that the point? So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself?Β  Does anyone routinely do that?

I admit, i haven't read all six pages of replies that I expect mirror this, but I'm in about the same boat as you and have absolutely no problem playing alone. In fact, in a lot of ways I sorta prefer it since it removes some of the stress I feel when struggeling with someone watching (a personal issue others may not have to deal with). For what it is worth, I see a lot of solo players at my home course. I am lucky to be able to hit the range at least several times a week, and while "pulling my game together" I find playing nine holes is about right for underscoring things needing work and getting into the actual game, without getting frustrated.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Played 18 holes yesterday morning by myself (no one else wanted to brave the cold). I like to go out occasionally by myself and work on things. The course was empty so it was easy to hit a couple balls. I like to play the "worst ball scramble" where I hit two shots and play the poorer of the two.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white)Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like to get out by myself sometimes. Hit different shots and work on things. It's relaxing.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

I usually end up by myself when my neighbour cries off.

Actually quite enjoy going out by myself as I can then take my time and have a few practice hits on to the green if no one else is around me.

Mailman

Mailman

who are you ?

Gok Wan

Β Β  Cart Bag

Β Β  Hi Bore Β xls Driver

Β Β Β Β Β Big Bertha steelhead plusΒ  3 and 5 Woods

Β Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Β  PutterΒ 

I actually prefer to play by myself.Β  Mainly because it helps me focus on myself and what I need to improve on.Β  Plus you never know when you might get paired with another solo of the opposite sex. lol

I almost always play by myself, helps you concentrate on what you need to concentrate on, and you can play at your own pace without worrying about playing partners getting stressed because you're too slow/too fast.

I have never played with out at least one person I know but have had many added.

Some where very nice others have been asked to play ahead. But it sounds like I should give it a try, had an opertunity to play in PS when my wife wanted to Β go to a spa and turned it down and went up north instead.

Mike M.

IronsΒ G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome,Β 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Wow, what a subject close to my heart. I as well have recently taken up the game again after many years, and I as well am having a difficult time finding golf partners.Β  What I have concluded that golf, like other things in life are better when not alone , but even alone, it's better then none.

• :callaway:Β Callaway Epic Flash Driver.Β Β Epic Flash 3 Wood.Β Β GBB Flash 5 wood.Β Β EpicΒ Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland:Β ClevelandΒ Launcher HB Irons, 4Β through PW.Β CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:Β Β Seemore Si1 putter.

Β 

Β 

I've no issue with playing 18 holes by myself but lots of clubs around me will generally advise that you should only book as at least a pair at the weekend. Some even go so far as to say that if they're busy any pairs can be put together to make a 4 ball at the clubs discretion.

Driver - 10.5Β° Callaway RAZR FitΒ 

3 Wood - 15Β° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PWΒ -Β Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50Β° MD Golf NV Drew Standard BounceΒ 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60Β° Cleveland 588 RTXΒ 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

Originally Posted by superfly777

I've no issue with playing 18 holes by myself but lots of clubs around me will generally advise that you should only book as at least a pair at the weekend. Some even go so far as to say that if they're busy any pairs can be put together to make a 4 ball at the clubs discretion.

This is standard practice in my home area. Β You will almost never even have the opportunity to play alone, except maybe midafternoon on a weekday, and then you'll be stacking up behind threesomes and foursomes before you finish the front 9. Β My home course allows a single to book a tee time, but by the time he gets there to play, it will almost always be a threesome or a foursome. Β All of the guys here who say that they go out early Β so they can play alone or play fast have a very different situation from what I experienced my whole playing life. Β Our first tee time in midsummer was usually around 5:30, and it was usually a fourball. Β One of my jobs when I worked the morning shift in the starter booth was arriving at the course at 5 AM and staging carts fro the start of the day. Β I had days where an hour and a half later I was still shagging carts and only had 4 or 5 on the line because they were being issued to players as fast as I could bring them out. Β Nobody went out as a single on those days unless he was lucky enough to get out for an early 9 holes on the back nine. Β Often the back 9 was just as booked up for the first hour and a half (9 hole tee reservations were closed after 1Β½ hours from opening) as the full course was.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I've being trying to book a single recently. A lot of clubs are now preferring online booking but when you are choosing the number of players they only give options of 2, 3 or 4. Frustrating.

Driver - 10.5Β° Callaway RAZR FitΒ 

3 Wood - 15Β° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PWΒ -Β Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50Β° MD Golf NV Drew Standard BounceΒ 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60Β° Cleveland 588 RTXΒ 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

Like many others here... I prefer to play by myself. Hopefully I'm a single, if I get paired up... fine... I'm focusing on my game regardless... The best is in the rain... whole course to yourself!

• 1 month later...

I just started working part-time at my home course, so I sometimes go out for a quick nine in the afternoon after we've sent our last scheduled tee time off.Β  I've rarely golfed solo in the past, but I'm finding that I really enjoy it.Β  If I leave enough of a gap I can often get through with no delays - but if I get backed up behind the last group, I just spend a little time hitting a few balls and working on things I'm trying to improve.Β  It's leisurely because I'll have nobody pushing me from behind, so I can pretty much take as much time as I want and just enjoy the afternoon.Β  I still enjoy golfing with friends more, but any day on a golf course is a good day.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:Β  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note:Β This thread is 3102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!