IGNORED

Official U.s. Open @ Oakmont Thread

CG031
Note: This thread is 6162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Badds all the way today. The course seems to be playing easier so far today so it could yeild some low scores. We all know Tiger is going to execute so Badds has to shoot a good number but I think he can do it. The kid is ready.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badds all the way today. The course seems to be playing easier so far today so it could yeild some low scores. We all know Tiger is going to execute so Badds has to shoot a good number but I think he can do it. The kid is ready.

I disagree. I think it's playin tough. I think +5 or +6 will win it. Come on Bubba, even though you've sucked today your not out of it just yet!!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Greetings ....

What a difference a week makes!

So, will this make golf more popular in Argentina, the way that Norman and Von Nida made it popular in Australia?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good playing by Cabrera; one under with some of those pins today was amazing. His enthusiasm as he walked toward the trophy presentation was also refreshing. I have have a suspicion he and Eddie (his caddie from Big Break Fame) will be drinking a few out of the trophy tonight.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Good playing by Cabrera; one under with some of those pins today was amazing. His enthusiasm as he walked toward the trophy presentation was also refreshing. I have have a suspicion he and Eddie (his caddie from Big Break Fame) will be drinking a few out of the trophy tonight.

Believe it or not I went to school in Springfield, Mo and when Payne Stewart won the US open he filled the trophy up with champaign and passed it around the bar. It was truly a awesome moment.

Cool; that's something that not a lot of people can say they've done!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

WAs really hoping Tiger would of pulled this one out. Man this one has got to hurt.

Maybe his super tight shirts cut off the blood to his brain. He really should have won that one.

In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

Maybe his super tight shirts cut off the blood to his brain. He really should have won that one.

I think Tiger needs to start winning these types of Majors, where he is one or two shots off the lead, for him to start being considered great. At the moment, he looks like the pressure of chasing gets to him. 0/12 major wins coming from behind. 12/12 when leading after the 3rd round.

I was hoping Ames or Bubba would win....sorry but Angel for me was such an anti-climax....wish tiger was able to force a playoff
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

A tip of the hat goes to Angel Cabrera for winning the 2007 U.S. Open.

What a brutal tournament!

Shooting a 69 on the final day with all the pressure on was quite a accomplishment for Cabrera. Cabrera might not have been the winner anyone expected, especially at Oakmont, but he definitely earned his victory against the best. After shooting 76 Saturday coming back with a 69 was simply amazing. Having quality golfers such as Woods and Furyk nipping at his heels all day kept the pressure on for sure and really it came down to the last holes before all was said and done.

A great win for Cabrera and a superb U.S. Open.

I think Tiger needs to start winning these types of Majors, where he is one or two shots off the lead, for him to start being considered great.

Right because tiger woods is such a mediocre golfer. I mean who would even ever consider him as one of the great golfers of all time.

At the moment, he looks like the pressure of chasing gets to him.

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that starting from behind puts you at a disadvantage?

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Right because tiger woods is such a mediocre golfer. I mean who would even ever consider him as one of the great golfers of all time.

I think it has something to do with Tiger's strategy. He usually gets ahead early, and then plays for par or the occasional birdie in the later rounds, forcing the other players to take risks, to play catch up - and in the process make their share of mistakes.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I think it has something to do with Tiger's strategy. He usually gets ahead early, and then plays for par or the occasional birdie in the later rounds, forcing the other players to take risks, to play catch up - and in the process make their share of mistakes.

Exactly. And it looks like Angel used that strategy on the back nine -- forcing Tiger and Furyk to attempt to drive the green on 17th... and we saw how well that turned out for them.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Tiger needs to start winning these types of Majors, where he is one or two shots off the lead, for him to start being considered great. At the moment, he looks like the pressure of chasing gets to him. 0/12 major wins coming from behind. 12/12 when leading after the 3rd round.

he's 0/28 when coming from behind

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Other than the constant drama and emotion of the world's best golfers shooting record high scores of their professional lives, there were two other things worth noting.

Angel Cabrera, an ex-caddie! When was the last time an ex-caddie won a U.S. golf tournament? Olazabal? Ballesteros? And the last American-born ex-caddie -- was it Lee Trevino?

Used to be, the best players in the game were former caddies from across the tracks, except for Bobby Jones. Think Frances Ouimet, Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Mangrum, and many more.

Pro golf didn't use to be a game for the rich or college educated. It was a way out of poverty, like basketball or football today. And pro golfers weren't exactly pampered. Sam Snead said, "[back in the 1930s,] we pros rode four to a car and slept two to a bed."

The other thing is Tiger Woods. Here he is, making 100 million or so a year, the richest athlete in the history of sport, and he is so intense, so focused. He so hates to lose. He is first and foremost a fiercely competitive golfer. If I had 1/1000th his assets, I'd chuck it all and go play on my yacht. Not him!

Never liked Tiger. He's not someone you can like. But I am closer now than ever before.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

why did Cabrera have to win

Driver: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium 10.5*
Woods: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium - Hybrid,3,5
Irons: Dunlop X-Ti - 4,5,6,7,8,9
Wedges: Dunlop Tour Wedges - SW, PW, LW
Putter: Tour Special, Pin Sight 111Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!