IGNORED

Marathon Golf - The Time Is Here

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok... So my wife is packed and ready to leave for Phoenix for the next 12-days.  She is taking our dog.  I'm going to be a bachelor for 2wks.  No business trips on the calendar.  O.M.G.  This is going to be fun!

1.) Wake up every morning at 4:30 AM.

2.) Take a shower.

3.) Do 200 presses.

4.) Eat breakfast.

5.) Drive to the course.

6.) Tee off (by 5:30 AM) and finish my round by 9.

7.) Home by 9:15.... Work.

8.) Lunch at 11:45 AM

9.) Do 200 presses.

10.) Finish work by 4:30 PM.

11.) Eat dinner.

12.) Drive to the range.... Be there from 5:30 until 8:30 practicing all facets of my game.

13.) Home by 8:45.

14.) 45min workout (Crossfit)

15.) Shower and in bed by 10 PM.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Holy ....I think I can get 8hrs+ of golf in a day for the next two weeks!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Motown88

What do you do for a living, obviously I picked the wrong career field!!!

+1 and why the hell would you be waking up at 4:30 in the morning?

Driver: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 9.5*

Woods: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 15*

Hybrid: CALLAWAY Diablo Edge 21*

Irons: CLEVELAND TA7 3-PW

Wedges: CLEVELAND 588 51*, 56*, and (60* on standby)

Putter: ODYSSEY DFX 1100 mallet

Bag: NIKE Performance Carry (Lime green/Grey)

Ball: NIKE One Tour D

I belive I could sleep in a little longer and still get a round in.  My days are not as busy as yours when i'm off work though.  Either way it is still awesome to be able to get in that much golf a week, especially for two weeks straight.  Hell, I wish I had the time to get in three or four a week!

Driver: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 9.5*

Woods: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 15*

Hybrid: CALLAWAY Diablo Edge 21*

Irons: CLEVELAND TA7 3-PW

Wedges: CLEVELAND 588 51*, 56*, and (60* on standby)

Putter: ODYSSEY DFX 1100 mallet

Bag: NIKE Performance Carry (Lime green/Grey)

Ball: NIKE One Tour D

I was about to remark on how awesome that was until I realized that that could be everyday for me and it's not. :-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

SIgn me up!  Well, for Thursday at least ... I don't know if I could even do that 2 days in a row, let alone 2 weeks!  And I still think we're going to need flash lights for the first hole.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

SIgn me up!  Well, for Thursday at least ... I don't know if I could even do that 2 days in a row, let alone 2 weeks!  And I still think we're going to need flash lights for the first hole.

Ha!  We will need a spotter on the first hole.  After that... We're golden.

• Administrator

I'm a bachelor for the next two weeks as well.

LOTS of golf and practicing going to go on.

And lots of work.

And, because I am who I am, really that'll be about it. :P

If only I lived in San Diego. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow, I thought it was good when my wife went to the beach for a weekend and I played 63 holes, Fri-Sun.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

All I can say is, YOU ARE NUTS!! What are you on crack or something? How can you possibly have that much energy to do all that?

I maybe would have half of that energy, but back when I was 15 years old, and it was hormones teenage monster energy.

I bet after the first day, you will be too tired to wake up at 4:30am on Tues.

Please report back to us. I wanna know if you can keep to that crazy schedule.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Assuming that today was the first day, he'd better not be!  I will be dragging my fat butt out of bed tomorrow at 4:30 to meet him at the course for another schooling!

(But unlike Beach, this will likely be the only time in the next 2 weeks that I will be up before 6am.)

But I do agree that he should document the entire 12 days here.

Somewhat related, I should be able to do something similar. I work for myself and go in to the office during normal hours, maybe a little later than most. My normal day looks like 9:30/10am until 4/4:30pm. I'm in software, so I don't really interact with customers in the typical way most do and I'm also completely solo. I genuinely could work in the middle of the night and have no effect from working 9am-5pm. Two nights a week my wife works, so I do have to pick up the kids by a certain time and be the "single parent" until she gets home but aside from that my week is quite flexible. There's no reason I can't get up and go golfing every single morning, be home by noon, have lunch, work from 12-5pm, spend time with my family, then finish off the day from 9pm-12. I just don't. Part of it is that my physical office is across town so basically I'd have to commit to working from home, which can be problematic when the wife and 3 kids are here 3 days a week. I'm not sure why I don't structure my days a little differently, but I just never have in the last year or so I've been doing this. Crazy, huh?

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Originally Posted by Motley01

All I can say is, YOU ARE NUTS!! What are you on crack or something? How can you possibly have that much energy to do all that?

I maybe would have half of that energy, but back when I was 15 years old, and it was hormones teenage monster energy.

Please report back to us. I wanna know if you can keep to that crazy schedule.

Maybe he wakes up at the time regularly, not everyone sleeps in until noon.  Waking up at the crack of dawn isn't that hard to do if your body is used to it.

8/1/12

OK - yesterday was the first half day with the wife gone.  She left at noon with the dog.  The house was dead... Work was complete, so I went to the range in the afternoon at 4:30.  Hit a medium bucket of balls, then played 9 holes twilight... Tee'd off by 5:15 PM and was finished with 9 by 7:30 (the course is slow as hell where I play).

I probably could of squeezed in another four holes, but instead - went to the putting green and worked on my stroke from 7:30 until dusk which was a little after 8.

I went and picked up some dinner at a little local Italian joint, went home and ate, and watched a few minutes of the Golf Channel.  Had some PGA updates going on and then after I finished up eating... I did my crossfit workout.  Was wrapped up by 9:30.  Jumped in the shower and called the wife.  Was in bed by 10:15.

8/2/12

4:30 AM alarm went off.  Did my presses and jumped in the shower.  Grabbed a small breakfast to take with me to the course, and was there by 5:10 for a 5:30 tee time.  Played 18 with Golfindad... Had four 3-putts (note to self - practice my short putts)... And shot an 81.  Was pissed off at myself... But the silver lining was that I hit some very nice iron shots and hit 66.7% of my GIR.

My fairways %'s were low (28%) - but they were just barely off to the side on most holes. So not bad from tee to green - but just absolutely terrible with my putter.  On one Par 3... It was severely sloped from right to left - and back to front (uphill)... I was down in front - putting uphill with a right to left break.  About 50ft away.  I hit the putt hard enough that it probably would've went 25ft by the hole (LOL)... It hits the hole dead center - jumps about 3ft in the air and lands to the left of the hole - then runs down the slope about 20ft away.  Then I proceed to miss that 20ft uphill putt - and have a tap in for a bogey 4.  That was probably the worst putt I've made recent history - maybe ever?!

We finished 18 holes by 8:50... And I was able to jump on a con call at 9.  So far, today's been running as planned!  Gonna head to the range this evening and hopefully find my confidence with my putter at the practice green?!

And I played like doodoo as well.  Putting was fine for me ... didn't make anything, but didn't 3 putt either.  Everything else, yikes.  Need to go back to the range.(86 for me)  [EDIT:  Just went back and looked at my stats ... I actually hit 50% fairways, which is pretty darn good for me, but the bad news was, the fairways I missed, good god did I miss.  I hit one 3 wood literally 40 degrees right of target.  ... And I hit 3 greens.  Sweet.]

Good news is, we played 18 and I was in the office by 9:30.

Oh, and there was a little light when we teed off ... from a full moon, and a little maintenance tractor parked in the first fairway with lights shining on the aiming stick.  The sun wasn't actually witnessed until, I believe, the 5th hole (maybe it was 4, I can't remember)

Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!