IGNORED

Titleist 913

Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is the difference in the D2, D3, and the F?

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

What is the difference in the D2, D3, and the F?

The F is a fairway wood, the D3 is a smaller driver, the D2 is a larger driver.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Noticed Zach Johnson had a 913 headcover but was still using the 910 D2, guess Titleist marketing staff got him to at least switch headcovers until he's ready to swap drivers.  Also thought it was interesting that he's using an AP1 712 4 iron while 5i-9i are AP2's.  I guess no one told him he should be playing all forged irons.

Joe Paradiso

Zach probably liked the 913 driver headcover better.  Why would marketing ever make him or ask him to use a specific headcover?  And, don't you think Zach knows what clubs are best for him?  I think he's pretty confident in his set comp.

Originally Posted by lizzyval

Why would marketing ever make him or ask him to use a specific headcover?

Uh... to sell golf clubs?

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by lizzyval

Zach probably liked the 913 driver headcover better.  Why would marketing ever make him or ask him to use a specific headcover?  And, don't you think Zach knows what clubs are best for him?  I think he's pretty confident in his set comp.

Is this seriously a question? Because Titleist wants to create hype for their new line of drivers. It is pretty simple, and normal marketing.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

What ApocG10 said.  Hell, I've got a friend who was sponsored by Bridgestone -- had to carry 8-9 clubs of theirs.  His head cover was for the Bridgestone J80 (or whatever it was) but the head itself was a Taylormade Burner (the last generation prior to the white heads).

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when the 913 is going to be released and how many of you like me cant wait to get it in the bag?

Driver: 913d2 9.5 Deg Stiff                                                                       

Fairway: 913f 15 Deg Stiff   

Hybrid: 913h 21 Deg Stiff                             

Irons: MP59 4-PW Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM4 50, 54 & 58 Deg

Putter: White Hot Tour No.9

Ball: 2013 Pro V1

http://thesandtrap.com/t/59697/titleist-913

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2012/06/24/first-look-titleist-prototype-913-drivers.aspx

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

Originally Posted by TMarshall

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when the 913 is going to be released and how many of you like me cant wait to get it in the bag?

November...

From reports, more forgiving near the perimeters of the face over the 910, and lower spin. The shape of the 913 head might be slightly more pleasing - but that's subjective. Initial thoughts are that if you hit the 910 on the screws, keep the 910.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Merged a few 913 threads together.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 11 months later...

I have a 9.5 R9-Tri that I love and tried the TM R1 and thought it would be my next choice.  Saw that black headed model at the right price and went back to testing one against the other again.  Object of the test was to see if the purchase would give me any advantages.

Unfortunately, my testing was disrupted when a friend gave his Titleist 910 D2 to try.  After several long straight shots with it, I began to alternate between the three and this darn Titleist kept doing the same thing.  So next day I went to the Club's proshop to get a demo but I received the 913 D2 instead.  With the noticeable sound difference, this club flew also.

Tomorrow, I will test this against my R9 and the friends 910 to see if there is an advantage to replace what I have, skip over the 910 and go to the 913.

I am 72 years old, 15 handicaps, hitting the Titleist 200+ yards in the air on average, and question why should I be able to hit this club at my age and level so well?

Is Titleist that good and worth the price?

It sure looks that way to me after my first one hour testing of it today.

• 1 year later...

Old thread, not a new driver, but new to me.  I bought a 913 D2 used because I felt like it at the time.  Hit in the booth a few times (but not using the tracker), then laid down my money.  Played twice with it now, and it is easily averaging about 20 yards longer than my Callaway Diablo.  With the Callaway, I had to hit it perfect to get 220 yards, and any misshit was lucky to make 200.  The Titleist 913 D2 10.5° driver gets me 225 on an average swing, and nearer to 250 when I hit it right.  Even into the wind I hit a 240 yard drive yesterday, and that had become an impossibility for me with the Callaway.

When I was looking at the used drivers in the Golfsmith store, they had three 913's that interested me - a 9.5° with an "R" flex, a 9.5° with an "A" flex, and a 10.5° with an "R" flex.  I hit all 3 and chose the 10.5°.  I'm happy with my purchase, and paid less than half what a new one would cost.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!