IGNORED

My Swing (Jetfan1983)

JetFan1983

LOL, that guy would beat me by 10 strokes right now :-D Alright, I'll figure this shit out. James sent me some simple stuff to think about.

Cool. He's gotten to work with you a few times so def do what he says. Maybe go back and watch some videos or pics he's sent you in the past.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

LOL, that guy would beat me by 10 strokes right now

Alright, I'll figure this shit out. James sent me some simple stuff to think about.

Cool. He's gotten to work with you a few times so def do what he says. Maybe go back and watch some videos or pics he's sent you in the past.

I will.

Thanks, Mike.

Constantine

Note to self about my putting setup: Don't be an idiot and play the ball in the middle of your stance, you stupid moron. It took me 27 holes this weekend to realize that I was playing it too far back. I need a forward ball position to hit my start lines consistently. Ugh... 27 of 36 holes basically wasted because I was too dumb to realize this.

So for future reference (and hopefully I won't forget this), play the ball forward of middle. Somewhere near my left heel.

If I forget, hopefully I at least am smart enough to remember to search "putting" in this thread, so I can find this post.

And, future-self, you really shouldn't be forgetting this, and if you did, shame on you. The right ball position is important, ya dummy! :-P

Some other important setup pieces to remember:

1) Slouched posture. You should know what that means

2) James's recommended grip. Helps start lines.

and 3) The tendency is to draw the putter head out, so watch your swing path on the backswing when warming up on the practice green.

Constantine

Here's my POS golf swing right now. Same old, same old:

Here's me trying to feel something else. Never works though. Guess I need to do this over and over and over again at a really slow speed until I can find the sweet spot consistently.

Painful game.

Constantine

Don't be so hard on yourself. I'd take your POS swing over mine, any day.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Me too.  It appears @JetFan1983 probably hits his driver farther than 210 (like me)...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Me too.  It appears @JetFan1983 probably hits his driver farther than 210 (like me)...

Honestly, you guys have no idea how much it helps me to have you come on here and encourage me. It legitimately means a lot. This game drives me bonkers.

I guess the grass is always greener. I'm not just saying this -- and maybe I'm in the same boat as you -- but you both have swings with potential for low handicap golf. How low, I dunno, but you do. I guess this game just takes a lot of practice and playing to get there (not including the golf savants who somehow get good after 1-3 years).

Anyway, I appreciate the replies, and hopefully I'll have something positive to post here. Good news is my short game and putting are good. No complaints.

And re: that 210 yard carry with your driver: I understand why you'd want to hit it farther, but I'm confident you will over time. You have so many good pieces in your swing, I think you just need to play a TON of golf. You'll figure out the minute details eventually.

Does everyone think I should keep making that practice swing I'm making? It looks okay to me. Short, controlled, not overloaded. Downswing shallows the shaft. Seems to be a good thing to ingrain.

In the end, I'm in too deep to give up now. Serious love-hate relationship with this game.

Constantine

Does anyone think I have a bit too much right arm at impact? I know I'm hitting off the toe, but on analyzr right now it seems a lot of pros have their right arm every so slightly more extended at impact than me. And all of them reach full extension a lot sooner than I do. Of course, there are other issues in my swing too, but am I onto something here? Or just going off on some dumb tangent?

I guess everyone good has varying levels of this depending on what the rest of the body is doing so maybe not. But obviously if my right arm was a little less bent at impact, the sweet spot would be impacting the ball, not the toe.

I guess this could be just a quick fix thing that'll end up just being a new timing variable for me, which would be bad. Anyway, thought I'd throw this thought out there just in case I was onto something. Obviously the main focus will be to shorten the backswing length, steeping the shaft plane, then shallow with elbow positioning (like those practice swings I was doing before).

Constantine

Much better!

Does everyone think I should keep making that practice swing I'm making? It looks okay to me. Short, controlled, not overloaded. Downswing shallows the shaft. Seems to be a good thing to ingrain.

Keep doing it for sure. Looks great

Does anyone think I have a bit too much right arm at impact? I know I'm hitting off the toe, but on analyzr right now it seems a lot of pros have their right arm every so slightly more extended at impact than me. And all of them reach full extension a lot sooner than I do. Of course, there are other issues in my swing too, but am I onto something here? Or just going off on some dumb tangent?

I guess everyone good has varying levels of this depending on what the rest of the body is doing so maybe not. But obviously if my right arm was a little less bent at impact, the sweet spot would be impacting the ball, not the toe.

My vote is for dumb tangent ;-)

Keep making those practice swings and doing what you're doing. I think you'd see more center contact if your A4 was here. You're pretty darn close though.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I am jealous!!! :-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

I am jealous!!!

HAHA, Matt, if I could stop there, I would!!!! I told you shortening your swing was hard!!!! :-D

Constantine

HAHA, Matt, if I could stop there, I would!!!! I told you shortening your swing was hard!!!!

I KNOW!!!

We should start an overswinging group on the forum. It can be like an AA group!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

HAHA, Matt, if I could stop there, I would!!!! I told you shortening your swing was hard!!!!

I KNOW!!!

We should start an overswinging group on the forum. It can be like an AA group!!!

It's going to be okay, guys. It's going to be okay....

Constantine

Can I join this exclusive overswing club?

We'll tell security to put your name on the list and let you in :-D

Constantine

We'll tell security to put your name on the list and let you in :-D [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98217/] [/URL]

Great thanks a lot! Just for full disclosure though I want to let you and the rest if the VIP members that I am currently working on leaving this exclusive club as soon as possible.. I hope my stint here is not long but I'm sure it will be fun while it lasts!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quote:

We'll tell security to put your name on the list and let you in

Great thanks a lot! Just for full disclosure though I want to let you and the rest if the VIP members that I am currently working on leaving this exclusive club as soon as possible.. I hope my stint here is not long but I'm sure it will be fun while it lasts!

Yah, I'm right there with you, Eyad. :-D Great escape style.

Shotgun I get to be Steve McQueen!

Constantine