IGNORED

My Swing (Golfingdad)

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 1285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

"Dink in the sink" ??

Lol, I now know far too much about Gdaddy's priorities.

LOL ... yeah, this is the first time I heard that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Yep. :) Powerful imagery…

I'll say.  Hey, if it works I'll do it!  (Not the giraffe, but the sink)  Gotta draw the line somewhere.

To do list: get a bigger sink. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL ... you remind me of the joke about the 2 guys pissing off the bridge. :beer:

Water's cold..... ....and deep , ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nice swing Drew, keep up the good work. Great to play with you yesterday, noticed you didn't hit any of those big pushes with the driver that you use to hit. Keep doing that tee drill that Erik showed you to help the thrust pieces at impact/into the followthrough.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Nice swing Drew, keep up the good work. Great to play with you yesterday, noticed you didn't hit any of those big pushes with the driver that you use to hit. Keep doing that tee drill that Erik showed you to help the thrust pieces at impact/into the followthrough.

It looks very nice!  I like the little Kuchar move in the takeaway.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Thanks!  Yeah, I had no big pushes Monday and I think I had one on Sunday.  And it wasn't even that big and only a push (didn't cut like they sometimes do)  Oddly enough, I'm attributing that to my new WEAKER grip that Stephan has me working on.  He had me weaken the grip to try and curb my other big miss - which was a really ugly pull hook.  He politely referred to it as an "overdraw."  LOL.

Here's my theory:  With my old grip, I knew that the overdraw was a possibility, so I was sometimes scared to commit to the swing (especially if there was trouble left), and that led to the push cut.  Now that I know it's so much harder to hit a pull hook (I can still do it - had two Sunday and one Monday) I am less tentative about missing left, and thus am less prone to miss right as well.

Does that make sense at all??

It looks very nice!  I like the little Kuchar move in the takeaway.

Really?  It kind of bugs me.  I'd like it to be a nice smooth takeaway without any extra movement.  It's just a goofy quirk that started (I don't know when) and I haven't been able to get rid of it.  (Admittedly, haven't tried too hard yet, busy with other things) :beer:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Really?  It kind of bugs me.  I'd like it to be a nice smooth takeaway without any extra movement.  It's just a goofy quirk that started (I don't know when) and I haven't been able to get rid of it.  (Admittedly, haven't tried too hard yet, busy with other things)

For you I would file it under "vanity piece" and work on it when you have all 5 Keys :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Really?  It kind of bugs me.  I'd like it to be a nice smooth takeaway without any extra movement.  It's just a goofy quirk that started (I don't know when) and I haven't been able to get rid of it.  (Admittedly, haven't tried too hard yet, busy with other things)

I do the same thing now, the kutchar move. What I try to do is 5 kutchar moves to 1 normal backswing. Someday I'll get rid of the Kutchar move :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For you I would file it under "vanity piece" and work on it when you have all 5 Keys

Ha ha, yeah I just thought it was kind of cool is all @Golfingdad

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Glad to hear you are hitting few hooks! :)

Yes, I feel like I've made some serious progress in the last few weeks, and its mainly with this.  I've played 3 rounds in the last couple of weeks and only lost one ball (which, ironically enough, was a provisional) and on the type of courses where it was unheard of just a few weeks back for me to keep my drives in play 14 times a round.  Now that I'm able to keep it on the planet, I think I can improve upon this and start actually finding the short grass a little bit more often. :beer:

Glad to hear you are hitting few hooks! :)

I find it hilarious that an instructor is celebrating hooks, but understanding ball flight laws, and those who have suffered thru years of slices, HOOKS ARE AWESOME!!! :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I find it hilarious that an instructor is celebrating hooks, but understanding ball flight laws, and those who have suffered thru years of slices, HOOKS ARE AWESOME!!!

Big typo, meant to type "fewer".  Sorry, @Golfingdad knew what I meant :)

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

From Thursday.  Nothing new, still working on the legs as well as trying to flatten the downswing, both to little avail thus far.  Then again, miniscule progress is still progress, right.  At least I'm not going backwards. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of raw videos from today ...

I'm incorporating a new drill here from Stephan called the "Norman Drill."  Basically, sliding my right foot back on the downswing.  It looks goofy, but based on the way it feels, I think the gist of it is that since I'm, for all intents and purposes, standing on one leg coming into impact, it would be really, really hard to have that one leg bent too much ... or else I'd crumple to the ground.

Overall, same goals still ... straighter legs at impact, "jumping" feel, flatter swing from A4 on, get that shaft pointing at or just beyond the ball in DTL.

P.S.  That sweater sitting on the bag stand is not purple, it's maroon.  (and red, argyle)  Just sayin'.

Note: This thread is 1285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!