IGNORED

How Many Is Too Many?? Golf Balls That Is!

sportsnut
Note: This thread is 4247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ApocG10

??? why wouldn't you pick up balls you found? And why would you care who picks up your lost balls?

I pick up any mid range and up balls I find, and throw them in the practice pail.

I don't pick up balls I find for three reasons: 1) if its a nice shiny ball, it could very well be that its owner is going to come looking for it soon; and 2) I've got a shag bag full of old balls; 3) I don't like playing different balls for consistency purposes.

I don't care if someone else picks up my lost balls, but I do care if they pickup my stray balls.  Happened to me twice last week.  Once wasn't even stray, it was in my own fairway.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

2 balls per round without any lost balls?  Are you playing balata?

I play Penta TP5's and the 20XI, though the Penta is my main ball. Both are notoriously easy to tear up. But I love the penta, its the best I found for my game so far. I could not care less about durability. If I destroyed 4 balls a round, I would still use the Penta TP. Just all around feels great.

I know I can get a full round out of a ProV1, but I have never really liked the Titleist balls, or their feel off anything but wedges.

like I said, everything but my Penta's and ProV1's were gifts. I keep ProV1's on hand, but for the most part, they are my back yard practice ball.

Maybe I need new clubs - I don't recall ever taking a Penta out of play because of a torn cover. Usually they'd last a round or two before I spray one off the planet.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by dsc123

I've got 5 dozen Gamers on hand right now.  I typically put a new sleeve into the bad each time I go, unless there is already a full sleeve in there.  So I've typically got 3-5 new balls in there, and 1-2 junk balls.

I don't pick up anything I find on the course.  I hate when people pick up my strays.

How do you feel about ex-girlfriends? I found a near brand new ProV1 in my range bucket today.... I kept that. I didn't have the heart to hit it out with the range rocks. Is that okay?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

How do you feel about ex-girlfriends? I found a near brand new ProV1 in my range bucket today.... I kept that. I didn't have the heart to hit it out with the range rocks. Is that okay?

I don't follow.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I carry 2-3 sleeves in my bag.

Vr_s 9.5 degree Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff

Vr_s 15 degree Diamana Blueboard 73 Stiff

Vr_s 19 degree Diamana Blueboard 73 Stiff

Vr Pro 3-P Project x 5.5 Hard Stepped Once

Vr Pro DS  56 & 60 True Temper S400

Spider Ghost 34"

ProV1

In my experience, ProV1 covers are far more prone to scuffing than Penta's.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

You would be the only person I have heard say that, as the main complaint with the Penta has always been durability.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

We must have received the same shipment of Pentas. I thought they were very durable for a tour ball, but maybe I got a bad batch.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've heard the same thing about Pentas.  I have used TP Black and they are pretty good too.  2008 / 2010 Titleist NXT Tour scuff up pretty easily but the Callaway Tour I(s) are a bit better.   I haven't tried the HEX Black Tour yet, hopefully Wednesday.

We must have received the same shipment of Pentas. I thought they were very durable for a tour ball, but maybe I got a bad batch.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I've heard the same thing about Pentas.  I have used TP Black and they are pretty good too.  2008 / 2010 Titleist NXT Tour scuff up pretty easily but the Callaway Tour I(s) are a bit better.   I haven't tried the HEX Black Tour yet, hopefully Wednesday.

Quote:

Note: This thread is 4247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!